• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got be in it to win it, I think is the old saying.
Mate we are big enough city to not need to worry about West Ham a sustained period of success will turn young London supporting fans into shrimpers … whether you all like it or not success breeds fans
Alright mate we think we get your point and there's no need to bombard us with your predictions.

You'll be telling us to buy gold next and the winner at this afternoons Dubai duty free handicap (won't ya bud?). X

What was our average attendance in the Championship? Thought it was over 10,000.
I’m sure it was. Most games were a sell-out, I’m sure the average gate that season was somewhere between 10 - 11k. Obviously bigger away followings but none the less it showed the potential, in a relegation season in an old stadium with poor views. We certainly have the same crowd-potential as the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Reading & so on. In the right circumstances obviously.

Brad Gallinson the millionaire property man who took over Gills bought a majority stake, in the club, but it meant Scally retaining a minority share holding and presumably some influence

I hope Ron remains true to his word and wants FULLY OUT, as I would struggle to be happy knowing that Ron was still lurking somewhere in the background, even if it was as waterboy !!

There is nothing to buy.

You could buy the club for 1p which is about all it is worth. If you go verbatim on what has been annouced a business that has not made a penny for 25 years is for sale. It has a shocking reputation and zero assets. Therefore it is worth zero.

Most purchases are made with an element of bank debt, but there are no company assets to use as security and to charge and raise that debt. An overdraft facility would be rejected becasue there is no security to charge.

The club is worth nothing without it's assest and no sensible bank will provide the finance unless the potential purchaser has other security they can use. Or alternatively is an incredibly wealthy person who has tons, and tons of cash they are willing to throw away.

The sale has to be for everything. The margin will be there for the right purchaser and then gift the stadium back to the club/fans once it is built. The housing profit should be so much that this should be a given!

Any purchase with a lease in place is a recipe for disaster. Look at Charllton, Oldham & Notts County as examples. If you do not own your own stadium you're on a hiding to nothing.

not sure i agree ...

players contracts are assets -

league membership is an asset -

supporters data is an asset -

associated sponsorhip/advertising revenues are an asset -

season ticket sales are an asset -

pay on the day sales are an asset -

brand name is an asset -

parking spaces are an asset

the training round is an asset -

Brad Gallinson the millionaire property man who took over Gills bought a majority stake, in the club, but it meant Scally retaining a minority share holding and presumably some influence

I hope Ron remains true to his word and wants FULLY OUT, as I would struggle to be happy knowing that Ron was still lurking somewhere in the background, even if it was as waterboy !!
True Ron martin hanging around in the background would do the club no good whatsoever when he does go it needs to be for good

also think big help would be if west ham got relegated , every season i pray they are going down, but again they have pulled out of the bag this season. Its astonishing to see how many take train to stratford and would they do that playing rotherham on a tuesday
night we need to compete with that market as well
Don't forget Whamsters only used to average 38k at Upton pk yet have suddenly added another 22k plus overnight at the taxpayer stadium.
The potential in this area is huge if success on the field and a new stadium which can accommodate on the day payers is built.Thats why Ron's capacity cut to get more housing contradicts his original statements on stadium size and now doesn't sound right to me.People who bring up Brentford and Bournemouths capacity forget we used to get those gates in the 70s in the old fourth div when the area was a lot smaller When they are at capacity each week the chance to increase their potential fan base and the income it brings is lost .
I'm hoping any new owner scraps any reduction,but then Rons additional income from extra flat units is his salvation,along with the council's housing targets would probably scupper that.

not sure i agree ...

players contracts are assets -

league membership is an asset -

supporters data is an asset -

associated sponsorhip/advertising revenues are an asset -

season ticket sales are an asset -

pay on the day sales are an asset -

brand name is an asset -

parking spaces are an asset

the training round is an asset -
SuperBlue was talking about assets that can be used to secure a loan, they need to be things that can be taken by the bank as compensation if we fail to pay back the loan (which they then sell on). Nothing you've listed (aside from the training ground and maybe players, but I'm not sure it's legal for us to transfer player ownership to a bank) can be sold so a bank isn't going to view it as an asset.

SuperBlue was talking about assets that can be used to secure a loan, they need to be things that can be taken by the bank as compensation if we fail to pay back the loan (which they then sell on). Nothing you've listed (aside from the training ground and maybe players, but I'm not sure it's legal for us to transfer player ownership to a bank) can be sold so a bank isn't going to view it as an asset.

any proven and robust revenue stream is good ....

It'll be the contracts rather than the players and those, like the club's IP and branding, are probably intangible assets.

Only fixed assets we have really are equipment and inventory.

The club does have assets if we are talking in the financial sense. A players contract is recognised as intangible assets in the accounts so whichever players are here next year will be fixed assets of the club.

The person buying also has to buy the name, the badge, the fans etc...yes the club doesn't have many tangible fixed assets but there are other things that make the club worth something.

If the bank come to take players, can we leave hyde powell mooney and murphy outside the front door for them?

Saw BBC lunch time news earlier. Glowing report about Wrexham and incredible positivety.

What contrast in fortune, They have Ryan ‘Hollywood’ Reynolds…

We’ve got Ron ‘Benfleet’ Martin.

Please make something ‘good’ happen soon.

There is / was a Hollywood in Benfleet

Classy gaff

It must mean something

The assets you need for a loan are things that the bank can sell off even if the business goes bust, things like match day ticket sales are useless to a bank because if the club goes bust there won't be any tickets to sell.

ok - you are obviously an expert with years of commercial experience ..

It is said who would want a club with nothing .Who would buy wrexham when they had nothing .Well Reynolds did .So hopefully someone out there will invest in our club PLEASE
Reynolds and Mc Elvenney have been superb for Wrexham, keeping the Community, supporters and club right at the forefront of everything undertaken, unlike our mob
Well worth the £9+ for one month to binge out on the ?20 episodes !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back