• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that we need a buyer with some cash reserves to stop the initial hand to mouth and then the commercial acumen to drive productivity. That will include backing the current football department who don't seem to waste money like previous managers, invest more to save money (look how backward our turnstile system is compared to even some of our away games), generate new revenues (utilise our car park better on match days and during the week for events, food outlets), attract a new stream of advertising from people who want to be associated with SUFC and not Ron, exploit any interest in TV etc.

Not going to be easy but add the goodwill of a newly energised fanbase.....

Last edited:
There is zero mention of the £26m debt. So you’re paying £4.5m to also inherit that?

Also what is the £4.5m for? If it’s just Roots Hall in its current state you’re in dreamland but if it includes the land, the site & freehold you’re laughing.

This still needs a lot more clarity.

Interestingly no mention of FF either.
Ron has previously said he will write that debt off.

No mention of FF because that is not part of it anymore - Ron is panic selling - no-one wants FF

They are not fictional. There were other parties and there still are
Well we may, or may not, ever find out I guess.
My belief is you have Kimura, then the second “person” as Ron calls them is a potential “investor” rather than buyer. Maybe they are a buyer or they have now become a potential buyer based on the new “proposal”?

And this new proposal may bring forward a previous “interested party” who didn’t get close to actually bidding.

Maybe it’s terminology- I think there is one current party interested in buying the club who had got as far as putting a bid on the table? Does anyone think there is a second bid on the table?

There’s not a great deal of time for a different reality to appear (any other bidder would probably need to have that bid on the table this week, and probably forego extensive DD- or does anyone think another party has completed such DD?).

As I say just my reading of it. I guess everyone can be right whilst other bidders are nameless. And forever right if Kimura gets it over the line…

'May you live in interesting times' - Chinese proverb comes to mind

Could this rollercoaster finally be coming to an end? I really hope so... we've done enough living in interesting times to fill an entire lifetime here at SUFC.
We all want to jump off this rollercoaster ride let’s hope for all of us & the club this is the week

Just a name out of the Blue here, but I haven't seen Phil Miller mentioned anywhere.
After all, he owns half the sea front, a radio station, so why not a football club.

There is zero mention of the £26m debt. So you’re paying £4.5m to also inherit that?
He has said time and time again that he will write this debt off, including most recently to protestors on Saturday. His clarity there hasn’t ever wavered.
Also what is the £4.5m for? If it’s just Roots Hall in its current state you’re in dreamland but if it includes the land, the site & freehold you’re laughing.
@CRATE has stated that Ron has confirmed via email that it includes everything up to the boundary line.

Interestingly no mention of FF either.

Interestingly no mention of FF ei
The debt would be wipped out As for FF its a piece of land with sweet F A on it .Noplaning given by the council .Only on a 22 seter no one wants .So why does everyone keep harping on about a empty piece of land .The most important thing is the club is brought and saved from going out of bussness .I thought thats what all the fans wanted .Make your minds up SAVE SOUTHEND UNITED or let it die .

Sorry, I don’t buy this.

Can you - or anyone - tell me why we’re losing £1.2m a year? Why haven’t we cut our cloth accordingly?

Where is that money going? Legal fees? Architectural drawings? Hiring and firing the wrong managers time and time again? Fines? Helicopters?

Without Ron at the helm, there’s no reason why this club can’t run on an even keel, or even turn a profit… just like any other club.

This line, that we lose vast amounts of money every year, is something that Ron has brainwashed us into believing. It’s his business methods & practices that have led us to that point. It’s him. Not the club itself. We’re not some freak of footballing nature, where despite what we do, we’re forever doomed to lose money year after year.

We’ve all asked the question, how can small clubs like Accrington and Morecambe, with tiny attendances, be run so better than us? It’s not rocket science, they’ve learned to live within their means and utilise what they’ve got. We, on the other hand, have pressed pause on the general day-to-day running of the business and put all of our eggs into the FF basket, hoping for the best. Where we’ve stagnated and run out of funds, clubs like Accrington and Morecambe have shown us how it’s done, whilst embarrassing our owner in the process. Now we’re not only out of the EFL, but are now close to being out of the NL too.

And we’ve all heard that Roots Hall doesn’t make money. But why? Simple answer is because it was completely shelved over a decade ago. Ron made his mind up that he wasn’t going to spend a penny utilising the old girl. Why would he want to trim his profit margins? So the money we could have earned in the last decade, is in the wind now.

Several people in this thread alone have given some brilliant examples of just how we could utilise RH in its current state, to make more money. This isn’t innovative, design and technology, it’s simply catering to your fanbase, which is something Ron stopped giving a **** about, years ago. Just ask the East stand toilets.

On top of that, we could learn to budget properly. Maybe not paying off multiple management teams (and doing financial gymnastics to bring them in, in the first place) would be a start.

Running the business properly so we’re not racking up fines and and legal fees would be handy too. I’m sure every club will encounter this, but 18(?) trips to the High Court says we’re in a League of our own when it comes to that expenditure.

Don’t mean to rant, it’s nothing personal, but this notion that we’re a club who loses bucket loads of cash every year is frankly garbage.

Take Ron out of the equation, replace him with someone that has a shred of business acumen, and tell me we’d still be in this position.
No. I can't because I'm not privy to that information, but given the state of the accounts, it looks like it's pretty accurate.

Can you show me that we're not?

Either way, you're missing the main point, which is that the club is losing money year on year and needs to be funded until any new development is competed. You can argue over the actual amount it you want, but that's missing the point.

Well we may, or may not, ever find out I guess.
My belief is you have Kimura, then the second “person” as Ron calls them is a potential “investor” rather than buyer. Maybe they are a buyer or they have now become a potential buyer based on the new “proposal”?

And this new proposal may bring forward a previous “interested party” who didn’t get close to actually bidding.

Maybe it’s terminology- I think there is one current party interested in buying the club who had got as far as putting a bid on the table? Does anyone think there is a second bid on the table?

There’s not a great deal of time for a different reality to appear (any other bidder would probably need to have that bid on the table this week, and probably forego extensive DD- or does anyone think another party has completed such DD?).

As I say just my reading of it. I guess everyone can be right whilst other bidders are nameless. And forever right if Kimura gets it over the line…

The beauty of the NDA - you can guess all you like 😊

Out of interest, of the 1.2M we lose annually how much of that forms the 30M Ron will be writing off?

Is it actual losses or intercompany losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back