• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing up to support Southend as a youngster for lifetime you don’t expect to be winning premier league and champions leagues.. you accept the fact your in for a lifetime of ups and downs. What you don’t expect (as a fan of any club) is all the **** we’ve been put through these last few years. If any fan base deserves a medal, it’s each and everyone of us. For a lot of people, 3pm on a Saturday, 19:45 during the week.. those few hours are an escape from reality. For us though, it’s a 24/7 ****athon filled with nothing but crap news after crap news. It’s mentally draining. I can’t wait for this all the end not only for the club to start looking forward to the future but for my mental health as well.
It doesn’t bear thinking about what Ron might soon make happen.

The article doesn't allude to an exact date that the NL want those parties paid. I haven't seen an exact date anywhere. The only definite date I can see is the 12th, to pay HMRC. If he does settle that amount, this could still go on for a little while. If the date from NL coincides with HMRC, then Wednesday is most definitely D-day.

Like I said previously, I hope and pray it all gets sorted this week 🤞🙏

It’s not 100% clear to me, but this is what the club statement said last month:

1688924569662.png

Attachments

• 1688924548575.png
    1688924548575.png
    396.1 KB · Views: 24
Okay can someone on the zone please help me as I’m lost. So there is a potential agreement to buy the football side with the FF development to continue discussions in the future. Nearly all that have posted, apart from @kentblues have said that this will give Ron the upper hand in negotiations.
But doesn’t FF need to be built before RH can be built on? Therefore will Ron not need an agreement for this and therefore there is still a lot to be discussed. Ie Kimura want the 21k and if not the stadium part will pay out less than if the 16k is built with the money that Ron would make on the residential making it better for Ron to go for the 21k

I know nothing and this is just my brain working overtime. Any contribution to this conversation would be appreciated as I just don’t see how anyone interested in buying something would give all the cards, as has been suggested, to the seller!

Does anyone know if we would get another adjournment
member: 1807"]
Nobody can answer than with any certainty unfortunately.
[/QUOTE]
It’ll depend on what evidence is presented to the judge. Even if we do, the NL may still kick us out.

Okay can someone on the zone please help me as I’m lost. So there is a potential agreement to buy the football side with the FF development to continue discussions in the future. Nearly all that have posted, apart from @kentblues have said that this will give Ron the upper hand in negotiations.
But doesn’t FF need to be built before RH can be built on? Therefore will Ron not need an agreement for this and therefore there is still a lot to be discussed. Ie Kimura want the 21k and if not the stadium part will pay out less than if the 16k is built with the money that Ron would make on the residential making it better for Ron to go for the 21k

I know nothing and this is just my brain working overtime. Any contribution to this conversation would be appreciated as I just don’t see how anyone interested in buying something would give all the cards, as has been suggested, to the seller!
Nobody knows what the shape of the deal is, apart from Ron and Kimura. Most of what you’ve read has been speculation by all of us or tidbits from the ITKs or Wolfy - some of which were red herrings.

Ultimately, this is about Ron trying to maximise his payday. It’s no good him sending his trolls out (or doing it himself) onto social media to throw out unfounded or warped barbs to the buyers.

Ron would do well to remember that something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, no matter what he thinks he can flog it for. If he has a queue of buyers for his price, happy days. If not, he’ll need to recognise the good deal in front of him and take it.

He needs to sell by next Wednesday, or he’s deep in the financial **** and will be a national pariah for killing SUFC. That would be a scandal locally. We’ll all make sure the world knows who is to blame.

View attachment 27204

What the hell happened today?

Two new snippets of info from CP in the Echo
(1) Three Amigos not paid for June yet
(2) Kimura's offer only on table until Wednesday

In relation to (2) that would probably be a natural deadline for them to give - it's not certain what they'd be buying if the offer was still available on Thursday. And as others have said, deadlines/milestones in projects like this are essential to focus decision makers minds.

Absolutely frightening.

“The situation is being closely followed by the National League and it is understood the Shrimpers must pay off all debts to football creditors, which includes their own staff, if they are to remain in the fifth tier of English football next season.”
I was right, that is exactly why we cannot have Ron Martin lying to the court and try and get an adjournment, it’s one way or other’s, pay up or we get thrown out.

He is the person who has got the club into this mess and he can't and shouldn't be in a position to dictate things like this.

The one and only thing I am clinging onto at the moment is that he might have an ounce of logic in his brain, and logic dictates that he had to sell.

Even if he gets an adjournment from HMRC, sounds like the league won't be so lenient. Yes the league might **** themselves and chicken out of the threat to boot us, but to bank on that is insane and very, very dangerous.

Even a points deduction lowers the club's value and saleability, let alone it being kicked out of the VNL.

Kimura's offer remains the best and only one on the table. He might sit on it and try until the last minute to squeeze additional concessions or to get more of his boxes ticked, but surely he has to accept it before the hearing if this is true about the National League's POA.

"I tried, but there were no suitable bidders" will not fly as an excuse. We all know there is a suitable and advanced bidder right now. Utimately, "I tried, but there were no suitable bidders" just translates to "I chose to be greedy and stubborn, get nothing and let the club die rather than take something for it".

He'd be admitting that he'd rather shoot himself in the foot than let the club survive.

Wednesday morning
Kimura: "we'll give you £3m for the club".
Ron: "but I want £5m".
Kimura: "the winding up hearing is in 3 hours. It's £3m or nothing".
Ron: "ah OK, nothing it is then"

Any excuse he tries to make for the club dying or being expelled from the VNL on his watch just won't fly. Everybody will know the real reason. I'm retaining a tiny bit of hope that he won't be that stupid, and that he doesn't honestly want the blood of this football club on his hands.

He's a lot of things, but I have to hope that he'll end up doing all he can to avoid that, otherwise I have no hope at all.
Great post. Scarily, only Ron knows what Ron is thinking right now and what he is likely to do. The mess we are in and our Club's future down to one man.

Ron needs to reduce the capacity to 16k and pack the main stand with flats in order to make the FF scheme financially viable. That tells us that the FF scheme is only marginally profitable. And that was when interest rates were near zero and property values sky high. If it was only marginally profitable then, how on earth can the scheme be financially viable with 5% interest rates and falling property values?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back