• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misunderstand me.

Yes, that's what Ron said. He apparently convinced the judge that the monies would be paid by a sale or by him realising family assets (which he may have done; no-one knows. But I doubt it.)

The point is that it is Ron's problem to solve. This is not a hearing about a sale of a company or football club, it's about payment of outstanding monies to 4 different entities.

The judge is simply going to ask if the amount has been paid. If yes, it's dismissed and all is good. The judge doesn't care where the money comes from; that's Ron's problem.

If no, then unless there are extremely good reasons why, then we will we wound up there and then, on the spot, it is timed and we are dead. It will be like having a pet put down at the vet. One minute they are there, then they are not.

The issue will be the reasons why not and Ron may well have (and I hope to God he does) firm evidence from either Kimura or another party that a sale has been agreed or is imminent and any winding up will cause HMRC et al to not receive the monies owed to them. Note - this will not be because someone has shown interest; there will, IMHO, have to be firm evidence that the sale is going through and will complete very soon. Anything else I think is doomed to fail.

It will not be for the judge to force Ron to sell; that is not the judge's job in this hearing. It is simply to decide whether this company is going to be able to pay it's debts or not. It is that straightforward. Nothing else is relevant.
As mentioned not quite all over- 5 days to appeal and get rescinded by paying creditors
(Maybe a week or two grace but no extensions)

Just for completeness

I don't know Ron, but as someone who owned a company or two over the years. His aim now is to maximize his return from a sale. Let's face it the club been a money pit for as long as I can remember which is 50 odd years. Can anyone estimate what he's paid into the club over the last 25 years for context.
Prepare to be buried under an avalanche of replies - that last sentence will stir up some emotion…

It’s possible but the water company turning the water off suggests there isn’t currently any money.
Well if i read CP correctly did i not read that the supply to boot n laces is either reconcted or will be as someone has stumped up the money for the bill . If that is right where did the money come from .And who paid it if Ron did not .

I don't know Ron, but as someone who owned a company or two over the years. His aim now is to maximize his return from a sale. Let's face it the club been a money pit for as long as I can remember which is 50 odd years. Can anyone estimate what he's paid into the club over the last 25 years for context.
Not as much as he likes to pretend. We've been sustained through a combination of debt and good fortune (lets not forget the Sainsburys cash he managed to swindle out of them).

You're right, he is looking to maximise his return but he minimises it if we go bust tomorrow. I don't know if he is the reason the sale hasn't happened yet or the other group are but I would have thought he'd have been working night and day the last two months to get a deal done.

I for one won’t be attending Roots Hall as long as Ron or any of his affiliated entities is anything to do with the club and I imagine many will do the same.
I stopped going years ago, back end of league 1 days. When we got relegated out of the efl that was me completely done. Sad really because I would like to go back to Roots Hall but I won't go back until the rat has gone! If it does end up being 1 of Ron chancer mates taking over I'll probably continue to stay away. You just know it will be the same **** served up each season.

It's impossible to measure that because he's moved so many accounts about, I'm sure most of what he's put in he's borrowed, which is why he owes so many.

54 years of support, numerous friends made, no real expectations just a team to represent my town, now city, and make me proud to support my local team. Taken by my Dad, then instilled my love of SUFC into my late daughter, had the best and worst days watching the team and love the club beyond words. And this narcissistic piece of **** is now seemingly ending it all. I will never, ever forgive him.
I agree totally
45 years of going ..I must admit I detest that totally deluded egotistical little man Ron Martin
My grandfather and father watched southend and me since around 77,78 time..you are a ****ing **** Martin..you have destroyed this club

Something is so wrong with the chain of events recently. Things in my mind just don’t add up to any logical conclusion.
But again I’m not as devious and a black heart 🖤 like Martin.

Hopefully sensible and very very well funded, and not needing to do a DD process as we are timed out. Unless they have secretly done a DD process without a single club source finding out and tipping off one of the ITKs.

Of course this option would be better than more Ron or out of business. But it’s hard to evaluate a buyer when no-one knows who they are, and therefore how real they are and what their plans would be. And in the circumstances you can understand whilst it difficult to rely on them as a plan B

Unless you get some unsuspecting business to pay and carry out DD to see what they find and pass the information on for free 🤷🏻‍♂️

The thing with the Ron’s mate scenario is if that’s the case why haven’t the stepped in at least before the end of June given the damage done since? Doesn’t ring right? Who knows..
They probably needed time to scrabble around getting enough funding to pay off the debts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back