• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 questions 1 will the take over happen or not 2 Who is going to clear the debts that must be cleared by the time he goes to court .And 3 if the debts are not cleared i take it we will be chucked out of the leauge .And southend united will die . Am i right or not .

I have 3 questions 1 will the take over happen or not 2 Who is going to clear the debts that must be cleared by the time he goes to court .And 3 if the debts are not cleared i take it we will be chucked out of the leauge .And southend united will die . Am i right or not .
1 No idea. 2. RM cannot as he has **** all. 3. It will be upto the court to decide on the day based on any evidence.

If the takeover happens then the debts relevant to this court process, National League requirements, staff and SUFC suppliers / creditors will be settled under the terms of the deal.

Those will be factored into the price - either Ron gets less as the debt costs are deducted from the purchase price and Kimura settle them (preferable) or Ron pays out of his proceeds. This is probably an oversimplification but you get the idea.

If none of that comes through with Kimura we’re into Ron going for an adjournment, likely failing, failing to pay the debts and there’s one less team in the NL next year. Or, the mystery third bidder may step in at the last second.

Interesting thing is I wonder where he has heard that. Not one of the ITK have mentioned this (not criticising) and then all of a sudden Chris reports this. It’s quite a statement to make at such a pivotal time. Can only assume it’s true and if so we really are on life support with a number of days to go

Or, the mystery third bidder may step in at the last second.
If that happens, Ron will still be involved. Plus, most likely, the club will go into administration and will start the season with a points deduction, or worse. Not to mention the fact players (and maybe management) will walk. The club may survive but we can kiss goodbye to any return to the league any time soon. That’s my gut feeling - not based on any fact.

He is the person who has got the club into this mess and he can't and shouldn't be in a position to dictate things like this.

The one and only thing I am clinging onto at the moment is that he might have an ounce of logic in his brain, and logic dictates that he had to sell.

Even if he gets an adjournment from HMRC, sounds like the league won't be so lenient. Yes the league might **** themselves and chicken out of the threat to boot us, but to bank on that is insane and very, very dangerous.

Even a points deduction lowers the club's value and saleability, let alone it being kicked out of the VNL.

Kimura's offer remains the best and only one on the table. He might sit on it and try until the last minute to squeeze additional concessions or to get more of his boxes ticked, but surely he has to accept it before the hearing if this is true about the National League's POA.

"I tried, but there were no suitable bidders" will not fly as an excuse. We all know there is a suitable and advanced bidder right now. Utimately, "I tried, but there were no suitable bidders" just translates to "I chose to be greedy and stubborn, get nothing and let the club die rather than take something for it".

He'd be admitting that he'd rather shoot himself in the foot than let the club survive.

Wednesday morning
Kimura: "we'll give you £3m for the club".
Ron: "but I want £5m".
Kimura: "the winding up hearing is in 3 hours. It's £3m or nothing".
Ron: "ah OK, nothing it is then"

Any excuse he tries to make for the club dying or being expelled from the VNL on his watch just won't fly. Everybody will know the real reason. I'm retaining a tiny bit of hope that he won't be that stupid, and that he doesn't honestly want the blood of this football club on his hands.

He's a lot of things, but I have to hope that he'll end up doing all he can to avoid that, otherwise I have no hope at all.

Last edited:
He is the person who has got the club into this mess and he can't and shouldn't be in a position to dictate things like this.

The one and only thing I am clinging onto at the moment is that he might have an ounce of logic in his brain, and logic dictates that he had to sell.

Even if he gets an adjournment from HMRC, sounds like the league won't be so lenient. Yes the league might **** themselves and chicken out of the threat to boot us, to but bank on that is insane and very, very dangerous.

Even a points deduction lowers the club's value and saleability, let alone it being kicked out of the VNL.

Kimura's offer remains the best and only one on the table. He might sit on it and try until the last minute to squeeze additional concessions or to get more of his boxes ticked, but surely he has to accept it before the hearing if this is true about the National League's POA.

"I tried, but there were no suitable bidders" will not fly as an excuse. We all know there is a suitable and advanced bidder right now. Utimately, "I tried, but there were no suitable bidders" just translates to "I chose to be greedy and stubborn, get nothing and let the club die rather than take something for it".

He'd be admitting that he'd rather shoot himself in the foot than let the club survive.

Wednesday morning
Kimura: "we'll give you £3m for the club".
Ron: "but I want £5m".
Kimura: "the winding up hearing is in 3 hours. It's £3m or nothing".
Ron: "ah OK, nothing it is then"

Any excuse he tries to make for the club dying or being expelled from the VNL on his watch just won't fly. Everybody will know the real reason. I'm retaining a tiny bit of hope that he won't be that stupid, and that he doesn't honestly want the blood of this football club on his hands.

He's a lot of things, but I have to hope that he'll end up doing all he can to avoid that, otherwise I have no hope at all.
I do not believe he is bothered about the club anymore as his recent failings have show. He has no money and therefore he is on one mind-set , to get the most money for himself regardless of how it effects anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back