• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people struggling to join the dots. Jack mentioned on the twitter space last night that there's 5 people from SS postcodes all trying to save the club and make things happen. From Kimura only Simon & Kris are located in Southend. Do the maths and that means 3 other to this point unknown businessman are planning on getting in on the act.

For the people struggling to join the dots. Jack mentioned on the twitter space last night that there's 5 people from SS postcodes all trying to save the club and make things happen. From Kimura only Simon & Kris are located in Southend. Do the maths and that means 3 other to this point unknown businessman are planning on getting in on the act.
Unless 2 of the other 3 are Anna Firth and James Duddridge in which case we are looking at one (hopefully wealthy) individual to partner and lead with Kimura.

It said 5 people all trying to save the club - all 5 aren't necessarily looking to buy the club.

This is not good news. If a buyer is found it's going to take time for deal to go through. Can't see that being ready in two weeks when the season starts. We are out of time.

Why do people think:
a) we will carry on losing £1.2million a year
b) investors won't see a return on their money?

We never believed the club was losing that kind of money really when RM said that was the case. Why would we now? Surely decent business people can turn this club/company around?

Also, I see a time in the future where we do move out of RH into a stadium and training ground that we can afford, allowing RH to be developed for loadsamoney.

This is not good news. If a buyer is found it's going to take time for deal to go through. Can't see that being ready in two weeks when the season starts. We are out of time.
Not necessarily. As suggested, IF Kimura have some involvement, then DD has been done already. It's now about those involved working out a deal together to present to Ron. I just hope within that group, there is one overall strong leader otherwise it'll end in boardroom disagreement down the line. A body can only have one head. I get the impression Kimura won't be that head now, but will be potentially part of that body.

Trigger, mickey pierce and mike from the nags head.

Whoever it is, needs to hurry up. We cant afford to have points docked or postponed matches, we dont want to keep playing the chance game like SNAKE has been doing, new owners need to be installed like yesterday. And staff need paying, Kev needs a budget and we absolutely need to get out of this damned embargo.

Fed up with rumours, its action we need.

Actually postponing games might be beneficial - would allow the squad to be strengthened and make up for some of the cancelled pre season

Why do people think:
a) we will carry on losing £1.2million a year
b) investors won't see a return on their money?

We never believed the club was losing that kind of money really when RM said that was the case. Why would we now? Surely decent business people can turn this club/company around?

Also, I see a time in the future where we do move out of RH into a stadium and training ground that we can afford, allowing RH to be developed for loadsamoney.
A. Lack of insight
B. Lack of insight

Would it be right to assume that technically, a consortium would bring more money to the club to invest in players, roots hall etc compared to just one singular party?
I would say that we are really going to need to cut our coats according to our cloth in the future.

These investors aren't going to enable us to go out and spend fortunes on players and nor should they if we want a club with a long-term future.

I personally wouldn't expect a massive investment in Roots Hall either as I still see our long-term plans to include a move away that allows the Roots Hall complex to be developed for housing.

I do love how people are set on that we will carry on losing a lot of money every season, forgetting that the new owners are probably going to be smarter than Ron and try and find areas to improve that will improve the cashflow and revenue for the club. Yes, it is a money losing business, football is not a sector in which money will successfully be profitable, but people really think new owners aren't going to TRY and at least balance the books? They aren't Ron Martin.

I imagine with a number involved, as it evolves they'll be changes moving forward.
I do love how people are set on that we will carry on losing a lot of money every season, forgetting that the new owners are probably going to be smarter than Ron and try and find areas to improve that will improve the cashflow and revenue for the club. Yes, it is a money losing business, football is not a sector in which money will successfully be profitable, but people really think new owners aren't going to TRY and at least balance the books? They aren't Ron Martin.

Last edited:
I really hope this group combined carries some serious clout, enough to get us over the line finally.

I hope they are able to ignite support from fans, the local community and the wider football community by going public.

We need to show the entire English footballing world there is a viable option on the table for the rat to sell up.

We have never needed a lot of money to be successful, just great support, a decent manager and team and we were there.

I get a feeling even if we are taken over by local people who aren't billionaires, they will have the club at heart - which is far better than 25 years as one man's pension plan

What did you expect exactly?.

Whoever takes over will have a bit of time to get their act together but if our MPs get us that helped we need (no reason why we can't get emergency loans at worst) then the debts can be paid before a NL deadline which right now is the bottom line alongside getting the rat out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back