• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest, this opens up doors to all kinds of investors.

4.5M for Roots Hall is pennies. The right developer could get planning to build all around the stadium and the profits funding the club and redevelopment of Roots Hall.
Post the same I did on Twitter:

This is an absolute steal for Roots Hall.In theory you’re left with £1.3 million (after debts paid) if he was selling Roots Hall for how much it would’ve been with inflation. Surely you would do this?

1689616187814.png

Will be very interesting to see who if anyone takes up the offer on those terms. The key being what the new owners plans will be in the medium and long term. Certainly, revenue streams can be increased with modernisation of Roots Hall but the club, like 90% of others will still operate at a loss. We need a new owner who is willing to accept that.

I am thick so need help.
If I were to give Ron £10 million he then has nothing to do with the club.
I own the ground and the Training ground. That might (does) need investment to keep it going for a few years but I have no obligation re Fossetts Farm? Ron can then go off and build whatever he likes on the Fossets farm land. The new Owners can then make their own decision on New Ground or re-develop Roots Hall.......or does Ron still have some hold over Roots hall in terms of Car Park and building flats etc..
Someone please help me :Worthy:
Also does Ron own the land at Fossets Farm and is he bound to build a Stadium there or can he build Houses/Flats instead?

So £4.5m for Roots Hall, hopefully including the surrounding land, carpark, shop etc. Forget the Stadium and bulldoze it down, How much is just that land worth? Given its got planning permission too

I'm not an expert but surely its worth well over £10m. Maybe someone else has a better valuation.

So any buyer could buy Roots Hall for the mentioned sale price, use it rent free and then develop it once Fossetts Farm stadium is built in 2/3 years time. Move into Fossetts and buy it for the £15m Ron mentioned he would charge and the new Southend owners have a great deal, or have the goal posts moved and the new owners would either buy it for the £38m Ron said it would cost to build or lease it.

So £4.5m for Roots Hall, hopefully including the surrounding land, carpark, shop etc. Forget the Stadium and bulldoze it down, How much is just that land worth? Given its got planning permission too

I'm not an expert but surely its worth well over £10m. Maybe someone else has a better valuation.

So any buyer could buy Roots Hall for the mentioned sale price, use it rent free and then develop it once Fossetts Farm stadium is built in 2/3 years time. Move into Fossetts and buy it for the £15m Ron mentioned he would charge and the new Southend owners have a great deal, or have the goal posts moved and the new owners would either buy it for the £38m Ron said it would cost to build or lease it.
If you sold RH later as a development site for £30m then probably you would expect to pay the £38m??

Did that site have planning for 500 residential units? A development value of say £30m? A brownfield city centre site in the south-east?

Our chairman is a complete nightmare and probably has achieved as many people wanting him out as your old one did. And that is some effort. But there is no world where hand on heart this is other than a very attractive price for the RH site.
No, it didn't. It's an asset of community value, actually.

But if RH has planning for residential units, doesn't realising that potential value mean moving SUFC elsewhere? Or am I missing something?

Bear with me, I know very little about this sort of stuff.

I don't recall RM ever saying he paid 4.5 mill for the stadium and the car park. I am hoping he means exactly the same deal now.

The Statement says nothing about Fossets Farm so would think that still belongs to Ron and will not be included in this deal - could be wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back