• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The past 10 mins have been a perfect example of the jumping to conclusions and stress everyone is experiencing. I fully expect nothing has changed in what CRATE has told us. If there was a delay then I am sure CRATE would have explained why. I am still expecting a statement of intent from the 5 guys followed at 1215 a talk sport interview.

Let’s all be sensible just for 5 minutes.

1. No announcement can be made, until a deal is done (if one gets done) however updates through statements can be made?

2. A lot of work has to get done by a lot of people, with people on different time zones.

3. KIMURA have clearly stated in their statement. They’re not out, but seeking support of others in a collaborative way of working. I’m sure I’ve already alluded to a group of people working together?

4. Yes, I’ve put myself out there to be shot at. I’m just doing my best to the best of my ability and knowledge.

5. Everything I’ve said in the past 4-5 days has come true. But if you wish to continue to doubt, do so.
I am not out here to shoot you, I am just stating from a fans perspective which a lot seemed to have agreed with, how its being taken.

As I said, I've really appreciated the time and work you have put in, in the last couple of weeks or more.

1. No announcement can be made, until a deal is done (if one gets done) however updates through statements can be made?

2. A lot of work has to get done by a lot of people, with people on different time zones.

3. KIMURA have clearly stated in their statement. They’re not out, but seeking support of others in a collaborative way of working. I’m sure I’ve already alluded to a group of people working together?

4. Yes, I’ve put myself out there to be shot at. I’m just doing my best to the best of my ability and knowledge.

5. Everything I’ve said in the past 4-5 days has come true. But if you wish to continue to doubt, do so.
Well said Sir!

The past 10 mins have been a perfect example of the jumping to conclusions and stress everyone is experiencing. I fully expect nothing has changed in what CRATE has told us. If there was a delay then I am sure CRATE would have explained why. I am still expecting a statement of intent from the 5 guys followed at 1215 a talk sport interview.
Is it 12:15 on talksport?

rubbish .... we can run this club ..

SUFC is a perfectly sustainable professional football club.

It is also a good business proposition and generates good revenues.
That’s not really true
There’s long been an adage that the quickest way to turn a big fortune in to a small fortune is to buy a football club.

Very few teams in the U.K. at any level are totally self sustainable, especially if f you now stay at Roots Hall with a view to updating it to make possible other revenue opportunities, rebuilding the east for example to include corporate hospitality and non matchday revenue streams. That will all cost at least ten million on top of purchase price of club and be at least 5 years until you can achieve that

I have faith in you and I still do.

Don’t see what people are in happy about everything he has said has happened so far
Apart from the documentary release date?

Slightly tongue in cheek, he’s clearly well intentioned and has good contacts but, for balance, I think he’s been over-egging a few things by prematurely sharing information before it’s confirmed and unduly got people’s hopes up (leading to subsequent disappointment). I would have thought one of the supporters groups would be more appropriate to be a mouthpiece or conduit for supporters right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back