• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this new partner that’s being spoke about whom is also interested in the houses so presumably the 16k stadium.
In order for planning permission for this can’t we as fans object to this giving the reason that it’s not in the clubs best interest? It’s being done for greed of an individual(s)
Could the trust get involved in heading this up

I doubt an objection on the grounds of best interests of the club would be a planning matter - additionally it's the club making the application so it might be considered odd.

But you could object on the grounds of

Traffic increase from increased number of flats - this would be 24 7 365 rather than just 20 times a year compared to the larger stadium.

Poor design - could argue the asthetics are poor, especially relative to previous stadiums design.

Overdevelopment - increased number of flats represents overdevelopment of area.

There's probably more reasons - feel free to add them

Stadium certificate is in hand and should be completed any moment.

We have a bigger concern that the pitch at Roots Hall is currently a complete sand pit.

We trained on the grass today, which would tell me we have physio support, unsure where it is from though.

We can sign players, upto a maximum of 16 squad players on a NON CONTRACTUAL basis.

Unless sold, we will start the season under the ownership of RM, with a very small squad of 10 players we want and a few we don't. With very small crowds as people won't want to support RM or put money in his pocket.

BASED on what I have seen first hand in the past 24 hours.

Our new kit (home and away)... well done @GIBBO is excellent.

We have a team of people working in the club who want to work there off the pitch and will do everything in their power to make it a positive future.

People within the club, are supporting it more than we could ever know publicly in terms of deferral of wages and supporting the club.

We have an excellent footballing department, who have missed out on Justham and Dallas to name a couple, plus a handful more. But continue to have another long list of names. Some of the players we would of signed had we been able to and had the finances, we would of been heavily fancied up the top.

RIGHT NOW we focus on new ownership, paying the clubs staff and a mid table finish under new owners with the ability to plan for an excellent summer next year. Sadly to say.
If not sold this seems to assume NL rolling over on their license conditions? Quite an assumption at this point?

I wonder who put a letter in to the judge at the Rolls building - that seems to have helped with the adjournment ?? I assume not RM .. does that indicate anything ..

I would never take mid table ..

Anyway thanks for the insights .. brill
Obviously no one would take mid table considering how big of a club we are, BUT if this meant getting new owners in, sorting the squad out, paying everyone that needs to be paid, clearing the debt ect I WOULD TAKE MID TABLE. This would mean we can then have a really good and proper pre season next summer and sign a ton of decent, quality players which would then hopefully make us play off/title contenders… WE HOPE

We have a bigger concern that the pitch at Roots Hall is currently a complete sand pit.

We trained on the grass today, which would tell me we have physio support, unsure where it is from though.

We can sign players, upto a maximum of 16 squad players on a NON CONTRACTUAL basis.

Unless sold, we will start the season under the ownership of RM, with a very small squad of 10 players we want and a few we don't. With very small crowds as people won't want to support RM or put money in his pocket.

We have a team of people working in the club who want to work there off the pitch and will do everything in their power to make it a positive future.

People within the club, are supporting it more than we could ever know publicly in terms of deferral of wages and supporting the club.

We have an excellent footballing department, who have missed out on Justham and Dallas to name a couple, plus a handful more. But continue to have another long list of names. Some of the players we would of signed had we been able to and had the finances, we would of been heavily fancied up the top.

RIGHT NOW we focus on new ownership, paying the clubs staff and a mid table finish under new owners with the ability to plan for an excellent summer next year. Sadly to say.
Glad u like sir. 👍 glad the final product is good! I haven't seen it. Don't want to untill the release.

It's the designer who done it. I gave him ideas and he done the rest.

he looked at all our past. Past kits and colours, histroy the lot.

A lot of blood and sweat went into this about 4 months, bouncing ideas of each other. some cracking designs. The chosen one was my 2nd fav. The one, I loved was a little different! but Awesome. Once they are out. I will share the other colour templates of the chosen kit.

If the deal was done this week, a couple of new signings showing off the new kits in a new era for the club.

Oh well..... we can dream !

Obviously no one would take mid table considering how big of a club we are, BUT if this meant getting new owners in, sorting the squad out, paying everyone that needs to be paid, clearing the debt ect I WOULD TAKE MID TABLE. This would mean we can then have a really good and proper pre season next summer and sign a ton of decent, quality players which would then hopefully make us play off/title contenders… WE HOPE
Frankly we were mid table last season and played good football. At the moment I'd take that.

Players leaving utilities not paid pitch not up to standard. MRtin knows all this but still he ignores it. The next hammer NL either give us 10 point deduction or out completely. I have to ask if he knows all of this what is he looking for. I dont understand what he gets out of us going under unless its RH.

Has Ron said that? I wasn't in court but don't recall posters saying that. He said he needs more time because fit and proper tests can take 4 weeks - but did he name Kimura as part of that?
He said in court that the buyers need to complete the fit and proper persons test, he didn’t name Kimura in court
@Shrimpergarry is correct, Kimura weren’t mentioned once in court.
I think he also separately indicated as he left court to @CRATE that he still hoped to sell to Kimura. My take is that the latter is bull**** and he actually hopes to sell/partner with another party who will allow him to stay on and they are yet to complete the F&P test.
@CRATE directly asked about whether Ron would be happy to sell to Kimura, of course he said yes, there’s zero reason for him to say no. His answer is effectively worthless.

Powelly testing the pitch out for the new season.
a-toddler-carrying-her-bucket-and-spade-walking-on-a-beach-K0NF2M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back