• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thinks this is typical RM putting more pressure on Kimura by making that statement last night, he had no reason to go out and see the people as he knew what questions would be asked, I cannot believe he is just leaving it in the judges hands at this stage and would chance the club dying and putting the blame on Kimura.

We will know everything in little over 24 hours. 😱

Is it possible that Kimurai buys the club and RH, and then improve RH and forget about FF.
As far as I’m aware, there is no planning permission to build the stadium.
What ever the capacity is for RH, it’s not going to be full until the club gets a couple of promotions under its belt.

RH would be far to expensive for a business investment.

With PP for 500 houses it is no longer a cheap brownfield site. Residential land rockets in value and a refurb is far more expensive than a new build. Plus less options for further commercial use or upgrade at the RH site......Makes it a non starter.

Plenty of fans love the old girl but its not happening.

Let's not forget that the deal is being handled by lawyers. Many on here have alluded to the relationship being fractious between the two sides, so I doubt they have actually spoken to each other often.

I personally think it was a perfect opportunity for Ron to publicly state to Kimura that he isn't backing down from his demands in the hope they will come back with a counter offer before their own deadline. It was a last chance playing cat and mouse. He knows they set a deadline and he is trying to act resolute and strong in his stance. I don't think they will adhere to it but it's Ron's next move that worries me. If they don't listen and their offer remains the same, will he really take it after his stunt last night? We all know how stubborn and egotistical he is.

I kept echoing my worries of an adjournment on Wednesday and it's looking all the more likely. What a sorry state of affairs.

Last edited:
Let me make this VERY SIMPLE. There’s only two parties ITK. Ron’s side and Kimura’s side. Until there is any kind of announcement ANYTHING ELSE is pure conjecture.

The time to protest in Benfleet, or anywhere else for that matter, is if a deal hasn’t been done and we suffer dire consequences. Not when, as is the most likely, both parties are strenuously trying to compromise on the final sticking points. Any yes that is also conjecture.
This is not correct. As I previously mentioned there is a third party who are ITK and very much in the running, although Ron won’t want fans knowing this.

There may be covenants on RH and a council who no longer have to meet government targets on housing......Whats to stop anyone building on B&L now we have anew training ground. What's to stop Ron selling the land at B&L for a huge earner this week.

Ron might have abetter hand than many on here believe. That will allow him to go to the wire, including risking the club.

This is not correct. As I previously mentioned there is a third party who are ITK and very much in the running, although Ron won’t want fans knowing this.
In the running when tho? When we go bust or before… are they jumping in tomorrow morning clearing all debts and taking the club then?

Last edited:
Part of me thinks this is typical RM putting more pressure on Kimura by making that statement last night, he had no reason to go out and see the people as he knew what questions would be asked, I cannot believe he is just leaving it in the judges hands at this stage and would chance the club dying and putting the blame on Kimura.

I agree. There is always an agenda with him. It was a message to Kimura in my opinion. How many times has he bluffed and lied? You can't take his word on anything. Let's hope something positive occurs today, that's all we can do sadly.

I’m afraid that’s a question you need to ask Ron, he’s the one responsible for holding all of this up and playing two groups off against each other for his own financial gain
But there will be no gain? Going for Adjournment leads to being kicked out the Lge or liquidation!!….

Cricko, maybe RM is not so much putting more pressure on Kimura - by saying there will be no deal before Wednesday - but is using defiant language to convey the impression that any last minute deal reached with Kimura emerged as a result of tough bargaining rather than a quiet recognition that Kimura's deal is less risky than going for an adjournment that risks everything RM has worked for.

In RM's world there only seems to be winners and losers, and even if Kimura's offer falls short of what RM wants he could be projecting himself as 'winning' when he has little better alternative to accepting the reality of the only deal on the table.

Last edited:
I agree. There is always an agenda with him. It was a message to Kimura in my opinion. How many times has he bluffed and lied? You can't take his word on anything. Let's hope something positive occurs today, that's all we can do sadly.
His body language is far too calm compared to previous videos where he has fronted up to fans. He is never going to say to a handful of fans on his drive way what is going on like he didn’t in any email response to people. He hides behind an NDA excuse so isn’t going to give anything away. Surely his family etc have all been pushing for him to accept what is on the table rather than playing roulette and losing it all.

But there will be no gain? Going for Adjournment leads to being kicked out the Lge or liquidation!!….

Very possible, but in gambling terms, it wouldn’t be odds on.

Only question you’ve got to ask yourself is, is Ron a gambler?

His body language is far too calm compared to previous videos where he has fronted up to fans. He is never going to say to a handful of fans on his drive way what is going on like he didn’t in any email response to people. He hides behind an NDA excuse so isn’t going to give anything away. Surely his family etc have all been pushing for him to accept what is on the table rather than playing roulette and losing it all.
Exactly that. He appeared very relaxed in that video. We've seen him under pressure before and insulting fans. This was not a man who's about to lose everything with fans on his property. It's a game, pure and simple, negotiation tactics. History points to everything being done last minute.com so that he protects as much as possible.

Ron has never calmly engaged with fans, to him, we are beneath him. So why now?
He's in a negotiation, he knows they'll be videoing, he's used it to gain an advantage. He never suggested a deal was off, he's just hanging on for the best he can wrangle ... like he's always done.

Last edited:
Very possible, but in gambling terms, it wouldn’t be odds on.

Only question you’ve got to ask yourself is, is Ron a gambler?
Surly when gambling you weigh up what you gain and what you loose and in this case you looses a lot more than he would gain?

But there will be no gain? Adjournment leads tk being kicked out the Lge or liquidation!!….
I fully agree with you. Why is he doing this? I honestly don’t know, nothing Ron does is logical or makes sense. I’m just letting you know what I’ve been told.

Have a listen to the video from last night again. Ron said, “If Kimura or SOMEONE ELSE want to buy the club, they are welcome to it”

Why would he say someone else if a deal with Kimura was almost finalised?

If some fans don’t want to believe me, I’ll respect their opinion, that’s your choice, this is an open forum after all and we aren’t always going to agree and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I fully trust the person who told me this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back