• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the buyer gets 70% of the club, but 100% of the debt. Doesnā€™t mention the FF stadium or training ground?

So, why does RM want to retain circa 30% and what happens when RH is redeveloped and who will pay for the new stadium, training ground etc? Leaves a lot of questions, about as transparent as one of the filthy West stand gents windows
He only own 70.6%. The rest of the shares are owned by other people. He can't sell what he doesn't own.

Is there some sort of argument to suggest that, as in other clubs with appalling owners, the Trust temporarily take control of the club, with a view to just stabilizing short term, so the club gets to start the season - then with some strategic management plan to both raise funds for day to day running and the ongoing investment. With a bit of stability, the club would be in a better position to attract larger external investment, and i am guessing that the council will bend over backwards to help with the small matter of needing somewhere to play longer term. With the right partnership between a well run club, without the millstone of DIRECT narcissistic control, and a solid plan in place, the council will be able to help .

Working for a local authority in London, i can confirm that councils love football clubs because they are such a huge community asset, and I am sure that there will be a way to wiggle away from the cancer of RM. Longer term a solution that does not rely on Roots Hall or FF is needed. He has basically stolen the clubs assets, from under our noses, which the council will not look kindly on, so they can make his life extremely difficult!

With all that in mind, the club could survive. Whether it is in the NL, or starting a rebuild from lower levels, it can be done. It is whether people want to rescue "our" club, or a new club is really down to how much energy and vision people have to look at alternative solutions. Once there is a workable vision, selling the idea will raise profile and some money to make it happen.

Last edited:
I honestly, think! The ONLY way we get a deal done, and get one done quickly (by KIMURA) is they publicly come out, they state the offer on the table, they state what theyā€™re not happy with, and they state what needs to be done to get said deal done.

At the end of the day, the NDA has been breached left right and centre now. And if RM is ā€œmotivatedā€ to sell, he will sell no matter if an NDA is breached or not. It will allow everyone to see RM true intentions.

Simon Jackson who has been posting on Instagram is an employee of KIMURA, I know people on here are in direct conversations with KIMURA C Suite and an announcement was expected last Friday, from one of the two offers on the table.

1. Buy the club with out the assets for X and take the debt
2. Buy the club and every asset it owned for X

I know there has been a lot of claims that RM has lowered the stadium from 21K to 16K for personal greed. Itā€™s actually due to building costs.

When the stadium was designed and planned it was done so on the basis a stadium seat costs between Ā£3,000 and Ā£4,000 and the total cost of a stadium is X.

Since then, materials and cost of labour have shot up. Lowering the number of seats allow the book sot balance. If RM sells the club with all its assets (including FF) he is still committed to building FF stadium within that and having to sell the stadium at a massively discounted rate.

As without the stadium, he canā€™t develop the houses as there is no community interest.

I would say the time is today, for KIMURA to go.

Yes or No we want to buy it or we don't

Here is deal 1, here is deal 2 on the table

Weā€™re ready to go on this time frame, we just need this

And then watch the pressure rise on RM from all corners, not just the ones who want to protest day in day out.

He only own 70.6%. The rest of the shares are owned by other people. He can't sell what he doesn't own.
Thanks, 3rd time Iā€™ve been told of my faux-par (I read it as him selling 70% of his shareholding, dā€™oh!)

So, when heā€™s gone, heā€™s goneā€¦

I honestly, think! The ONLY way we get a deal done, and get one done quickly (by KIMURA) is they publicly come out, they state the offer on the table, they state what theyā€™re not happy with, and they state what needs to be done to get said deal done.

At the end of the day, the NDA has been breached left right and centre now. And if RM is ā€œmotivatedā€ to sell, he will sell no matter if an NDA is breached or not. It will allow everyone to see RM true intentions.

Simon Jackson who has been posting on Instagram is an employee of KIMURA, I know people on here are in direct conversations with KIMURA C Suite and an announcement was expected last Friday, from one of the two offers on the table.

I know there has been a lot of claims that RM has lowered the stadium from 21K to 16K for personal greed. Itā€™s actually due to building costs.

When the stadium was designed and planned it was done so on the basis a stadium seat costs between Ā£3,000 and Ā£4,000 and the total cost of a stadium is X.

Since then, materials and cost of labour have shot up. Lowering the number of seats allow the book sot balance. If RM sells the club with all its assets (including FF) he is still committed to building FF stadium within that and having to sell the stadium at a massively discounted rate.

As without the stadium, he canā€™t develop the houses as there is no community interest.

And then watch the pressure rise on RM from all corners, not just the ones who want to protest day in day out.
I think they have already done all that with RM and it wasn't acceptable in his eyes, but as we have seen one side is still blaming the other for nothing progressing....Who would you believe?

I'm all for this. It's time RM was faced with truth and facts and stopped from calling the shots on this bloody embarrassing debacle.

Is there some sort of argument to suggest that, as in other clubs with appalling owners, the Trust temporarily take control of the club, with a view to just stabilizing short term, so the club gets to start the season - then with some strategic management plan to both raise funds for day to day running and the ongoing investment. With a bit of stability, the club would be in a better position to attract larger external investment, and i am guessing that the council will bend over backwards to help with the small matter of needing somewhere to play longer term. With the right partnership between a well run club, without the millstone of DIRECT narcissistic control, and a solid plan in place, the council will be able to help .

Working for a local authority in London, i can confirm that councils love football clubs because they are such a huge community asset, and I am sure that there will be a way to wiggle away from the cancer of RM. Longer term a solution that does not rely on Roots Hall or FF is needed. He has basically stolen the clubs assets, from under our noses, which the council will not look kindly on, so they can make his life extremely difficult!

With all that in mind, the club could survive. Whether it is in the NL, or starting a rebuild from lower levels, it can be done. It is whether people want to rescue "our" club, or a new club is really down to how much energy and vision people have to look at alternative solutions. Once there is a workable vision, selling the idea will raise profile and some money to make it happen.

It will probably be denied on here but I think you'll find B&L was council owned and they sold it to Ron

I think they have already done all that with RM and it wasn't acceptable in his eyes, but as we have seen one side is still blaming the other for nothing progressing....Who would you believe?
This is why it needs to be done publiclyā€¦ at that point the pressure will become overwhelming.

FACTS are RM is selling the club because of what it is doing to his family. Simple as that, or he would not be doing it.

So KIMURA want to buy, RM wants to sell to them, KIMURA come out publicly with intentions, blues fans support and add pressure to RM and away we go!

It will probably be denied on here but I think you'll find B&L was council owned and they sold it to Ron
I believe that you are right. I also believe that if it were now, council's are generally more socially conscious and less inclined to sell off assets, with long term leases being offered instead.

But, importantly, Roots Hall belonged to the club, and if my history is correct, our fans in the day bought the land and built Roots Hall for the benefit of the club. What has happened in the last 25 years has been nothing short of scandalous!

While the ND has or seems to have been breached a thousand times, this does only seem to come from one side of the NDA, from Kimuraā€™s side of things it owuld be bad business for them to do anything that could be considered a breach as it could harm them in future business transactions. So I do not and wouldnt expect them to say anything in this matter that cannot be said outside of the agreed NDA

As disappointing as that is I just do not see them doing that for business reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back