• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned not quite all over- 5 days to appeal and get rescinded by paying creditors
(Maybe a week or two grace but no extensions)

Just for completeness
Jesus Christ, we could be wound up but come back from the dead within 5 days by paying everyone?

How very Ron Martin would that be!

Hopefully sensible and very very well funded, and not needing to do a DD process as we are timed out. Unless they have secretly done a DD process without a single club source finding out and tipping off one of the ITKs.

Of course this option would be better than more Ron or out of business. But it’s hard to evaluate a buyer when no-one knows who they are, and therefore how real they are and what their plans would be. And in the circumstances you can understand whilst it difficult to rely on them as a plan B
You are right - this option is better than more Ron or out of business . It is good that there is a Plan B to fall back on . It will not be long now before more information is released but up to now the best interests of the club are served by keeping strictly to the NDA which is in force .

The protests will continue then. If Ron is linked to this club in any way following a takeover, they'll be an even bigger revolt.
Probably a silly thought but could the 'friends' with funds be PG Site Services? They did appear to suddenly be supporting Ron when the protesters last visited him and considering their previous posts on Twitter the new posts seemed strange.

I said before that I don’t know exactly who it is, but they are definitely pals with Jack Martin. And therefore I don’t have any trust in them to deliver anything that will be vaguely satisfactory.
In your opinion and taking Jack out of the equation (being his son)! Do you feel he would still be massively influential?
Don't think I'll like the answer much rather them gone!

Not as much as he likes to pretend. We've been sustained through a combination of debt and good fortune (lets not forget the Sainsburys cash he managed to swindle out of them).

You're right, he is looking to maximise his return but he minimises it if we go bust tomorrow. I don't know if he is the reason the sale hasn't happened yet or the other group are but I would have thought he'd have been working night and day the last two months to get a deal done.
If we are going to criticise Ron - and my God, there's enough to go on there - let's at least keep it to the stuff he has done wrong. Sainsbury's cocked up and decided not to build their European Flagship branch at Roots Hall. That's their fault, our good fortune and I don't think Ron can be accused of swindling it out of them.

Probably a silly thought but could the 'friends' with funds be PG Site Services? They did appear to suddenly be supporting Ron when the protesters last visited him and considering their previous posts on Twitter the new posts seemed strange.
Tbh, I'd love to be able to say possible but the constant speculation amongst the silence is hurting my brain to much. Feeling defeated and can't see anything other than a WUP tomorrow.

Right can i get this right PG site services has been payed back what is owed The contracted players recived there june mony Now it seems the water bill owed has been settled .If martin is potless Where did all this money suddenly come from ?????

Right can i get this right PG site services has been payed back what is owed The contracted players recived there june mony Now it seems the water bill owed has been settled .If martin is potless Where did all this money suddenly come from ?????
If they have then all of the parties to the WUP must have also been paid. Ron couldn't create a preference by favouring one party to the WUP over another.

I have been hopeful of a sale these last few weeks on the basis it seemed to be in Ron’s best interest as well. That hope is ebbing away fast as fear now he may feel with no club he will be able to build on Roots Hall anyway but pray that does not happen.

I have been a season ticket holder for over fifty years so a future without our club is a frightening thought for me so will be taking a sleeping tablet to try to get some Kip through the small hours it is going to be a long night.

I have been hopeful of a sale these last few weeks on the basis it seemed to be in Ron’s best interest as well. That hope is ebbing away fast as fear now he may feel with no club he will be able to build on Roots Hall anyway but pray that does not happen.

I have been a season ticket holder for over fifty years so a future without our club is a frightening thought for me so will be taking a sleeping tablet to try to get some Kip through the small hours it is going to be a long night.
Yes, understand just how you feel.

They may be waiting for the planning permission to (finally) be done and dusted before moving forward officially. That’s a situation which has been alluded to many times on here. Time now appears to be of the essence, so that may have shaken things up a bit.

They (whoever “they” may be) might have stepped in several times in the last few years, and paid for things we know nothing about.
The mystery £1.5m?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back