• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just hope that the background checks are thorough on the potential new buyer. What kind of security will the club have? Many have said that they are buying land for nearly half price. What's to stop the new owner knocking the stadium down and building flats anyway? Whatever we think of Ron, he has put 25 years into the club and does have some form of attachment. A new owner doesn't have that and may not think twice about just building on said land. Although desperate at the moment, we have to make sure we are protected before any sale happens.
**** the negative **** off now be positive we haven’t got time for all that 👍🏻

Let's just hope that the background checks are thorough on the potential new buyer. What kind of security will the club have? Many have said that they are buying land for nearly half price. What's to stop the new owner knocking the stadium down and building flats anyway? Whatever we think of Ron, he has put 25 years into the club and does have some form of attachment. A new owner doesn't have that and may not think twice about just building on said land. Although desperate at the moment, we have to make sure we are protected before any sale happens.
RH is a protected asset - you cannot knock it down without providing a replacement.

My old company did that. When I was there we redeveloped The Hive for Barnet and Watford's East Stand, which I believe someone else mentioned earlier on this thread.
Out if interest, how long has Fratton Park taken so far, and how long until it is finished?

OK so the offer for the club at the hall we could be there for 4 years maybe more So there was 3 horses at the gate ready for the off .So where are they now .

For everyone who asked RM has responded to the email regarding Roots Hall. The valuation of £4.5M includes all of the surrounding land up to the boundary lines.

This makes it a very attractive proposal.

Can you ask him if it comes with a big fat juicy overage? To help him still make ££ in the future if another party choose to develop on it

The thing about Wrexham is:

The two owners have fans who don’t even give a **** about football. They will buy any random **** attached to them.

The documentary made at least £4million. Immediate money back for R&R.

The racket they’ve made in the states has gotten them some insane sponsorship deals. Tiktok. United airlines, Stok coffee.

Because of the above, they were able to arrange friendlies with the likes of Man Utd and sell tickets at ridiculous prices ($200+).

Any new owner for us wouldn’t touch anywhere near Wrexham’s rise.

For every Wrexham takeover, there is a few Crawley Town takeovers.
I totally understand that, in no way am I saying we will/would be able to generate the same income as Wrexham, but my point was with Martin gone and Roots Hall owned, we would have significantly better chance at generating more income and therefore reducing the supposed monthly loss currently.

**** the negative **** off now be positive we haven’t got time for all that 👍🏻
Many apologies if a question regarding our future offended you or anyone else. We've just had personified hell for a number of years with our current owner, so I thought a question regarding our security in the future was perfectly valid.

If you think there is absolutely nothing to worry about and all will be fine, then fantastic.

Many apologies if a question regarding our future offended you or anyone else. We've just had personified hell for a number of years with our current owner, so I thought a question regarding our security in the future was perfectly valid.

If you think there is absolutely nothing to worry about and all will be fine, then fantastic.
👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back