• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't, but the point is more about the reserves councils sit on while claiming to be skint and that includes when cutting services.. Like having a rainy day fund but it's never used even when the roofs leaking..
Putting that aside perhaps the council could also add pressure on RM working with the MPs that will costs them nothing !
That is very true they could.

Can we get a summary for the non Twitter people please? Would be nice to hear some positivity!
A meeting took place today between 5 (I think) local business people, all based in SS postcodes, interested in using their substantial experience and skills in saving the club. One person leading the discussions has been involved in the purchase of 4 of the top 6 premiership clubs.

A statement from the consortium is imminent (probably tomorrow) and we were also advised to tune into Talksport at midday tomorrow.

It sounds like there’s some confidence that if the deal is accepted quickly by Ron (big “if”!) then we will be OK to start the season with the embargo lifted, debts settled, staff paid and new players.

Fossetts is off the table for now.

Local MPs, especially Anna Firth, have been very helpful.

I think that’s about it.

Can we get a summary for the non Twitter people please? Would be nice to hear some positivity!
Didn't hear all of it but Lord Football came on quite upbeat about developments today and though he didn't say much specifically on there, I saw on his Facebook page a post that read: -

"A statement, probably tomorrow, from interested party."

Because things I'm hearing resonates with some of what has been said by them
Unless I have missed something all they kept saying was that Ron was playing Kimura along as someone else was lined up.
These 5 new guys, from what I read in to tonight, have come together in the last few days - FB and Septic Peg wouldn’t have had prior knowledge of this group.

The chap who has been involved with 4 of the 6 premiership takeovers is Laurie Pinto.

Pretty sure, Kimura hired him to work on there behalf with Negotiations with Ron?

Has to be Kimura? I'm just guessing have no inside knowledge. But, do when it comes to kits!
maybe Kimura connections but not under the Kimura name?
Along with a.n.other(s)

Would make sense given its 5 guys with local connections to SS post codes - and that the deal has changed and maybes Kimuras funding isn’t appropriate for this kind of deal - but SJ and KT along with Pinto are regrouping with some additional support to make the deal happen….

Let’s see!

Not forgetting the biggest hurdle being Ron’s ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back