• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes so much sense to have a consortium to share the load.
Its not about load sharing (thats not needed, at least I am sure in the financial sense). Surely it's about getting the job done, and how that can be constructed to make clear there really aren't any alternatives. What we don't need is Ron doing a bad deal with people with insufficient funding, for example, just because he dislikes them less.

Any "normal" seller would have identified the realistic buyer by now, and just have got it done. I commend those involved for the lengths they have gone to, and continue to go to, and for not walking away when many surely would have done.

Its not about load sharing (thats not needed, at least I am sure in the financial sense). Surely it's about getting the job done, and how that can be constructed to make clear there really aren't any alternatives. What we don't need is Ron doing a bad deal with people with insufficient funding, for example, just because he dislikes them less.

Any "normal" seller would have identified the realistic buyer by now, and just have got it done. I commend those involved for the lengths they have gone to, and continue to go to, and for not walking away when many surely would have done.
Why I said share the load I meant share the losses, certainly in the short medium term. Rich men can afford to lose a million or two. Who in their right mind is going to commit to losing more. This is not a normal business investment it's a recipe for losing money.

Why I said share the load I meant share the losses, certainly in the short medium term. Rich men can afford to lose a million or two. Who in their right mind is going to commit to losing more. This is not a normal business investment it's a recipe for losing money.
Agreed. Losses of £1.2m a year is a lot for one person. Shared between 5 or more it makes it a little more palatable.

Its quite possible that the bulk of the funding will come from one side but with additional investors providing other significant benefits as well as a level of investment....we need to wait and see. Tenterhooks!!

Kimura have passed the baton but are still in the relay team, so to speak.

The good thing is that during their leg, they undertook extensive DD, so their team-mates will know what they're up against. This is not a standing start, but the obvious outlier is Martin and how he responds to a public counter to his "offer"...

Oh yeah! We nearly forgot about him… 🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back