• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
All very true except Kimura had to show proof of funds at the beginning? And have been able to fund £3-400k of DD without even the certainty of a deal? So it seems unlikely to be an issue.
Yes, they’d have needed proof of funds but for the purchase (rather than purchase plus running costs) and it would have been a couple of months ago so there is a possibility things may have changed since (interest rate rises, investors pulling out etc).

So whilst it hopefully is ok, we don’t know that for sure.

I completely understand your post and where you’re coming from, and to be honest with you, I would probably have had the same opinion as yourself, if I was reading what I posted.

Ok, so I’ve been a lifelong fan for 37 years now, a season ticket for many many years. I only joined SZ in November correct, and have never been one to post on here before, but I check and plough through the posts on here daily.

I have been aware of this information for quite some time but have had to sit tight on this for obvious reasons and I’m afraid I can’t share anymore than I have done right now.

However, the reason for posting this now is that I’ve sat back and watched Ron’s lies through the various email replies to fans that have been shared on here and social media and the very few updates we have had from the club and feel I can’t keep quiet any longer with the impeding court date on Wednesday.

I understand some fans will be cautious about my posts, but as I said in my initial post it’s come from someone I trust implicitly. The truth will come out soon enough.

Hope that helps explain the reasons for my earlier post as best as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to respond, much appreciated and think helps lots of people to make their decision on the info.

Totally understand why you have only just posted the info you have been advised.

The club would exist in some form. But if liquidated it wouldn’t be the “same” club which might be an issue. One thing about the WUP is the court can also place the club in administration. Especially if another entity is offering to acquire immediately paying off some of the debt. Maybe having approached HMRC and/or other debtors. Whether good enough for NL who knows and certainly points deduction for administration. A very long shot.
Even if club didn’t exist I would be joining what I believe would be very large numbers of supporters making clear to SCC that building without the club couldn’t go ahead- and we would organise campaigns to unseat any councillors foolish enough to think it can- I will happily join any protest outside council offices to reenforce ..the thought of Ron building anything with the club gone should have hundreds if not thousands out in protest (note I said should)
This was my thought exactly. Kimura's deal off the table by the 12th, RM fails in his bid to squirrel his way out of this one. Kimura then tell the court they will buy the club immediately the court puts it into administration, allowing them to clear the debts and with the full backing on the NL (I expect that they are fully involved one way or another). Yes, it would mean administration and a points deduction, but it also puts Kimura firmly in the driving seat, particularly if what I suspect is something smelly emerging from the DD. Also bear in mind my other post earlier...

These are the two most likely outcomes ahead of Wednesday as I see it. There are others of course, but I don't even think they are on the table.

1. A sale is agreed (Even if that's club only initially) all petition debt (rumoured to be seven figures) is discharged, staff wages are brought up to date meaning NL happy, so Embargo is removed. We're on our way etc.

2. A sale is NOT agreed. An adjournment is granted by the judge on the basis a sale is close, all/part petition debt remains, staff wages are not brought up to date meaning NL unhappy, so Embargo remains. Out of contract players probably leave etc.

The concerning thing for me is, I just can't call it either way. I'd take option 1 over 2 through gritted teeth of course. But I have a horrible feeling option 2 is a very real possibility right now. Which would be a far worse outcome.
Piecing everything together, I still feel these two options I mentioned yesterday, are the only options on the table.

Flip a coin as to which is more likely...

I'm bracing for bad news.

I hope against all hope that I'm wrong, but a fairly decent source for bits of info who has been pretty good up to this point, has just let me know that the deal is all but dead in the water, and it would take an extremely unlikely , absolute miracle to bring it back to life. What looked like an 85% chance of agreement is now looking more like a 100 to 1 shot as of this lunchtime.
Of course , we'll never know until we know, and I suppose where there is life, there is hope, but I trust this persons insight way more than any of the "so called" ITKs I've seen on here. I want this to be so wrong..... but its not looking good.

Not a phone call I wanted to take.......... after nearly 60 years of being a Shrimper fan, but 100 to 1 shots do come good sometimes.........

The club would exist in some form. But if liquidated it wouldn’t be the “same” club which might be an issue. One thing about the WUP is the court can also place the club in administration. Especially if another entity is offering to acquire immediately paying off some of the debt. Maybe having approached HMRC and/or other debtors. Whether good enough for NL who knows and certainly points deduction for administration. A very long shot.
Even if club didn’t exist I would be joining what I believe would be very large numbers of supporters making clear to SCC that building without the club couldn’t go ahead- and we would organise campaigns to unseat any councillors foolish enough to think it can- I will happily join any protest outside council offices to reenforce ..the thought of Ron building anything with the club gone should have hundreds if not thousands out in protest (note I said should)
Problem is the city council has a quota of houses to build which is set by government I believe. It may have increased in number once we became a city, so while protesting is good cant see they will change their minds sadly

Who knows what the case will be as long as it positive I hope maybe someone itk may have idea of possible if completion before court case if not shortly after ?

Who knows what the case will be as long as it positive I hope maybe someone itk may have idea of possible if completion before court case if not shortly after ?
If shortly after then the deal would need renegotiating as according to some we will be expelled if debts are not settled prior to Wednesdays hearing.

I have doubts RM will settle them

I'm bracing for bad news.

I hope against all hope that I'm wrong, but a fairly decent source for bits of info who has been pretty good up to this point, has just let me know that the deal is all but dead in the water, and it would take an extremely unlikely , absolute miracle to bring it back to life. What looked like an 85% chance of agreement is now looking more like a 100 to 1 shot as of this lunchtime.
Of course , we'll never know until we know, and I suppose where there is life, there is hope, but I trust this persons insight way more than any of the "so called" ITKs I've seen on here. I want this to be so wrong..... but its not looking good.

Not a phone call I wanted to take.......... after nearly 60 years of being a Shrimper fan, but 100 to 1 shots do come good sometimes.........
Hope this is an April Fool joke ☹️

This was my thought exactly. Kimura's deal off the table by the 12th, RM fails in his bid to squirrel his way out of this one. Kimura then tell the court they will buy the club immediately the court puts it into administration, allowing them to clear the debts and with the full backing on the NL (I expect that they are fully involved one way or another). Yes, it would mean administration and a points deduction, but it also puts Kimura firmly in the driving seat, particularly if what I suspect is something smelly emerging from the DD. Also bear in mind my other post earlier...
They can't, I don't believe. The administrators wouldn't do that (although I think they did with Ken Bates at Leeds but got in to a lot of trouble for it) as they would have to invite offers and take the best one. That will take time, time we don't have.

Problem is the city council has a quota of houses to build which is set by government I believe. It may have increased in number once we became a city, so while protesting is good cant see they will change their minds sadly
They haven't anymore. Difficult to comment without getting into politics and mentioning something internal running up and supporting the back. And politicians are generally self serving when it comes to re-election. Anyhow not a debate for now.

Piecing everything together, I still feel these two options I mentioned yesterday, are the only options on the table.

Flip a coin as to which is more likely...
Are we likely to get an adjournment on the basis of a sale being close if Kimura’s offer expires on Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back