• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would hope they put the emphasis on being ready to go now - essentially putting the pressure back on Ron, and demonstrating (if it wasn't already bloody obvious) any further delay and suffering is down to one person...

This, remember they are apparently only making a statement of how they want to buy and run the club. After that of course it will down to gettting it all over the line in time and dealing with you know who.
Yep, it's not super imminent. But Ron has gone public with his sale terms, so why can't they go public with the structure of their offer/intentions?

Hopefully doing so gives a focal point for everyone to get behind. Getting a swell of fan support ("take the offer or our club dies") for it would really put the squeeze on.

Ive been up for over 3 hours now as I cannot sleep, like a child waiting for his presents on Christmas Day. I should know better at my age especially where news on Southend United is concerned. But this is what happens when SUFC means so much to you.

I protested for the first time in my life last Saturday and I hope in some small way it helped put pressure on to get a sale. If not, I feel better for doing it anyway and it was great to speak to many fellow Shrimpers fighting to get Martin out completely. I would do it all again.

The news we’ve been hearing over the last few hours feels different and current soundings appear to be very promising. I’ll be listening intently to Talksport at midday and FWIW my mum died a week before Pigott Day and it’s my dads birthday today. Someone is looking after us.

Let’s all listen to what is being offered at midday and if it is a decent offer, which seems to be the consensus from those with an ear to the ground, then let’s give the buyers 200% of our support.

Where have I said that?
Can i ask a question or 2?

This is a group that are going to say they wish to buy the club and how they will run it as I understand things. So at this time no heads of terms agreed (but will assume they go for what was in the statement on Monday), no DD has started and no exclusivity has been granted (I doubt RM will give that any way), the group may or may not include Kimura (but in all truth is that important as long as the club is sold. Does that about sum it up?

I dont want to get any hopes up as we have had a few false dawns along the way in the sale process so just asking.

The main concern here is paying the football debt before the NL season starts, can that be done in time, would any potential buyer pay that without completing the purchase knowing they are dealing with RM.

Can i ask a question or 2?

This is a group that are going to say they wish to buy the club and how they will run it as I understand things. So at this time no heads of terms agreed (but will assume they go for what was in the statement on Monday), no DD has started and no exclusivity has been granted (I doubt RM will give that any way), the group may or may not include Kimura (but in all truth is that important as long as the club is sold. Does that about sum it up?

I dont want to get any hopes up as we have had a few false dawns along the way in the sale process so just asking.

The main concern here is paying the football debt before the NL season starts, can that be done in time, would any potential buyer pay that without completing the purchase knowing they are dealing with RM.

DD, at this point, is not relevant or required.

HOT, are very easy to be agreed and can be done in a matter of hours.

EXCLUSIVITY, is not needed IMO.

FACTS ARE, you can want to buy something as much as you want. If the person selling it doesn’t want to, then so be it!

Is the consortium buying and the selling on to say, Kimura. There seems to be a breakdown in relationship between RM and Kimura and so this would appear to be a way for ownership to transfer to someone who actually wants it

DD, at this point, is not relevant or required.

HOT, are very easy to be agreed and can be done in a matter of hours.

EXCLUSIVITY, is not needed IMO.

FACTS ARE, you can want to buy something as much as you want. If the person selling it doesn’t want to, then so be it!
I agree with the middle 2

Yes at this stage DD isnt required but if they go forward ot would be so you wouldnt invest before that is done which is important re the footballing debt clearance.

The last part is where we have been with any or all bids and thats why I cannot get my hopes up, especially as time is ticking away sadly.

Appreciate your reply and your updates on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back