• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he needs a deadline- always last possible moment as many have said.
This is what makes me think Kimura are still demanding club plus stadium now? Has this idea on one now the other later come from Ron’s side? If Kimura were buying club only they would surely have set a drop dead deadline for earlier (maybe 30th June) and it would be done by now- after all the idea is on its own it can be done by Wed even with the distraction of the more complex piece ie FF.
You would think that Kimura have said 12th or we walk? But I think a lot depends on the NL stance also.
The whole thing is a nightmare..
It seems that’s what they have said - by the 12th or we walk. I haven’t heard that directly but the Echo and others are reliable enough for me. Probably ahead of the court hearing so that Ron can’t use Kimura’s proof of funds (again) or any ‘takeover is close’ guff to the Judge. He’s naked in there and going down quicker than Murphy in the box.

Apologies if this has been discussed but are the American agency still involved with the sale? I’m assuming they aren’t
I think Jez Moxey has been advising Ron. Before we send out the lynch mob though, I strongly suspect that Ron has not been listening to the advice unless it was something he already agreed with.

It seems that’s what they have said - by the 12th or we walk. Probably ahead of the court hearing so that Ron can’t use Kimura’s proof of funds (again) or any ‘takeover is close’ guff to the Judge. He’s naked in there and going down quicker than Murphy in the box.
In a way, I hope this is how it plays out. Anything that will squeeze him to the point where he has to accept the offer. It's a risky game but feels like it's all we've got.

It seems to be assumed that we are dead and burried if the takeover doesn't happen before Wednesday. Is that factually correct?

Ron did say in those emails that he'd pay the players and settle the HMRC debt if needs be. He paid the players (late of course) and he may just pay the balance on Wednesday, he did it last time. Whilst none of us want that, it is a possibility... Unfortunately.

There's lots of talk regarding the NL's demands being met by Wednesday. Where has that been reported?

Is this man stupid enough to let the club be wound up on weds .What does that small minded man think he stands to gain by that action .Sweet FA i guess .

It seems to be assumed that we are dead and burried if the takeover doesn't happen before Wednesday. Is that factually correct?

Ron did say in those emails that he'd pay the players and settle the HMRC debt if needs be. He paid the players (late of course) and he may just pay the balance on Wednesday, he did it last time. Whilst none of us want that, it is a possibility... Unfortunately.

There's lots of talk regarding the NL's demands being met by Wednesday. Where has that been reported?
The leauge commitee has ackted before removing other club So does it idiot ron think they will make our club a special case i think not Ron .

If Kimura do eventually acquire the club I'd like us to settle any debts to PG and end the sponsorship. Appreciate PG's financial support but PR wise it's been a disaster.

If only one day we could be a professional club from top to bottom. Still feels light years away from where we are currently.
Yes he needs a deadline- always last possible moment as many have said.
This is what makes me think Kimura are still demanding club plus stadium now? Has this idea on one now the other later come from Ron’s side? If Kimura were buying club only they would surely have set a drop dead deadline for earlier (maybe 30th June) and it would be done by now- after all the idea is on its own it can be done by Wed even having had the distraction of the more complex piece ie FF? Probably the club but is pretty much done?
You would think that Kimura have said 12th or we walk? But I think a lot depends on the NL stance also.
The whole thing is a nightmare..
Take a look at how Plymouth Argyle are run. Brilliant Chairman with integrity and a club that is professional in everything it does.

I'm not sure how much more our fan base can cope with.

This is as bad as it gets for a football fan.

The last few years have been hell but these next 48 hours will be far different to anything experienced so far.

It's just unbelievable how such a well supported club can find itself in this situation.

He may be able to get an adjournment for HMRC, but Kimura withdrawing their offer on Wed morning if it hasn't been accepted might take away his evidence for one.

Even if he did get an adjournment from HMRC, it seems the NL are really on us in a big way and could give a points deduction or boot us out if HMRC and all football creditors aren't paid up to date.

See Chris Phillips' latest article.

Maybe PG know that Kimura don't have them in mind for sponsorship if they acquire the club, hence the negativity. Tom Lawrence is in both camps of the club and sponsorship and maybe he isn't in the plans of Kimura either. That would also add to the negativity towards Kimura. All speculation on my part but as others have stated, why would they know what is going on? With their track record of social media rants, no one would trust them with info if NDA's were signed.

Please Kris/Simon, if you do pull this off then bin off PG. They’re like your alcoholic, offensive uncle that nobody likes and only invites to a party because you know they’ll get the rounds in.

In a way, I hope this is how it plays out. Anything that will squeeze him to the point where he has to accept the offer. It's a risky game but feels like it's all we've got.
I agree with the deadline, it passes the responsibility back to Ron and gives him far less chance to kick the can again with a promise that talks are progressing.

It does feel like **** or bust now, if Ron chooses not to complete the sale the death of SUFC will be solely on his head.

He may be able to get an adjournment for HMRC, but Kimura withdrawing their offer on Wed morning if it hasn't been accepted might take away his evidence for one.

Even if he did get an adjournment from HMRC, it seems the NL are really on us in a big way and could give a points deduction or boot us out if HMRC and all football creditors aren't paid up to date.

See Chris Phillips' latest article.
The article doesn't allude to an exact date that the NL want those parties paid. I haven't seen an exact date anywhere. The only definite date I can see is the 12th, to pay HMRC. If he does settle that amount, this could still go on for a little while. If the date from NL coincides with HMRC, then Wednesday is most definitely D-day.

Like I said previously, I hope and pray it all gets sorted this week 🤞🙏

Signing up to support Southend as a youngster for lifetime you don’t expect to be winning premier league and champions leagues.. you accept the fact your in for a lifetime of ups and downs. What you don’t expect (as a fan of any club) is all the **** we’ve been put through these last few years. If any fan base deserves a medal, it’s each and everyone of us. For a lot of people, 3pm on a Saturday, 19:45 during the week.. those few hours are a escape from reality. For us though, it’s a 24/7 ****athon filled with nothing but crap news after crap news. It’s mentally draining. I can’t wait for this all the end not only for the club to start looking forward to the future but for my mental health as well.

I'm not sure how much more our fan base can cope with.

This is as bad as it gets for a football fan.

The last few years have been hell but these next 48 hours will be far different to anything experienced so far.

It's just unbelievable how such a well supported club can find itself in this situation.
1000% agree. Next 48 hours are gonna be tough but we all have to stick together 💔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back