• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine with a number involved, as it evolves they'll be changes moving forward.

That's because people base their knowledge on the way Ron ran, or didn't rather ran, the club.
We were losing money most seasons under Jobson and the Rubins too, so 50 years of history is a reasonable base to use.
Plus most football clubs are losing money annually and are reliant on owner input .

We can be a self sufficient , minimal loss making football club , but don't expect dramatic improvements to RH or a team tearing trees up through the divisions .

Give it 5 years and revisit the expectations

We were losing money most seasons under Jobson and the Rubins too, so 50 years of history is a reasonable base to use.
Plus most football clubs are losing money annually and are reliant on owner input .

We can be a self sufficient , minimal loss making football club , but don't expect dramatic improvements to RH or a team tearing trees up through the divisions .

Give it 5 years and revisit the expectations
oh and hope that Should we get a lucky break (a la Tilly promotions) that the owner doesn't get carried away and overspend to maintain any exhalted league position (ie RM in the Championship)

Got to be honest. I think we're going to run out of time for a buyer, debts to be paid and being about to operate as a football club for the start of the season. Its far too late for talk of interested parties. We need actions! Sorry to be negative but unless a statement comes out that a deal has been agreed by end of the week I think we're done. I really hope I'm wrong.

What did you expect exactly?.

Whoever takes over will have a bit of time to get their act together but if our MPs get us that helped we need (no reason why we can't get emergency loans at worst) then the debts can be paid before a NL deadline which right now is the bottom line alongside getting the rat out.
I was hoping a buyer was going to be in place. The season starts in two weeks, we may not be.

For the people struggling to join the dots. Jack mentioned on the twitter space last night that there's 5 people from SS postcodes all trying to save the club and make things happen. From Kimura only Simon & Kris are located in Southend. Do the maths and that means 3 other to this point unknown businessman are planning on getting in on the act.
Thanks for sharing this mate. Was working last night so didn't see/listen to the twitter exchange and was definitely in the dark!

I will be on TalkSport at 12.15 please note, I am not announcing anything, I am able to elude to certain on goings, a lot of stuff cannot be discussed. I will talk about parts of todays statement and further meetings taking place today.
@CRATE , So announcement at midday..ish, you follow up @ 12.15pm?

Just want to clarify, as I am on a Teams Work meeting 12 to 1 and am going to have to push the MUTE icon a lot...... :Smile:

There will be no announcements today. Unless it’s involving a party no one is aware of!
I think you should be a bit more conservative with your posts, seeing as there are a lot of vulnerable/stressed fans on social media who seem to be following your every word.

The bottom line is the earlier statement from Kimura told us nothing (although there may have been) so unless you are one of the so called 5 interested parties which you aren't then I suggest you know the same as the rest of us which is FA./ego.

Just be aware of those around/following you, rather then you own self appointed ITK person

Well that's a bit of a letdown for us all. 🙄
Huge let down. Has something changed?

If yesterdays hints about a 5 person consortium, statement and listening to talksport turn out to be:

* No statement about anything positive, just that Kimura haven’t fully given up but are less likely to take over than pre-statement.
* 5 person consortium still just a rumour, nothing public, hiding in the shadows at best.
* Nothing on talksport of substance other than discussing rumours.

Then yes, that’s a huge let down. Surely this wasn’t what was hinted at?

I think you should be a bit more conservative with your posts, seeing as there are a lot of vulnerable/stressed fans on social media who seem to be following your every word.

The bottom line is the earlier statement from Kimura told us nothing (although there may have been) so unless you are one of the so called 5 interested parties which you aren't then I suggest you know the same as the rest of us which is FA./ego.

Just be aware of those around/following you, rather then you own self appointed ITK person
No please ignore this crate your slight snippets here and there and positivity is helping keep me more positive for one.

I will be on TalkSport at 12.15 please note, I am not announcing anything, I am able to elude to certain on goings, a lot of stuff cannot be discussed. I will talk about parts of todays statement and further meetings taking place today.
I am being hesistant here, we were told to look out for the TalkSport section at 12PM but it won't offer anything new..?

I am appreciative of the work you have done and the engagement with the fan base, but need to be a little careful on what is deemed as exciting and what to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back