• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially it was 10,022.

Two teams averaged less than us that season.

Luton 8,580 and Col Ewe 5,466.

The more important part of that season, is that several games could have had bigger gates if roots hall could accommodate more home and away fans.

Several games where sell outs

Millwall and Luton are in the play offs of the championship and neither attract massive support.

Clearly some people dont know what they are talking about. Under no circumstances is Ron going to come out and talk about the sale and without backing him that is exactly the way it should be. It has been 5 weeks give the process a chance it wont happen overnight and as some very well informed ITKs have pointed out things are moving along in the background.

The more important part of that season, is that several games could have had bigger gates if roots hall could accommodate more home and away fans.

Several games where sell outs

Millwall and Luton are in the play offs of the championship and neither attract massive support.
I sure that was the season when we played Norwich and drew 3:3 at Home on a week night The Hall was packed out and I spoke to a Norwich fan on the train and he said they sold all 2400 and would of sold a lot more Southend sent more tickets.

Clearly some people dont know what they are talking about. Under no circumstances is Ron going to come out and talk about the sale and without backing him that is exactly the way it should be. It has been 5 weeks give the process a chance it wont happen overnight and as some very well informed ITKs have pointed out things are moving along in the background.
It’s quite amusing that , someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about comes out with a first sentence like this

Those of you expecting a quick sale are really gearing up for a huge disappointment 😥

Unless Ron has completely decided to sell quickly for a reasonable price, he could well and truly still be the owner this time next year.

I'd love to be wrong and see Ron do the right thing and sell before the summer transfer window. Heck!, If he did that, I'd even let him say goodbye on the pitch before the first game.

But has Ron done the right thing in the last 15 years? Not very often.

Best we stay patient and remain optimistic that we will have a bright future but it might not be for a little while

Those of you expecting a quick sale are really gearing up for a huge disappointment 😥

Unless Ron has completely decided to sell quickly for a reasonable price, he could well and truly still be the owner this time next year.

I'd love to be wrong and see Ron do the right thing and sell before the summer transfer window. Heck!, If he did that, I'd even let him say goodbye on the pitch before the first game.

Best we stay patient and remain optimistic that we will have a bright future but it might not be for a little while
It's sell the club or have it in administration by the autumn. I'm not sure he has much choice but to sell as swiftly as the process will allow.

It won't take a year. 5 months tops

Reynolds and Mc Elvenney have been superb for Wrexham, keeping the Community, supporters and club right at the forefront of everything undertaken, unlike our mob
Well worth the £9+ for one month to binge out on the ?20 episodes !
Sadly this Wrexham adventure will come with more Americans deciding they want to live in wales. Hope they learn the language

And back to the topic. What was it again. Oh yes the purchase of a football club and possible ancillaries takes a bit of time and is complicated and the fans will not receive a running commentary. And Ron's a **** and the new owner will be a **** in approximately 2 years time.

This is a Southend United football forum Kat. I deleted my post to you as reflecting on it afterwards .. it was way off topic .. and I’ll leave it there. We’re here to talk football and this thread is about Ron Martin..

Some of us get our off topic posts deleted by Mods. As always in life one rule for some and another for others. Going off radar again.

Apologies if I have missed it in the previous 81 pages but has anyone got any inside info on this or are we still speculating? I’m truly hopeful that a purchase will be for the right reasons (develop a football club) rather than for some side hustle (develop a housing estate). If not then I can only fear we will be in a similar position a few years down the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back