• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone on here suggesting that new owners build properties on RH, borrow money against RH's land or funding a new ground elsewhere using a future development on RH doing anything different to what Ron has done?

Would you trust another property developer?

Personally I would, they couldn't do much of a worse job than Ron who has been far too stubborn in looking for a large pot of gold that he missed all the smaller ones on the way

Sorry but I think far too many are getting a bit carried away here.

Where things are require a benefactor, not an investor, to throw potentially £10 million in to the pot. What would be in it for them ?

The council could potentially give pre planning advice going forward when it comes to RH but I just can’t see how an MP could get the council to commit to anything.

Theres a saying if something seems too good to be true then that’s because it’s just that. There’s another about be wary of Greeks etc

Looking already at the tone of some of the comments that have been made on here in the last hour it’s amazing because I think that some have been sucked well and truly in.

Lets see how this plays out but I for one am far from impressed

Am i right that he can't build on Roots Hall until there is a new stadium. He can't build a new stadium and houses without a club. The club goes under he is
Well if there’s no club then there’s no need for a stadium at roots hall or FF

The current planning permission at RH required phase 1 of the FF stadium to be leased to Southend or another club prior to any demolition of the stadium. Planning permission at Boots and Laces requires new training ground to be leased to Southend before Boots and Laces can be started. No flats at Boots and Laces/FF can be occupied until phase 1 of stadium at FF is complete

That might not be verbatim but is roughly it.

Planning conditions can of course be changed - they'd have had to have been if the new smaller FF stadium was passed as it doesn't contain enough seats in phase 1 to pass the conditions.
I guess it depends if the council are pro Southend United or not. That said, more homes where the stadium would have been would please certain people

We're so done.
First season I remember was 1982, dad took me of course. Hooked, my first love, my home, its all going and I'm just done.
Season tickets galore, over 70 grounds ticked off, amazing people, my son my daughter just as in love with it.
I've shed tears in the last week. More to come I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back