• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow is about a winding up order. It has no relevance to a sale or not.
Wasn’t it recorded that HMRC and other creditors would be paid off on(or before) this date by the proceeds of a sale or by him selling a plot of land(Ron’s offering to the court)? Don’t think any land has been sold so a sale is the likely way of raising money!

Is there not an issue here though where the assets are owned by different companies to the one being wound up? We effectively rent it from South Eastern Leisure I thought?
Anything which can be deemed to be of an asset of community value can be protected for a 5 year term. I don't understand why this has not been done before.

The only ACV's in Southend are

• The former SMAC building on Western Esplanade
  • The Slipway on Shoebury Common; and
  • The Railway Hotel
All were listed in July-September last year so are protected until 2027

Anything which can be deemed to be of an asset of community value can be protected for a 5 year term. I don't understand why this has not been done before.

The only ACV's in Southend are

• The former SMAC building on Western Esplanade
  • The Slipway on Shoebury Common; and
  • The Railway Hotel
All were listed in July-September last year so are protected until 2027
Don't disagree with this but lots of us have had a lot on and helpful planning legislation doesn't tend to make front page news.

If the **** hits the fan tomorrow, the Trust must immediately press for Roots Hall AND Fossets Farm to be listed as Assets of Community Value which at least stops the obnoxious toad from selling the land under the noses of the community.
Really good shout. Have shared the post with the group. Seems like something we should do either way to be honest.

Wasn’t it recorded that HMRC and other creditors would be paid off on(or before) this date by the proceeds of a sale or by him selling a plot of land(Ron’s offering to the court)? Don’t think any land has been sold so a sale is the likely way of raising money!
I think you misunderstand me.

Yes, that's what Ron said. He apparently convinced the judge that the monies would be paid by a sale or by him realising family assets (which he may have done; no-one knows. But I doubt it.)

The point is that it is Ron's problem to solve. This is not a hearing about a sale of a company or football club, it's about payment of outstanding monies to 4 different entities.

The judge is simply going to ask if the amount has been paid. If yes, it's dismissed and all is good. The judge doesn't care where the money comes from; that's Ron's problem.

If no, then unless there are extremely good reasons why, then we will we wound up there and then, on the spot, it is timed and we are dead. It will be like having a pet put down at the vet. One minute they are there, then they are not.

The issue will be the reasons why not and Ron may well have (and I hope to God he does) firm evidence from either Kimura or another party that a sale has been agreed or is imminent and any winding up will cause HMRC et al to not receive the monies owed to them. Note - this will not be because someone has shown interest; there will, IMHO, have to be firm evidence that the sale is going through and will complete very soon. Anything else I think is doomed to fail.

It will not be for the judge to force Ron to sell; that is not the judge's job in this hearing. It is simply to decide whether this company is going to be able to pay it's debts or not. It is that straightforward. Nothing else is relevant.

I have just listened to Ron's press conference again. As well as mentioning a sale of the company he also states that the alternative is bringing on board new investment partners. Could it be that he has found said partners which has enabled him to clear the debts.

JP, I suggested this to your dad a couple of months ago. He said it had been looked into but didn't seem like it would do much in this situation. Might be worth another look?
He has just replied with exactly that mate and had been discussed with the council. The situation may be different now though with recent developments (and certainly if things go wrong way) so worth another look in my opinion.

Ron will not sell to Kimura and probably never wanted to. He used them to convince a judge to adjourn the previous case. He will be using someone else tomorrow, and I don't believe it's an estate agent from Colchester.
That won’t happen as the Judge are not that stupid. His flat/apartment plans will goes into the tatters as the council wouldn’t give it a go ahead.

No matter what we think of Ron Martin, I genuinely cannot understand why some people would favour either liquidation or expulsion from the NL simply to effectively teach Ron a lesson...

If the Judge winds us up tomorrow, it will be timed and that will be that. Done. We are no more.

Ron needs to have something concrete to rely on.
It's cutting your nose off to spite your face and it's exactly the sort of behaviour we would expect from Ron himself.

I have just listened to Ron's press conference again. As well as mentioning a sale of the company he also states that the alternative is bringing on board new investment partners. Could it be that he has found said partners which has enabled him to clear the debts.
It’s possible but the water company turning the water off suggests there isn’t currently any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back