• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was successfully done to save Mill Hall in Rayleigh when the council wanted to demolish and build flats.

Looks like it delays a sale by allowing time for a community led organisation to raise funds to buy the property? Is that right? In which case I can see why the shrimperstrust may have ruled it out in the past - raising funds to buy RH or FF would need a herculean effort. But now, if it raises the profile or makes a future sale trickier, maybe it's worth it just for that

The thing with the Ron’s mate scenario is if that’s the case why haven’t the stepped in at least before the end of June given the damage done since? Doesn’t ring right? Who knows..

They may be waiting for the planning permission to (finally) be done and dusted before moving forward officially. That’s a situation which has been alluded to many times on here. Time now appears to be of the essence, so that may have shaken things up a bit.

They (whoever “they” may be) might have stepped in several times in the last few years, and paid for things we know nothing about.

I agree totally
45 years of going ..I must admit I detest that totally deluded egotistical little man Ron Martin
My grandfather and father watched southend and me since around 77,78 time..you are a ****ing **** Martin..you have destroyed this club
Very similar to myself in every detail!
Not just the football but memories and to think it could be over hurts.

Tbh I'm normally quite positive and always think it'll work out, but something isn't sitting good with me tonight as the minutes tick past. Yes I am angry with that little weasel Martin, and whilst at this stage I don't think protests outside his house will achieve anything, I can understand the anger. Equally though, who the f##k are the directors who have allowed it to get to this bottom of the pit stage. Equally they are guilty of our downfall. What a gutless, weak spineless bunch for sitting back all these years.

I’ve already accepted the club as we know it is most likely finished. It’s felt inevitable for quite some time and the developments of the last few days have done little to suggest otherwise.

Anyone thinking Ron will suddenly start acting in the best interests of the club is sadly mistaken.

I agree, but I feel somewhat emotionless because we've been here too many times before to care.

Every single court date in the past 15 years has felt like Ron / Club going to court and us on the Zone/Twitter waiting to hear whether we have a club or not.

They may be waiting for the planning permission to (finally) be done and dusted before moving forward officially. That’s a situation which has been alluded to many times on here. Time now appears to be of the essence, so that may have shaken things up a bit.

They (whoever “they” may be) might have stepped in several times in the last few years, and paid for things we know nothing about.
I believe this to be exactly right.

Why would Ron have engaged Moxey and co if he was planning on selling to his mate? Why would he string Kimura along the last few days? I don’t get those things.

Still haven’t heard that a deal with Kimura won’t happen from any of the trusted ITKs - so I’m still hoping. I’m a ludicrous optimist at times though…

Why would Ron have engaged Moxey and co if he was planning on selling to his mate? Why would he string Kimura along the last few days? I don’t get those things.

Still haven’t heard that a deal with Kimura won’t happen from any of the trusted ITKs - so I’m still hoping. I’m a ludicrous optimist at times though…
He needed to see what was out there. Maybe if someone with more money than sense (like Wrexham) wanted to buy in. But Kimura and others weren’t interested in paying a ridiculous amount of money which Ron was hoping for. So he’s moved on to Plan B.

He needed to see what was out there. Maybe if someone with more money than sense (like Wrexham) wanted to buy in. But Kimura and others weren’t interested in paying a ridiculous amount of money which Ron was hoping for. So he’s moved on to Plan B.
Are you able to give any hint that might allow people to work out who this may be?

Martin, for what you are doing to our club you are an 'enfoiré' 't'es un enculé' 'connard' 'un trou de cul' ( let the swear filter deal with that! :Smile: ) I think the thing which has really killed me over the past weeks and months has been the building up and then destroying of hope. I don't blame the ITK, they have done their best to provide us with information we have craved for and it looks as though they (and their contacts) may have been strung along and manipulated by this evil man. Of course I want Southend United to continue...........but not at any price. If the idea is to sell to some stooge or acolyte of Martin so that the club staggers on underfinanced and without sufficient incomes, then may be a quick death is preferable. Supporters are not going to be fooled into believing there is any future in our club whilst this odious individual maintains any kind of control and involvement. If he kills or cripples our club, I hope he will feel a discomfort living in the Southend area for the rest of his life and then i hope he will 'pourrir en enfer.'

Last edited:
That’s been my fear throughout this process and would explain why he employed the services of the American agency. Given Kimura’s local connections, it wasn’t entirely clear to me what they were adding to any process involving them. Now it’s becoming clear that they were almost Ron’s lottery ticket - he lost and now we’re onto the booby prize for the club if not Martin and his family who will be set for life once Ronworld comes through. 😡

Looks like it delays a sale by allowing time for a community led organisation to raise funds to buy the property? Is that right? In which case I can see why the shrimperstrust may have ruled it out in the past - raising funds to buy RH or FF would need a herculean effort. But now, if it raises the profile or makes a future sale trickier, maybe it's worth it just for that
Yes, I think that is right, in this case the strength of public support resulted in the council abandoning their plans. Obviously RM would not do that but it is worth a try if even to delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back