• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So about £6m plus £1 gets the club, Roots Hall and clears all outstanding debts?

Plus whatever the new training ground cost to truly get rid of Ron

It could be slightly different depending on how the deal is formatted.

Immediately:
£1 for the club
£1 mil to HMRC.

Over 3 years:
£4.5 mil for Roots Hall

Over couple of years:
£1.5 mil to cover debt

This is before you consider any of the running costs, which I think we run at £1.2-2 million loss per season? (probably more with the lack of season tickets sold...). These figures are all without needing to purchasing half a new squad, bringing the stadium up to standard in the space of 2 weeks.

But then if AF gets the levelling up fund to buy the stadium and it only requires the club to pay for maintenance/servicing of the stadium, £2.5million for the club doesn't sound too bad at all.

If we were dealing with someone with a shred of decency and an accurate moral compass, I'd say there's a clear line of sight for an interested party to reach an agreement based on the statement released. The problem is they wouldn't be dealing with a person with either of those character traits.

The terms are not unreasonable on first impresison, but the pivotal word here is that he could accept those them, rather than would. Therefore, forgive my pessimism.

I can't see this being a viable/attractive proposition for anyone willing to buy the club.

Any new owner would have to make an initial investment of approx £8m (Roots Hall, trading ground and debt). This is before they look to modernise RH (which is likely to cost at least £5m) and then the investment required in bringing in new players.

There will be no immediate return on the investment (no retail space, hotel etc). In addition the club is likely to continue to lose £100k per month.

In view of the speculation surrounding the sale, and future of the club, I agreed when talking with supporters on Saturday to set down the principal terms we could accept.

It may not be the legacy I wished for the club, but the club’s survival is of most importance. The interested parties have shared the view for a simple deal.

• The parent company will sell its entire shareholding in SUFC (70.6%) for £1.
  • Roots Hall stadium £4.5m. This was the purchase price paid 25 years ago.
  • We could agree to spread the purchase price of Roots Hall over 3 years with no rent payable in between.
  • I am happy to sell the new training ground at cost.
  • The money to fund the Club’s debt is not required on day one. The Club assesses the cash required in the short term, including settling HMRC (releasing the embargo), to be about £1m. The balance of debts (around £1.5m) can be spread over a period of time, as we have with many of our creditors.
There has been much misinformation and many inaccurate rumours. I hope this statement clears that up.

I told you guys there would be a statement. I said the day hasn’t ended yet and said 5/6. As I’m on a roll with predictions. I’m predicting someone will table an offer within the next 2-3 days and it will be accepted which included the club and roots hall and the training ground. We will then know the owners on Friday. Not asking for much am I?

;et put this into perpective .When Wrexhamwas brought for 1 pound plus and debt the club owed For the first two years the new owners lost 2 millon pouns .So as we all know any buyer Wont turn in propet .But being wise .Who ever buys the club will have a brillant fan base . Lets hope someone out there can see the potental .

As a whole that’s not a bad price . But if it was that simple we’d of been taken over by now. Ron is chatting **** as usual .

Who is paying 4.5 mil for a run down ground? It requires approx 400k just to pass for NL this season. Purchase price and value price isn't the same. Delusional.
That's our death certificate signed for!

It's a run down ground with planning permission for hundreds of flats. That'll be the worry - is the buyer committed to the club or the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back