• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - would there need to be and DD? Can’t contract exchanged state any other debt in top of what Ron has declared is personably liable to him
No, Ron has stated, anything over the £2.5M debt levels confirmed, can be deducted from the value of the future purchase of the training ground and RH.

No, Ron has stated, anything over the £2.5M debt levels confirmed, can be deducted from the value of the future purchase of the training ground and RH.
Sorry are you saying he wants the debts repaid, but is happy to throw in RH / training ground for free if they’re under the debts?

First I’ve heard of that if so, but I don’t know anything on Ron’s side other than what he’s publicly stated.

Ron responds to an email I send. I certainly am I not in direct conversation with him. I am just the one happy to email him any questions people have.

Regarding KIMURA, they are motivated to do a deal, if the goal posts don’t move time and time again.

True but this time I think he has massively shifted the ball back into their court.

Imho it's a very good deal for a piece of land that is worth more than double what he is selling for.

Really hope that they can now finally become new owners.

Sorry are you saying he wants the debts repaid, but is happy to throw in RH / training ground for free if they’re under the debts?

First I’ve heard of that if so, but I don’t know anything on Ron’s side other than what he’s publicly stated.
I think he means if anything over the stated debts come to light he will reduce the asking price 4.5m of RH or whatever they stress for the baron fields with no irrigation, gym, canteen or changing rooms

Quick question - would there need to be and DD? Can’t contract exchanged state any other debt in top of what Ron has declared is personably liable to him

Would Ron do that? No I would very much doubt it. And it’s back to the indemnity argument, is insurance an option, who pays, how much, is it economic?

You could find a buyer who would buy without significant DD or indemnity. I doubt that too. But if you want it bad enough and have the funds…and if you buy as a limited company then worst that can happen is the company goes bust rather than the individual being liable? Not really a basis to do business though…

Who knows.

Would Ron do that? No I would very much doubt it. And it’s back to the indemnity argument, is insurance an option, who pays, how much, is it economic?

You could find a buyer who would buy without significant DD or indemnity. I doubt that too. But if you want it bad enough and have the funds…and if you buy as a limited company then worst that can happen is the company goes bust rather than the individual being liable? Not really a basis to do business though…

Who knows.
Thanks

None of these things sound speedy, like 1 week speedy

I think he means if anything over the stated debts come to light he will reduce the asking price 4.5m of RH or whatever they stress for the baron fields with no irrigation, gym, canteen or changing rooms
Ah that makes more sense, I thought it was to do with Ron wanting debts to him repaid.

If so (and contractually obliged) then that makes the deal even sweeter.

If that was contractual then it would make it easier for a second bidder who hasn’t completed full DD. Even if you still took indemnity insurances it would still be much cheaper? And it caps Ron’s exposure.
Certainly he is making it easier for other potential bidders to progress … but the deadline remains a couple of weeks or so hence and that’s by now the biggest barrier to others joining the party?

No. I can't because I'm not privy to that information, but given the state of the accounts, it looks like it's pretty accurate.

Can you show me that we're not?

Either way, you're missing the main point, which is that the club is losing money year on year and needs to be funded until any new development is competed. You can argue over the actual amount it you want, but that's missing the point.
This. We need owners who see us as a long term project by fronting plenty of cash in the initial years, until we get to League One, or Championship, where the owners will start to see the club be somewhere near breaking even, and who knows, if we get to Championship we might even return a profit with the right people at the helm! We have an enormous catchment area compared to other clubs who are resident League One/Championship level, so the higher up we get, the more bums on seats (£££).

If that was contractual then it would make it easier for a second bidder who hasn’t completed full DD. Even if you still took indemnity insurances it would still be much cheaper?
Certainly he is making it easier for other potential bidders to progress … but the deadline remains a couple of weeks or so hence and that’s by now the biggest barrier to others joining the party?
I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing, we as fans want a deal closed ASAP and there’s at least one party who are interested in doing so.

Even if a mysterious unknown bidder was potentially better I’d take a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

Last edited:
Do you think they hvent been ? Are you off your mind Ron has changed the eel about 10 times completly impossible to deal with , even after yesterdays press conference a full circular on what Kimura have bid for and all this with literally days until we go out of existence for ever … if you think Kimura aren’t trying to close this then you’ve been in the sun to long jon
I think that @CRATE could be some relation of Martins. 😉 😉 😁 😁

He seems to know everything going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back