• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you concur with Ron when he stated it takes 4 weeks plus for those documents to be approved? If so, that takes us past the NL deadline.

I believe the FA website states a maximum of 4 weeks, but generally takes 2. You would also hope that in this circumstance that it would be expedited.

For everyone who asked RM has responded to the email regarding Roots Hall. The valuation of £4.5M includes all of the surrounding land up to the boundary lines.

This makes it a very attractive proposal.
Many thanks for the clarification. Hopefully, we will see a sale shortly.

Can you ask him if it comes with a big fat juicy overage? To help him still make ££ in the future if another party choose to develop on it
Do you know for which entity the overage would apply? If it's SEL then definitely would be filling his grubby pockets in the future. If it's Southend United Football Club then perhaps he has to let that go with the club sale?

So time is running out if anyone is really interested The time to act is now and SAVE OUR CLUB
And that quite literally the point that so many seems to keep missing or should I say ignoring

Talk about rebuilding, about increasing revenue buying season tickets is of course all important stuff once the NL issues are dealt with and they almost certainly can’t be dealt with until either a sale happens or there is a injection of capital. So around in circles we dance again.

From what we are being told sale isn’t even close that means that the fit and proper test needs to have been carried out and whilst there have been some rumours I haven’t seen anything official on this .

Ok I get it distracts from the reality of the situation but as each day ticks by and another false dawn comes and passes I can’t find any solace from the chatter because what some seem to be suggesting is akin to out of the frying pan and all that.

And that quite literally the point that so many seems to keep missing or should I say ignoring

Talk about rebuilding, about increasing revenue buying season tickets is of course all important stuff once the NL issues are dealt with and they almost certainly can’t be dealt with until either a sale happens or there is a injection of capital. So around in circles we dance again.

From what we are being told sale isn’t even close that means that the fit and proper test needs to have been carried out and whilst there have been some rumours I haven’t seen anything official on this .

Ok I get it distracts from the reality of the situation but as each day ticks by and another false dawn comes and passes I can’t find any solace from the chatter because what some seem to be suggesting is akin to out of the frying pan and all that.
It is conceivable that if a deal can be struck that funds could be injected prior to deal being concluded officially in order to satisfy the demands of the National league membership/licence in clearing the football creditors.

It is conceivable that if a deal can be struck that funds could be injected prior to deal being concluded officially in order to satisfy the demands of the National league membership/licence in clearing the football creditors.
Conceivable yes but what sane person or group would inject capital without any certainty that a regulatory authority would sanction their ownership or involvement?

Conceivable yes but what sane person or group would inject capital without any certainty that a regulatory authority would sanction their ownership or involvement?
Well that is the question. I mean they do seem to let any Tom Dick and Harry in these days, so maybe that’s won’t be an issue. Plus they may be able to get quite early on unofficial nod to say all will be ok, and officially approved within the time frame. It’s all theories and opinions at the moment. We have just to have hope that we are able to fight on and come off this life support machine.

My view of this is that it's a good deal if you want to buy a football club. It's a poor deal if you're buying it looking to make a return on your investment.

You're buying a dilapidated stadium that needs a huge amount of remedial work to make it anything like half decent. On top of that, you'll need to fund the club, which is losing about £1.2m a year whilst you look to redevelop (this is assuming FF is out of the picture completely).

Redeveloping will probably take about 5 years (I would guess). I have asked @Sherif H how long (based on Portsmouth) so I can revise this when he has time to respond. So, you'll have to fund the club for another 5 years at £1.2m. On top of that you have the cost of the redevelopment which will cost in the region of £10-£15m. Given that Sherif was suggesting the redevelopment of the main stand be done last, you won't have a revenue generating asset for about 5 years, at which point you'll be in for another £16-21m. Given all that, you'd be better off spending a bit more and having FF ready to 2 years.

You won't be seeing any kind of return before retirement, if at all.

Last edited:
Yeah. But still…do you believe a word he says?
didnt say I would believe him just said he was asked if he would and he said he would see. In the end he made a statement (or the club did) now we have to see if thats the truth or not or if their are any takers

Personally i have no faith or trust in him which is why I have stopped giving the club my money

If Kimura have spent £300k on DD, and given that RM has blown apart an NDA - assuming that he doesn’t sell to them as Crate, I presume they can take him to the cleaners (not that cleaner)
Has he broke the NDA, listing what is for sale and at what price may not constitute that, he did say he would check to see if he was allowed to publish that info, said that in Saturday in the video.

There may be other things that he has said that have breached it I cant remember everything he has said as he says so much and so much just doesn't make sense or hold true

Hypothetically all gets agreed this week and the Kimura boys are pictured by the corner flag, what’s your top 3 on the to do list?
1. Pay/reward loyal staff
2. Pay players/renew contracts
3. Blow dust off of the white board and get some new players in

Or maybe a bulk order of onions ready for August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back