• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after reading what I have this morning, all I can see is the club going under.

There seems no certainty is there are bidders or not. If there are, are these bidders only coming in to pick over the carcass of Southend United?

People have mentioned that the Roots Hall site is worth a lot of money. Now if an investment company took over they wouldn't give a toss about the footballing side. There only in it to make money. As people have mentioned earlier about the covenant, if there is no football club the why the need for the stadium? Maybe a smaller stadium could be built in the area.

I think if there's no movement on the takeover this week we'll be expelled from the NL. As it has been eluded to earlier, where would we wind up? As all the leagues have been confirmed. A year in the wilderness would not help.

A phoenix club could be the best option.

The longer this goes on the more I worry.

Take your mind off of things for a few minutes and join the fabulous World Cup prediction league.

Macclesfield were expelled a few seasons back by the NL , very much at the last minute prior to the first round of league matches. As you mentioned there was no league that they would have been able to drop into and a Phoenix club was created in order to enter at a step or two lower just twelve months later.

Is there still more than one party trying to buy the club @ForeverBlue ?

Strikes me Ron is the one who will decide which offer he favours and that decision will be based on what he considers best for him. That may coincide with what’s best for the club but that can’t be taken for granted.

Is there still more than one party trying to buy the club @ForeverBlue ?

Strikes me Ron is the one who will decide which offer he favours and that decision will be based on what he considers best for him. That may coincide with what’s best for the club but that can’t be taken for granted.
That is always a concern, but now this will be played out more in public rather than behind NDA’s I’d hope that gives him less wiggle room.

If Kimura have spent £300k on DD, and given that RM has blown apart an NDA - assuming that he doesn’t sell to them as Crate, I presume they can take him to the cleaners (not that cleaner)

FFS in what way has Ron breached a NDA?

He hasn’t named any interested parties, he hasn’t revealed anyone’s bid, he hasn’t divulged any bidder’s confidential information.

Who knows. Think let’s focus on the club for now. Sounds like a great discussion for the ex-shrimpers forum

Just think it’s rather embarrassing for the area for his family to be the biggest landlords.

Correct. Which means parties can do similar.
No, that’s not the way NDAs technically work, either party can seek compensation from the other if they can prove a breach of NDA and that it’s demonstrably had a negative impact

The childish he did so I can doesn’t really apply in the commercial world. It’s more around proportionally and materially.

Unless it’s commercially beneficial to break silence now (to encourage protests or lobbying) then it would be unlikely that a competent bidder would formally share information now

No, that’s not the way NDAs technically work, either party can seek compensation from the other if they can prove a breach of NDA and that it’s demonstrably had a negative impact

The childish he did so I can doesn’t really apply in the commercial world. It’s more around proportionally and materially.

Unless it’s commercially beneficial to break silence now (to encourage protests or lobbying) then it would be unlikely that a competent bidder would formally share information now

NDA only applies to information not in the public domain. Now Ron has brought much of the information into the public domain, any buyer could talk about that aspect, whilst keeping within their NDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back