• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess and I stress again I'm NITK would be Laurie leading the charge for Simon and Kris, Carl (returning from the deal wilderness), TL (although I don't think he has an SS postcode), Mr Rossi (sees an ice cream stall in each stand) and Salvo the 🤡 (as it's written into the articles of the club that we have to have a 🤡 running it)

I’m sure this has been covered in great detail elsewhere, but am I right in thinking that if this deal with the 5 guys goes through, the plan is no longer to move to Fossetts once it’s built & pay rent to the devil, but instead remain at RH which would be redeveloped in some way, while Ron happily forgets all about stadiums and just builds more flats and houses on the Fossetts site? Is that the gist of it, as far as we know?
We no longer use the F word on here…

A consortium of local businessmen...
Great that its local interest , great if it gets Ron out of the way

I just hope that , should this be the one that goes through and the club comes out the other side that after the euphoria of Martin going and the club surviving , dies down . The reality of a club living within its means with limited , albeit locally funded, budget and the reductions this will bring regarding playing staff etc is enough for the medium/long term and the fanbase don't get "all prem fan" on the club because they are not now storming back up the leagues.

My guess and I stress again I'm NITK would be Laurie leading the charge for Simon and Kris, Carl (returning from the deal wilderness), TL (although I don't think he has an SS postcode), Mr Rossi (sees an ice cream stall in each stand) and Salvo the 🤡 (as it's written into the articles of the club that we have to have a 🤡 running it)
I’d throw penny picking Steve in to the mix as well, he’s been doing it for years so must be minted!

A consortium of local businessmen...
Great that its local interest , great if it gets Ron out of the way

I just hope that , should this be the one that goes through and the club comes out the other side that after the euphoria of Martin going and the club surviving , dies down . The reality of a club living within its means with limited , albeit locally funded, budget and the reductions this will bring regarding playing staff etc is enough for the medium/long term and the fanbase don't get "all prem fan" on the club because they are not now storming back up the leagues.
This would be my one worry given the earlier euphoria and fanfare of a group like Kimura/Steve Nash coming in with pots of money, if indeed this group is not especially wealthy as some of the supposed ITKs who have been on here have indicated.

That said, given how close we have come (and still are) to the brink, most sensible fans will just be glad to have a NL club to support.

Guys would you take getting relegated if it meant this year we rebuild with new owners?
Absolutely no way. How many times over the years have phrases like "I think we need to go down, have a clear out and rebuild!" come up... we've gone down. Always struggled.

No guarantees we'd come back up.

The club cannot afford to drop out of the league! As long as we finish 1 spot out the relegation zone and a rebuild! But with the structure we already have 4 or 5 signings and we could be ready to have a run!
I like this idea. Scrape relegation and go take 5 steps forward with a title charge the next I like it.

Totally agree. The core squad is still ok, on paper you can still write down a reasonably competitive starting 11 (depending on what we actually end up being left with). a few decent additions now, and strengthen throughout a top half finish isn’t out of the question

The club cannot afford to drop out of the league! As long as we finish 1 spot out the relegation zone and a rebuild! But with the structure we already have 4 or 5 signings and we could be ready to have a run!

Absolutely this. Any new owner can come in to a football Dept as good as any in this league and the division above. They are clearly a tight unit that know how they want to play football. They are hardworking and you can guarantee they still have an active whiteboard with desired additions to the squad. All they need is the support of the new owners and I still believe anything is possible this year.
Isn’t this exactly what SVC said during the managerial recruitment process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back