• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's them clowns then I definitely won't touch the club for as long as they have any controlling stake.

What happened to anyone but Ron?

Pg ****e services/con Martin mates..... looks pretty obvious who.

I don’t think for one moment they are Martin’s mates.

They rose to prominence because of their outbursts against him.

You’re conceding there might be a plan B after all then? Knowing Ron there’s always been a plan B .. should plan A not be to his liking.
I think we knew about the existence of another consortium that was somewhere in the background as one of the three original interested parties…what I am continuing to doubt is that they are far enough advanced to make it a realistic plan B (especially as we have very very little time even with an adjournment). See previous comments re DD processes etc.

You must be joking.

You'd seriously rather SUFC die than Ron Martin have some involvement?
You really think we have a future with him involved? More years of mismanagement of finances, talking down to fans, not paying staff and players, relegations, a stadium falling to pieces.... the circus has to end. Its not enjoyable for anyone!

A club with Martins involvement is nothing more than a disaster.

If we are going to criticise Ron - and my God, there's enough to go on there - let's at least keep it to the stuff he has done wrong. Sainsbury's cocked up and decided not to build their European Flagship branch at Roots Hall. That's their fault, our good fortune and I don't think Ron can be accused of swindling it out of them.
That's why I said good fortune. He won a jackpot with Sainsburys.

I said before that I don’t know exactly who it is, but they are definitely pals with Jack Martin. And therefore I don’t have any trust in them to deliver anything that will be vaguely satisfactory.
Doesn’t sound promising by association to Ron or his son. Did Jack really grow up / go to school in the area or was he shipped off to boarding school? (Seems something Ron would do). Know lads from Benfleet that age but don’t know anyone that knows him. So I assume these people would likely be from outside the immediate area

So technically not lying ..... just a hidden truth. If RM has any involvement we are heading for nothing but an eventual ending. I'd rather the judge shut us down tomorrow than more years of him in any background. Enough is enough.
What a load of rubbish sorry mate to be honest you rather the club dies? Our club with 100 plus years of history finished cause one man no matter how much of a **** he is I will all ways go to games and support the club if we have one you only get one club.

I thought PG Site Services were introduced to the club by Tom Lawrence and are not mates of Ron Martin.
We should all be a bit wiser tomorrow but if some of tonight's rumours are true then tomorrow looks like another depressing episode in the life (hopefully) of SUFC.
So is Tom involved then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back