• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 2 month old baby girl. I never thought i'd be lucky enough to be able to have children, but to be able to take my child to a Southend game would just be amazing.

It is really starting to hit home that I may not be ever able to take her to watch them.

Absolutely gutting to see the club like this.

**** you Ron you utter ****.
Had a lot of similar thoughts with my 2 year old mate

"It won"t happen before Wednesday, that's for sure."

Means it won't happen on Tuesday. It could happen on Wednesday. It might happen after Wednesday.

So I hope that's clear.

About the only person happy to see that video will be Ron's hairdresser - he or she has got his coiffeur looking just right for a windy summer evening video.

Maybe whoever has been funding the club recently has decided to go all in, repay the debts and buy the club outright.
This is exactly what I heard a few weeks ago. Ron obviously knows they have money, he doesn't, so he's pushing for the best deal for him, like most people would.

Longer RM video is now up on the Martin Out Protest Group. He says “I will not be here come August”… not sure if that’s because we will be sold or won’t exist or he is just moving house.

He also says “Kimura or anyone else want to buy us” which makes me think there is another interested party or RM is doing RM things and putting pressure on Kimurs by implying?

Just to echo @Medway Blue's recent post people. Tensions are high and we are still in the dark on what will happen, but the finish line, whatever it is, won't be long showing itself. So please don't attack each other just because you disagree, if you do it just gives us, the mods, more work deleting posts at a time when it shouldn't be necessary. Many thanks all. Oh, and if you don't read this and then post volatile words you'll deserve to be deleted.

I may be missing something here, but Martin’s comments aren’t exactly conclusive, are they? Neither do they necessarily refute suggestions others have heard that the two parties have reached an agreement. That Martin’s default relationship with the truth is economical at best also leaves a lot of grey area.

Combining both stories from yesterday, it could simply be the case that there’s now agreement on the majority of terms, and that contracts are now being drawn up and finalised ahead of signing. But, given the late stage we’re now at and the fact this is a for all intents and purposes complicated detail with various warranties and indemnities, it’s unlikely to be fully completed and signed by 10:30am tomorrow. Documentation attesting to such might (should?) be enough to appease the NL, the petitioners and the court, but it may not be, so RM would still be correct in saying that all parties would have to see what the court says.

Meanwhile, that we’re all in the final strait would seemingly be enough to keep Kimura at the table. That’s not to rule out a last minute spanner in the works, of course.

Rose tinted perhaps, but I can’t see Martin’s comments as proof things are terminal.

Last edited:
Chill people……we are hanging on. Wednesday won’t be an issue (we are not getting wound and will not get kicked out the league - worst case I’m being told based on the situation is points deduction)

Champagne still on ice for West Stand Blue but it won’t be to long now

the chamagne is getting a little flat So many time it seemes a deal has got close .Only for the idiot martin to pour cold water on it .We all know tommrow is judgment day .We either live or die .I for onle are very concerned now .After so many nyears of following Southend i dont want to end it in court .

Chill people……we are hanging on. Wednesday won’t be an issue (we are not getting wound and will not get kicked out the league - worst case I’m being told based on the situation is points deduction)

Champagne still on ice for West Stand Blue but it won’t be to long now
I love your optimism but suggest you put the Champagne back in the cellar. Suggest you stock up on Ace/Diamond White Cider as this may be more appropriate to drown your sorrows.

There is something we are all missing I think.

For anyone to buy the club, the club has to retain it's value. That's why the players have been paid (to stop them leaving) and the fine for pulling out the cup last season was paid (so we can compete in the cups this coming season)..

If Kimura agree a final deal today and lets say it's all signed up (like exchange of contracts on a house) then the legal commitment is there, no-one can pull out and I am sure that we will be adjourned again long enough to go through and HMRC et al to get their money.

The NL would also be mad to sanction us as that would effectively be them thinking they were more powerful than the Courts. So I'm confident we would get the adjournment and limp on for another 28 days and then the hearing is dismissed.

However, this is the bit I don't get - and I'm happy to be educated on here by anyone who knows - will we not have to stay under the embargo until the new date?

Whilst that leaves us in a dreadful position on the field as we will have to play the first month with a skeleton squad - not ideal but we would have the rest of the season to recover - but the value of the club would drop because players would leave/not join and I wouldn't imagine the buyer would be happy about that.

So the bit we are missing is that there must be something in place to ensure that, come tomorrow, we keep the players that want to sign.

Let's say that someone else can raise enough to buy the club on it's own at the moment. That takes FF out of the equation for the time being which makes the whole thing a lot simpler. £2m-ish will get us out of the immediate hole, Ron won't be involved and we will be run properly. TL is still there and has been silent so far... everyone important is still there despite not having been paid...

It doesn't have the feel of a club about to die to be honest. All the vital organs are in place, ready to come out of the induced coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back