• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today and tomorrow likewise
"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

You know, a typical week for Southend fans.

So Ron's son took to Twitter to try and scupper a deal that would make his dad (and probably him) very rich? Weirdo
It wasn't to scupper but to manipulate. There are no other credible bidders (we would have been able to identify them by now) but Wolfy's MO was to make everybody think there was wider interest and drive up the price/affect the negotiations.

It wasn't to scupper but to manipulate. There are no other credible bidders (we would have been able to identify them by now) but Wolfy's MO was to make everybody think there was wider interest and drive up the price/affect the negotiations.
Which could mean Kimura walk away now, or they can trust (as we all know) the Martins very little. The Caymans thing could also mean the Martins trust Kimura very little now. I cant see a positive in this either way for the club.

As i just said if the NL expulsion things is correct then we have till what Lunchtime on Wednesday to resolve the issue and get the deal done?

This is just bonkers ! What a family !
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could finally be rid of them forever.

The behaviour we're seeing in the last week or so is typical of people like RM and JM when they know they're fighting a losing battle.

They can't materially change reality, as they don't really have any leverage to change the deal that's on the table. They either take the deal and everyone moves on, or they become local villains.

So instead they resort to manipulation, putting things out in public and breaching the NDA they have to 'strictly adhere' to. Trying to pressure Kimura from afar because they don't have the stones nor the evidence to do it across the table. Trying to drum up distress among fans to further increase the pressure, while also laying blame on the purchasing party in case things go south.

If they were in a good position that suited them in this deal, would they seriously be resorting to these tactics?

Surely Ron is going to have to fold at the last minute and I love how much that is going to hurt him inside.
I would hope he does, i guess more likely if only one bidder (especially if it is true they have put a Wednesday morning deadline in place) if there are two bidders he could well hold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back