• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the issue will be do Kimura believe that with what they can do to RH along the lines of what Sherif has shared, can they turn the operating loss into a profit through revenue generation or greater efficiency. The truth is I expect they will have a far better chance than Ron did. A lack of capital investment makes efficient hard and their backers might believe they can and invest.

£10m is a very big ask, as that is what it will be for an NL side with a crumbling stadium. but if it gives the probability of selling RH for development and moving to a new stadium.
FF provided councillors insist on a football stadium there, and they could. Then it’s more attractive. You would need to be very sympathetic to the club and have money to burn but it’s doable

Us the fans would support a new owner and a good new owner would get huge loyalty and long term income. We would still need success on the pitch. But that can be done.

However all this has to be done in 2 weeks and if it’s not then we may be done

There are some points being missed here.
1. FF is off the table. RH is for sale at £4.5 million, which includes the car park. Not leasehold, so there are no rental or ground rent payments.
2. The council will lose the 500 or so flats at RH, for which planning permission has been granted.
3. A verbal deal has been agreed between the two MPs and the council to replace those 500 flats with roughly the same number at FF because NO NEW STADIUM will be built there.
4. RH cannot be an attractive purchase proposition unless it is fully redeveloped. This is likely to mean a ground share at some stage, if only because building works are likely to make entry and exit hazardous. I don’t think the redevelopment can be done piecemeal because the pitch faces the wrong way for an increase in capacity to be feasible.

I am not an accountant but I think the terms are extremely fair, attractive even.
And nobody really wanted to have to tramp to FF to watch a football match.
Where are these facts from BW?

Yes, the club would own the asset (Roots Hall) and benefit from any uplift in value by developing it (i.e. by selling it for housing and moving to a new stadium, or even by improving RH itself)

In reality I suspect there will be more houses and no stadium at FF. So they would need to find another site if they wanted a new stadium down the line.
I still don't get why the club would own Roots Hall. Presumably the buyer is buying SEL and Roots Hall ltd. So the buyer will own both assets not the club, as today? Upto the buyer how they then structure the holdings.

Am I looking at this wrong, people have suggested moving the pitch 90 degrees, which in its self would require alot of earth shifting, but the carpark doesn't appear big enough for the width of the pitch and stands running down the side, unless we do a dagenham
Its a tight site for sure! There are people here who know far more about stadium development than me but I think its only really the East that can be afforded any significant rebuild Im sure the other 3 sides can be improved upon if not expanded though

Build properties on available RH space....simple.
You’ll own the stadium you won’t own the land … he will squash the stadium with flats in and around it then try and get planning to i grade or build your stand the man is a mater of deception and deflection he is a **** and we will go there is no coming back from this

Is anyone on here suggesting that new owners build properties on RH, borrow money against RH's land or funding a new ground elsewhere using a future development on RH doing anything different to what Ron has done?

Would you trust another property developer?

Personally I would, they couldn't do much of a worse job than Ron who has been far too stubborn in looking for a large pot of gold that he missed all the smaller ones on the way

You’ll own the stadium you won’t own the land … he will squash the stadium with flats in and around it then try and get planning to i grade or build your stand the man is a mater of deception and deflection he is a **** and we will go there is no coming back from this
We'll own the site

I think the other point too is that buying the ground back doesn't mean the decision is made as to what the club's future has to be. Maybe you develop Roots Hall. Maybe you strike a deal with Ron for the stadium at Fossetts. Maybe there's another site somewhere.

But losing Roots Hall 25 years ago is what ultimately got us here. This club lost control of its destiny that day.
What you say here makes sense. It’s a big ask for a buyer in a very short time scale. But it’s simpler and arguably more attractive then the FF pipe dream. Also if a buyer appears the wave of good will could really, almost literally, pay dividends

You realise how much the ground it sits on is worth right?
A pretty penny I imagine.

In the meantime though a new owner has to:
- Buy and bring Roots Hall up to scratch.
- Bring the training facilities up to scratch
- Fund the clubs operating shortfall every month
- Develop a new site to build a new stadium

I really hate dampening fervor but this is a big ask in my opinion.

I have no inside information. They are the logical conclusions to the stuff that has been released today. If RH is to be sold, along with the club, then the council will lose the flats. They will need a quid pro quo for this. The only place to reposition the flats is where the new stadium is/was to be built. Plus Ron is not really interested in the new stadium, never has been. He wants the new build properties, and so do the council.

This a very relevant post, is he just selling the stadium and keeping the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back