• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal seems reasonable and if the training ground is also purchased, and the 4g pitch installed, that will also bring in extra money.

We just have to see if Kimura are still interested now that FF is no longer on the table.

I think most people who cared about football would do that other than Ron

If you think my bitter jibe at Barry Fry was uncalled for, maybe you don’t recall what he said when he joined us from Barnet, before scuttling off to Birmingham.

Anyway you are correct if you believe my focus should be on RM, because any upset Fry caused pales into insignificance compared to him.

This is how I look at it as well.

If anything there's probably a larger blueprint at FF if he re-jigs the designs for housing only. Not only that, it saves Ron £40m+ by not having to build a stadium. Would the council back it, would they even perhaps help with a re-development fund for RH?

All that taken into account should then give Ron the ability (If he had the clubs best interests at heart) to either gift the RH site, or include in a sale for a very very low price. It's a deal that would be doing him a massive massive favour! It would also allow the new owner to crack on and not have to get involved with Ron in the development of a new stadium. Which I am sure we all agree would be a nightmare and probably end in disaster.

The new owner then has an asset they can re-develop for significantly less than what it would have cost to purchase FF.

Is this the "simpler deal" Anna Firth is referring to?
Looks like it.

Problem with all of this is it’s about £9.5m to buy it all and clear the debts. Who will pay that for a club losing money. RH is a black hole with no off field income potential. Who invest that with no real prospect of a return?
surely, SURELY, any new owners would look ‘outside the box’ and have many money making schemes up their sleeves, especially after some very good ideas were put on here? I can’t be ar$ed to trawl thru this thread to find them but the potential is there for revenue to come in, not just in ticket sales.

I'm very surprised that he has come out with facts and figures and very much to the point.

If the figures quoted are to be believed then it doesn't seem totally outrageous for a deal to be had.

Surely with the price of land etc , roots hall for 4.5 million is a very good price.

For anyone coming in, would instantly see several thousand sign up to season cards which would fund a team re build in the short term.

Looking at those terms I can see it being workable.

My worry is what happens to fossetts?

Is Ron really gonna give up the dream of building flats at the hall and fossetts?
And much of it spread over 3 years!!!!
The council will still want FF. And if the new club owners aren't on board I imagine he will look to replace the FF stadium with housing. Even if he can only build the housing built into the new planning and the rest has to be a park he get the same housing and saves himself building a new stadium.

I think every prospective buyer not living in cloud cuckoo land realised for at least the first 3 years they'd lose between 1.5 and 2 million a year. Maybe less if they were really imaginative and the new team bounce post Ron was even greater than we think.
This looks to me to be a gift horse but as such no prospective buyer is going to take the plunge without looking extensively in its mouth. However if you want to be a hero, want to run a great club with great fans get the cheque book out. You'll have thousands of friends for life and make Stuart very happy which is no bad thing.

I am thick so need help.
If I were to give Ron £10 million he then has nothing to do with the club.
I own the ground and the Training ground. That might (does) need investment to keep it going for a few years but I have no obligation re Fossetts Farm? Ron can then go off and build whatever he likes on the Fossets farm land. The new Owners can then make their own decision on New Ground or re-develop Roots Hall.......or does Ron still have some hold over Roots hall in terms of Car Park and building flats etc..
Someone please help me :Worthy:
I was thinking the same as you… he does call it Roots Hall Stadium! That would need to include all of the land and buildings surrounding it and not just the Stadium…

Last edited:
He hasn’t mentioned anything about Fossetts, though ? Who on earth would want to buy the club (with all that debt) without the potential of the new ground ?
That was the question that occurred to me. You could rebuild RH, as has been discussed at length today. But the costs of building materials are going through the roof at the moment.

I think £7m plus costs of training ground for a dilapidated physical asset and loss making business is at the high end of what I would consider acceptable. For comparison, our owner paid £8.2m and got a L1 club, playing in a 16,500 seater stadium with multiple revenues including a hotel. And an admittedly primitive training ground.

If you think my bitter jibe at Barry Fry was uncalled for, maybe you don’t recall what he said when he joined us from Barnet, before scuttling off to Birmingham.

Anyway you are correct if you believe my focus should be on RM, because any upset Fry caused pales into insignificance compared to him.
Indeed and I’m in agreement with you to a certain extent. For me it was no different to a player signing for a bigger club but his actions at the time hurt so many but nowhere near the actions of Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back