• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, of the 1.2M we lose annually how much of that forms the 30M Ron will be writing off?

Is it actual losses or intercompany losses?
I don’t know for sure but my understanding is that every time he puts money into the club to cover operating losses he adds it as debt, which is a no brainer really, it gives him optionality to write it off down the line and includes the bonus of being able to shout about it like a saviour.

Absolutely. The months he had to pile money in was because he’s always been spending this seasons income on last years debts. It must be possible to run an NL team with our support on a sustainable basis.

That’s been the case since the mid-90s under Jobson. Back then it was spending it on interest payments. With hindsight had we gone down the administration route then it could have all been very different.

Agreed. We have become “experts” in property, NDAs, documentary making law, takeovers, hedge funds and so on. All because we really want to chat about whether Bart or Darryl was better

Alas as nobody wants to pay us to debate Bart v Darryl we have to work for a living and deal with things like property, takeovers and NDAs.

I don’t know for sure but my understanding is that every time he borrows against the land and puts money into the club to cover operating losses caused by himself he adds it as debt, which is a no brainer really, it gives him optionality to write it off down the line and includes the bonus of being able to shout about it like a saviour.
Corrected that for you.

Just a name out of the Blue here, but I haven't seen Phil Miller mentioned anywhere.
After all, he owns half the sea front, a radio station, so why not a football club.

Interesting choice. If you read what's been going on at adventure island in the last month or so then the Blue Bells will be replaced by the Blue Balls

So Ron has come out and laid his cards on the table.

It's very un Ron like and shows how desperate he is to offload the club.

@CRATE do you think a deal will now be agreed in time?

I'm guessing you are in direct conversation with Ron and Kimura which puts you in a unique position to give an honest answer.

We know that the guys from Kimura are on SZ. If you are reading this please engage with Ron and get the deal done. No hiding place anymore for Ron. The sale is on the table and the club is hanging by the thinnest of threads. We are running out of time. @CRATE seems to be on the frontline at the moment. Hoping for some positive updates today

Also urge anyone who has the time to listen in tonight for the twitter space that Jack and Connor will be running tonight. Was a very good listen last night especially listening to the Wrexham fan that called in and spoke so well about their plight and also to encourage our fan base
Do you think they hvent been ? Are you off your mind Ron has changed the eel about 10 times completly impossible to deal with , even after yesterdays press conference a full circular on what Kimura have bid for and all this with literally days until we go out of existence for ever … if you think Kimura aren’t trying to close this then you’ve been in the sun to long jon

I was certain someone said Nash wasn’t interested as he wanted roots hall. I’m sure if he was ever in the conversation he wanted FF too though…

Owning Roots Hall could be a way of securing a FF deal in the future (FF being too complicated to resolve now).

Buy the club and RH now and then see whether a revised FF plan would be better than remaining at RH. Owning RH would mean you wouldn’t be tied to RM.

I'll believe it when I see it mate
To be fair he has written off sums in the past, including around the time of the Henrik Larsson courtship.

So Ron has come out and laid his cards on the table.

It's very un Ron like and shows how desperate he is to offload the club.

@CRATE do you think a deal will now be agreed in time?

I'm guessing you are in direct conversation with Ron and Kimura which puts you in a unique position to give an honest answer.
Ron responds to an email I send. I certainly am I not in direct conversation with him. I am just the one happy to email him any questions people have.

Regarding KIMURA, they are motivated to do a deal, if the goal posts don’t move time and time again.

Do you think they hvent been ? Are you off your mind Ron has changed the eel about 10 times completly impossible to deal with , even after yesterdays press conference a full circular on what Kimura have bid for and all this with literally days until we go out of existence for ever … if you think Kimura aren’t trying to close this then you’ve been in the sun to long jon
it was warm in the sun outside Rons house Saturday. Point noted, must wear sun hat

Out of interest, of the 1.2M we lose annually how much of that forms the 30M Ron will be writing off?

Is it actual losses or intercompany losses?

Almost certainly intercompany losses, Robbie Cowling appears to do a similar thing at Colchester, we appear to be around £32 million in debt, but I don't think that is a genuine loss.

Well we may, or may not, ever find out I guess.
My belief is you have Kimura, then the second “person” as Ron calls them is a potential “investor” rather than buyer. Maybe they are a buyer or they have now become a potential buyer based on the new “proposal”?

And this new proposal may bring forward a previous “interested party” who didn’t get close to actually bidding.

Maybe it’s terminology- I think there is one current party interested in buying the club who had got as far as putting a bid on the table? Does anyone think there is a second bid on the table?

There’s not a great deal of time for a different reality to appear (any other bidder would probably need to have that bid on the table this week, and probably forego extensive DD- or does anyone think another party has completed such DD?).

As I say just my reading of it. I guess everyone can be right whilst other bidders are nameless. And forever right if Kimura gets it over the line…
Quick question - would there need to be and DD? Can’t contract exchanged state any other debt in top of what Ron has declared is personably liable to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back