• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the covenant say a football stadium - doesn’t specifically say for use by SUFC

Maybe the council new stadium hat the snake may try and this will ensure the city has a stadium for a football team not necessarily SUFC

Covenant says RH can’t be dismantled until the club is rehomed.

My question is : what if there is no longer a club

Reactions: fbm

This is what Ron is planning for, this is all a charade, he will play the ill sell card, make it impossible for anyone to buy it, put his hands up and say he tried.

The club folds with Roots Hall in his name to make tens of millions from and FF, which was always his trojan horse, will be flogged for peanuts. Guys been playing us for fools for years

This is what Ron is planning for, this is all a charade, he will play the ill sell card, make it impossible for anyone to buy it, put his hands up and say he tried.

The club folds with Roots Hall in his name to make tens of millions from and FF, which was always his trojan horse, will be flogged for peanuts. Guys been playing us for fools for years

What I foresee too

You don’t have a mob of security outside your house 24/7 if you’re about to do the right thing and sell up. In my opinion

As other people have said above we need Kimura to actually come out and say something rather than leaking bits and pieces to people.

If they are after the whole project as mentioned recently then there is no reason for the deal not to be already completed. The extra £1.5M would be nothing compared to the total outlay and it wouldn't matter what stadium was part of the deal as they could just change the plans to suit themselves.
Whole project is club, stadium, training not residential/ wider development…

This has to all stop. Just someone from the NL strip him from all of his assets and ownership. I don’t want this club to go under. This club means a lot to so many people like me. This statement tomorrow needs to be from the heart! Can’t just let a club go under, think about other people Ron this time and please just sell up! Over the last what week I’ve been depressed I really have. It’s so sad to see. I want this football club back where it belongs and that’s the EFL.

I’m sorry I’ve tried digging around the documents in the council web site.

Would anyone be able to find the exact wording for the covenant please

If that's the case why has it taken him 25 years?

I think at this point it would be helpful to stop fixating on what we think of Ron, and whether he tells the truth, is a nice person etc. and theories about how actually he wants the club go bust and build only houses and any number of other conspiracy theories or not, and refocus on the fact that this needs sorting next week.

The situation we have right now is one party has explained in reasonable detail what they believe the options are. We can say “oh I don’t believe anything he says” (understandably), but right at this moment he has come out and made those statements and the buyer has said nothing. They now need to- and of course they can counter anything they believe isn’t true.

So we should have moved on to a point where we get enlightening statements from both parties tomorrow. I’m sure those with contacts on both sides will be strongly urging the same.

The time for d**k waving contests has long since gone, as it has for game playing where each party alleges the other isn’t clear about what they want…

If this is his plan and it happens, he would have to move well away from this area for his and his families safety...

Sick and tired of all this happening. This needs sorting asap. Tomorrow just lock the two in the room (Ron and Kris)! Finalise a deal and then make the statement based on that!

I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s along the lines of “a ground for Southend United FC unless they find another football ground.” The Trust should have a copy of the document including the codicil.

I can’t remember the exact wording but it’s along the lines of “a ground for Southend United FC unless they find another football ground.” The Trust should have a copy of the document including the codicil.
Its here but it needs enlarging which does not seem easy to do. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back