• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where could the funds possibly be for them not be able to get them here by Wednesday?

They’ve provided proof of funds. If it’s in the BVI, they can pay for it to go same day and also from anywhere else in the world to?
Not always that simple if the funds are coming from an investment fund somewhere in the world. I recently transacted on a property and some of the money has to be released from an investment fund in Germany which took 48 hours to process and then it had to be transferred to a UK bank account and over to the solicitor, so you are right money can be moved same day, but I suspect some of the money is in an investment fund or similar and if the deal has only just been completed/agreed or edging to that they may only be able to call on that money once at the contract stage.

fed up with this bull**** I’m so done . Have nothing left for any of this. Even if Ron is lying it’s ****ing disgusting knowing how many people messaged him saying people mental health is down the drain. Surely even Ron wouldn’t lie. He could have easily said ‘ let’s wait and see ‘ instead of saying he definitely won’t be done by Wednesday.

fed up with this bull**** I’m so done . Have nothing left for any of this. Even if Ron is lying it’s ****ing disgusting knowing how many people messaged him saying people mental health is down the drain. Surely even Ron wouldn’t lie. He could have easily said ‘ let’s wait and see ‘ instead of saying he definitely won’t be done by Wednesday.
Hang on in there Jack. We have another day tomorrow. It's a roller coaster for sure, but I can't see us coming this far to collapse.

He probably would see it as not lying. He is saying it won’t get done by Wed (because after all Kimura aren’t agreeing to everything he wants) and it’s all in Kimura’s hands (to agree or not agree). Seeing what the judge says is another threat to Kimura. Maybe judge will give us more time, maybe he won’t - so Kimura best change your stance. Just as likely this as anything else as has been said.

We should be worried of course - but the one thing he did not say was the deal is dead? This can as quickly change tomorrow and all get sorted,

It’s a nightmare. All outcomes remain on the table - common sense says he must get it over the line urgently but every instinct will tell him to give the impression otherwise.

Good night. I’m done.

Ohhhh ummmmmmm go to his house like they have done tonight ?
TBF I hadn’t seen the video at that point. Been at Wimbledon all day and started reading god knows how many pages, made the comment and then saw the video. So apologise for that. As for Ron, he hasn’t told the truth once in the past 10 years so I won’t believe a single word he says now, but well done for at least getting to speak to him. As for tomrow the fact that it’s now out in the open that a protest will take place I would be surprised if him or any of his family will be at home unfortunately

Got to feel for Kev and co here. Players still on strike. If Ron somehow gets an adjournment then embargo remains in place, presumably the players will continue to strike in support of unpaid staff, how the **** is Kev meant to prepare a team for August 5th?. Saturday we are meant to be playing Billericay who have already played three friendlies including drawing within Orient Friday night. I know the season is a long one but our players if we get to the start of the season are going to be so unmatch fit. The takeover has to happen and now otherwise the start to the season is going to be even more sha boric that it appears now.

I honestly don’t understand why the trust can’t get behind a protest when it’s all this close.

out of interest, would you have said similar to the recent court cases we have had where we could have just as likely been folded there and then?

Because a protest after the club has gone is literally pointless.
It’s an interesting question. If we weren’t so sure that negotiations are continuing then the picture changes but at the moment I’d rather Ron’s focus was getting over the line away from distractions.

Hope this isn’t too self indulgent as figure there’s lots of people here going through the same right now, but this is my current mood as posted on my social media today.

“So, facing the very real possibility (maybe even probability) of the THING I love most in this world not existing in less than 48 hours. And yes, that thing is Southend United Football Club so for the non-football/sport minded folk among you I should add some perspective.

The fact it’s a football club isn’t important. For something of similar meaning to others it could be linked to any other sport or activity, that’s just the excuse – it’s what it means that’s more important.

One of my very earliest memories is going to a game at 7 taken by my Uncle and the smell of frying onions, roll up cigarettes and hearing grown ups swear for the first time (really properly swearing too) had me gripped and I was hooked. Family trips with Uncle, cousins, brother and occasionally my Dad (who isn’t a huge football fan but came anyway) followed before I graduated to being old enough to go on my own.

At that point it became about mates, lifelong friendships which survive over 30 years on. On a journey that has seen us navigate falling in and out of love, marriages, divorces, kids and sadly even a few deaths along the way. Travelling up and down the country and even into Europe with a group of people just to watch 22 men kick a ball around for 90 minutes because really the kicking the ball around bit wasn’t the point.

As for our ground (calling it a stadium is pushing it a bit) well it’s MY home as much as anywhere in the planet is. It’s old, decrepit, crumbling but I love it as much as anyone loves a grand cathedral and it is my place of worship. It was built by the fans originally in the 1950s (my bricklaying Grandad among them or so he claimed anyway) and I can honestly say the first place I go to and the last place I say goodbye to when I’m back for a visit.

It's a hub and community focal point for the most vulnerable in society. It is a warm meeting place for the elderly and offers support and inspiration for the young and disadvantaged. In a town that quite frankly has allowed to be run down and largely forgotten and neglected it offers something to cling to and be proud of.

Sadly there hasn’t been that much to cheer and be proud of for a good few years. Quite frankly the team (well the professional men anyway, the grassroots women’s team have had success lately) have been objectively terrible. But still people turn up in their thousands (some sad people even fly from the other side of the world to watch them when they can).

If we survive this and do have success on the pitch again in the future then we’ll line the streets and hail our heroes…but really we will be celebrating us. The fans who stuck by them, the community volunteers who do such great work in the clubs name, the town as a whole.

If it dies then a bit of me dies with it. It’s a huge part of my identity and I know that’s the same for many others. The badge says Southend United Football Club but really it’s my family and I can’t even begin to imagine it not being there.”

Up to page 597.
Can’t sleep,
Frightened.
My team going to football heaven.

I remember the joy
Me n my dad
Stood on the south bank
Memories, from just a young boy.

Following my team
With thousands of others
But now it may end
Please tell me, it’s just a bad dream

Then through the years
From Threadgold to Colin
It could be all over
As I write this through tears.

Sorry just to upset, can’t do any more.
It’s you that done this to me and thousands of others Con Martin. I really really hope you get whats coming to you. Yes you saved us years ago but it was because you knew the land was worth millions.
Now your getting your share of around half a BILLION pound.
But at what cost to thousands of people that like me follow this football club.

Last edited:
Time for everyone to chillax and not turn on each other.

Its going to be a busy 48hrs and the next 1000 posts won't change the outcome in anyway......Remember that when your calling someone out.

Yes we have a few obvious trolls but most on here are stating what they know at the time, which could be 24/48 hrs old. So again allow for that when things will change by the minute let alone the hour.

About month ago I did warn another well known poster not to under estimate Ron. I expected him to take it right to the last second and risk the club. Just because none of you would do that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Lets try and keep the airways free for vital traffic on the radio. Idle chit-chat over what or how Ron said something, is simply playing into his hands.

And NO its absolutely not the time for some sad unfunny wind up. With headlines like "Its All Done" followed by my pile of ironing......If you don't want to be ironed out yourself.

My own view is it may drift on to yet another faze without the fireworks expected. So save your grief and anger and remember we are UNITED.

Going to the wire with Ron Martin, well as if we never saw that one coming. Words from his lawn leaving fans in limbo as to what the hell is even going on, quite his speciality. But one thing he cannot resist is replying to criticism, like a moth to a lightbulb.
Wouldve liked to see the whole video, just to see him squirm.
Up the Blues, we'll get through this, thats my hunch.

Time for everyone to chillax and not turn on each other.

Its going to be a busy 48hrs and the next 1000 posts won't change the outcome in anyway......Remember that when your calling someone out.

Yes we have a few obvious trolls but most on here are stating what they know at the time, which could be 24/48 hrs old. So again allow for that when things will change by the minute let alone the hour.

About month ago I did warn another well known poster not to under estimate Ron. I expected him to take it right to the last second and risk the club. Just because none of you would do that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Lets try and keep the airways free for vital traffic on the radio. Idle chit-chat over what or how Ron said something, is simply playing into his hands.

And NO its absolutely not the time for some sad unfunny wind up. With headlines like "Its All Done" followed by my pile of ironing......If you don't want to be ironed out yourself.

My own view is it may drift on to yet another faze without the fireworks expected. So save your grief and anger and remember we are UNITED.
The echo is saying Ron martin told protesters the club sale will not happen before Wednesday?

This all don’t make sense and doesn’t add up if kimurai bid is only there till Wednesday and that’s there deadline why would they hold up the deal as Ron said. I think it was he’s last chance to have one last dig and put a bit worry in the fan base. He also knows this would have been recorded and get out there just like the emails he sent.

Hope this isn’t too self indulgent as figure there’s lots of people here going through the same right now, but this is my current mood as posted on my social media today.

“So, facing the very real possibility (maybe even probability) of the THING I love most in this world not existing in less than 48 hours. And yes, that thing is Southend United Football Club so for the non-football/sport minded folk among you I should add some perspective.

The fact it’s a football club isn’t important. For something of similar meaning to others it could be linked to any other sport or activity, that’s just the excuse – it’s what it means that’s more important.

One of my very earliest memories is going to a game at 7 taken by my Uncle and the smell of frying onions, roll up cigarettes and hearing grown ups swear for the first time (really properly swearing too) had me gripped and I was hooked. Family trips with Uncle, cousins, brother and occasionally my Dad (who isn’t a huge football fan but came anyway) followed before I graduated to being old enough to go on my own.

At that point it became about mates, lifelong friendships which survive over 30 years on. On a journey that has seen us navigate falling in and out of love, marriages, divorces, kids and sadly even a few deaths along the way. Travelling up and down the country and even into Europe with a group of people just to watch 22 men kick a ball around for 90 minutes because really the kicking the ball around bit wasn’t the point.

As for our ground (calling it a stadium is pushing it a bit) well it’s MY home as much as anywhere in the planet is. It’s old, decrepit, crumbling but I love it as much as anyone loves a grand cathedral and it is my place of worship. It was built by the fans originally in the 1950s (my bricklaying Grandad among them or so he claimed anyway) and I can honestly say the first place I go to and the last place I say goodbye to when I’m back for a visit.

It's a hub and community focal point for the most vulnerable in society. It is a warm meeting place for the elderly and offers support and inspiration for the young and disadvantaged. In a town that quite frankly has allowed to be run down and largely forgotten and neglected it offers something to cling to and be proud of.

Sadly there hasn’t been that much to cheer and be proud of for a good few years. Quite frankly the team (well the professional men anyway, the grassroots women’s team have had success lately) have been objectively terrible. But still people turn up in their thousands (some sad people even fly from the other side of the world to watch them when they can).

If we survive this and do have success on the pitch again in the future then we’ll line the streets and hail our heroes…but really we will be celebrating us. The fans who stuck by them, the community volunteers who do such great work in the clubs name, the town as a whole.

If it dies then a bit of me dies with it. It’s a huge part of my identity and I know that’s the same for many others. The badge says Southend United Football Club but really it’s my family and I can’t even begin to imagine it not being there.”
This must be up for best post ever!!!!!

Is it possible that Kimurai buys the club and RH, and then improve RH and forget about FF.
As far as I’m aware, there is no planning permission to build the stadium.
What ever the capacity is for RH, it’s not going to be full until the club gets a couple of promotions under its belt.

Is it possible that Kimurai buys the club and RH, and then improve RH and forget about FF.
As far as I’m aware, there is no planning permission to build the stadium.
What ever the capacity is for RH, it’s not going to be full until the club gets a couple of promotions under its belt.
Very unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back