• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pretty penny I imagine.

In the meantime though a new owner has to:
- Buy and bring Roots Hall up to scratch.
- Bring the training facilities up to scratch
- Fund the clubs operating shortfall every month
- Develop a new site to build a new stadium

I really hate dampening fervor but this is a big ask in my opinion.
Nature of the beast.

I have no inside information. They are the logical conclusions to the stuff that has been released today. If RH is to be sold, along with the club, then the council will lose the flats. They will need a quid pro quo for this. The only place to reposition the flats is where the new stadium is/was to be built. Plus Ron is not really interested in the new stadium, never has been. He wants the new build properties, and so do the council.
Spot on and exactly what I was suggesting earlier today. It saves him a fortune.

People are forgetting we have literally no time at all. All well and good finding the positives in this statement but we literally have until the end of next week to be taken over otherwise it’s lights off for our football club
Exactly maybe 10 days tops to do this. A buyer needs to be working on it now and even then it’s a huge ask. But🙏 and hope we must

A pretty penny I imagine.

In the meantime though a new owner has to:
- Buy and bring Roots Hall up to scratch.
- Bring the training facilities up to scratch
- Fund the clubs operating shortfall every month
- Develop a new site to build a new stadium

I really hate dampening fervor but this is a big ask in my opinion.
It is. It was also a big ask hoping that any interested buyer would get into bed with Ron over FF.

Am i right that he can't build on Roots Hall until there is a new stadium. He can't build a new stadium and houses without a club. The club goes under he is screwed

You’ll own the stadium you won’t own the land … he will squash the stadium with flats in and around it then try and get planning to i grade or build your stand the man is a mater of deception and deflection he is a **** and we will go there is no coming back from this
I think you will own the whole site, but it’s not clear I agree

I have no inside information. They are the logical conclusions to the stuff that has been released today. If RH is to be sold, along with the club, then the council will lose the flats. They will need a quid pro quo for this. The only place to reposition the flats is where the new stadium is/was to be built. Plus Ron is not really interested in the new stadium, never has been. He wants the new build properties, and so do the council.
I was more interested how you were clear we were not just buying RH stadium but that we'd have the freehold. I worry when he talks about rent as you wouldn't pay rent if we had the freehold

I still don't get why the club would own Roots Hall. Presumably the buyer is buying SEL and Roots Hall ltd. So the buyer will own both assets not the club, as today? Upto the buyer how they then structure the holdings.

No SEL will be selling the shares it owns in SUFC Ltd and seems that Roots Hall Ltd would be selling the ground back to the club.

Am i right that he can't build on Roots Hall until there is a new stadium. He can't build a new stadium and houses without a club. The club goes under he is screwed

The current planning permission at RH required phase 1 of the FF stadium to be leased to Southend or another club prior to any demolition of the stadium. Planning permission at Boots and Laces requires new training ground to be leased to Southend before Boots and Laces can be started. No flats at Boots and Laces/FF can be occupied until phase 1 of stadium at FF is complete

That might not be verbatim but is roughly it.

Planning conditions can of course be changed - they'd have had to have been if the new smaller FF stadium was passed as it doesn't contain enough seats in phase 1 to pass the conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back