• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

In view of the speculation surrounding the sale, and future of the club, I agreed when talking with supporters on Saturday to set down the principal terms we could accept.

It may not be the legacy I wished for the club, but the club’s survival is of most importance. The interested parties have shared the view for a simple deal.

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago.
  • We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.
There has been much misinformation and many inaccurate rumours. I hope this statement clears that up.

Got to be something he is hiding

The deal seems reasonable and if the training ground is also purchased, and the 4g pitch installed, that will also bring in extra money.

We just have to see if Kimura are still interested now that FF is no longer on the table.
I don’t think it says that FF is no longer on the table. Buy the club, do a deal on FF after. If we move there, build 500 flats on RH at £50k??? Profit each. So get £25m off the price of a new stadium.

Just listened to Anna Firth's interview and it sounded to me like the Government support she mentioned would be in the event we fold she's lobbied for some money to go towards buying Roots Hall back.

Don't think it's at all likely that the Council will fund repairs to get the safety certificate which seemed to be her other big plan.

What RM has stated in that press release, is different to what he has quoted buyers.

That deal, quoted by RM is attractive and will probably now see more parties open and interested.

Due to the fact it’s all nearly available on a FPP, it also means there’s an opening for all sorts of opportunities.

I note, he has not said he will sell the training ground on a FPP, but sure a deal can be struck here.

Must say, I feel highly positive!

That was the question that occurred to me. You could rebuild RH, as has been discussed at length today. But the costs of building materials are going through the roof at the moment.

I think £7m plus costs of training ground for a dilapidated physical asset and loss making business is at the high end of what I would consider acceptable. For comparison, our owner paid £8.2m and got a L1 club, playing in a 16,500 seater stadium with multiple revenues including a hotel. And an admittedly primitive training ground.
Did that site have planning for 500 residential units? A development value of say £30m? A brownfield city centre site in the south-east?

Our chairman is a complete nightmare and probably has achieved as many people wanting him out as your old one did. And that is some effort. But there is no world where hand on heart this is other than a very attractive price for the RH site.

Write so Ron has payed his cards on the table.

on first reflection :

1) 4.5m seems fair value considering inflation. the BOE inflation calculator would now consider that to be worth £8,302,983.89

So with the HMRC 1m and debt 1.5m a buyer would still be in a good position.

Come on we now need to see the buyers hand

Come on K group we don’t have the time to be dicking about here.

What RM has stated in that press release, is different to what he has quoted buyers.

That deal, quoted by RM is attractive and will probably now see more parties open and interested.

Due to the fact it’s all nearly available on a FPP, it also means there’s an opening for all sorts of opportunities.

I note, he has not said he will sell the training ground on a FPP, but sure a deal can be struck here.

Must say, I feel highly positive!
@CRATE if your positive then I might be too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back