• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that the players have now been paid ,can we hope this is a sign that things are about to happen
This is my thinking and the only thing I'm hanging on to. The only logic behind this is that the players are the assets of the club and he wants/needs them in place to conduct the sale. He wouldn't have bothered to pay them if he wanted the club wound up on Wednesday. It's a small thing to hang on to but it isn't unrealistic either. Here's hoping 🤞

Kimura’s deal expiring on Wednesday really reduces the chance of an adjournment. If Kimura were still close to purchasing the club on Wednesday, an adjournment would be almost guaranteed.

Now that doesn’t seem to be the case, what evidence can Ron present to get an adjournment? He isn’t going to pay and without Kimura there doesn’t seem to be an interested party at an advanced stage. That leaves us with a worryingly limited amount of options.

1) Kimura get the deal done and buy the club. Adjourned or dismissed depending on whether Kimura have time to pay the creditors before the trial.
2) We get wound up.
3) Ron pays (unlikely)
4) We somehow get an adjournment despite not being near a sale (unlikely but maybe Ron will promise to sell some land - this *might* be good enough for an adjournment)

Great - our lovely sponsors are getting involved in the discussion - great way to endear themselves to potential new owners.

Guess they’re probably part of the alleged Tom Lawrence consortium waiting in the wings.

IMG_3922.jpeg

Does the expiration of Kimura's deal allude to the fact that an adjournment of the petition is very unlikely? Do they have knowledge that the debt will unlikely be paid off by Ron if the takeover deal falls through?

I'm not sure that I am.
A property developer doesn’t necessarily do the build, he can simply buy the land and get planning and then sell to a housebuilder? That’s what Ron often does? No-one is disputing the some, indeed many, developers also build. The argument was that Ron was not a developer because the old “what has he ever built” line? But he doesn’t have to do the build. Plenty of developers don’t.

We are at cross purposes…

If Kimura were to buy the club including Roots Hall with a contractual obligation on both sides to exchange RH for a new stadium complex as per the agreed planning permission ie 16000 capacity when its completed would that not solve the current problems?
Ron could then build his houses at FF and when we move from RH he could develop the site there.

Or have I missed something in the 567 pages of this thread??

Great - our lovely sponsors are getting involved in the discussion - great way to endear themselves to potential new owners.

Guess they’re probably part of the alleged Tom Lawrence consortium waiting in the wings.

View attachment 27201
Pi ss up Sunday. From always saying that have been left in the dark, now they are a know all.

A property developer doesn’t necessarily do the build, he can simply buy the land and get planning and then sell to a housebuilder? That’s what Ron often does? No-one is disputing the some, indeed many, developers also build. The argument was that Ron was not a developer because the old “what has he ever built” line? But he doesn’t have to do the build. Plenty of developers don’t.

We are at cross purposes…
I'm just trying to get the post count up for @Cricko . Even when the mods tell us off for going off topic that # still goes up lol

Pi ss up Sunday. From always saying that have been left in the dark, now they are a know all.
If Kimura do eventually acquire the club I'd like us to settle any debts to PG and end the sponsorship. Appreciate PG's financial support but PR wise it's been a disaster.

If only one day we could be a professional club from top to bottom. Still feels light years away from where we are currently.

The club folds bwcause rm will not shift his position. Southend unt are no more. CN rm sell roots hall for housing if there is no club. I have asked this question before but no onw seems certain.

If Kimura were to buy the club including Roots Hall with a contractual obligation on both sides to exchange RH for a new stadium complex as per the agreed planning permission ie 16000 capacity when its completed would that not solve the current problems?
Ron could then build his houses at FF and when we move from RH he could develop the site there.

I did suggest a similar thing earlier that RH (if it is part of any deal struck before Weds) could be used as a bargaining chip in future negotiations/agreements around FF.

As I said earlier though, I'm not ITK and I don't have a clue whether RH has ever been on the table since the club went up for sale.

I’ve said a few times it’s what I would want to do. It an obvious solution. I buy RH with agreement that I will sell back to you when I buy new FF facility. But the perceived wisdom (and correct wisdom) appears to be the our control freak friend has always ruled that out.

If Kimura do eventually acquire the club I'd like us to settle any debts to PG and end the sponsorship. Appreciate PG's financial support but PR wise it's been a disaster.

If only one day we could be a professional club from top to bottom. Still feels light years away from where we are currently.
I really don't think you need to worry about PR damage to our club .........

Does the expiration of Kimura's deal allude to the fact that an adjournment of the petition is very unlikely? Do they have knowledge that the debt will unlikely be paid off by Ron if the takeover deal falls through?
I suspect they recognise that Ron needs a deadline. He never acts until the very final moment when he’s forced to (the scourge of many a transfer we missed out on over the years), usually in court.

They’re saying unequivocally to Ron that he’s on his own carry the **** from that point forwards, and that (given all the ‘it’s with Kimura to act’ stuff over the weeks) the decision is with Ron. Take and save the club. Don’t take it and own the consequences.

As it happens it’s an easy deadline for them to give, because if the takeover isn’t completed by Wednesday the NL will nudge us off the cliff and all manner of staff and players are gone in a matter of weeks when their next pay cheque doesn’t arrive. So it was the deadline already whether they named it or not.

This way though, everyone is clear what needs to happen and who needs to do it - by Wednesday. If he doesn’t, all we’ll have are memories.

Maybe PG know that Kimura don't have them in mind for sponsorship if they acquire the club, hence the negativity. Tom Lawrence is in both camps of the club and sponsorship and maybe he isn't in the plans of Kimura either. That would also add to the negativity towards Kimura. All speculation on my part but as others have stated, why would they know what is going on? With their track record of social media rants, no one would trust them with info if NDA's were signed.

I suspect they recognise that Ron needs a deadline. He never acts until the very final moment when he’s forced to (the scourge of many a transfer we missed out on over the years).

They’re saying unequivocally to Ron that he’s on his own carry the **** from that point forwards, and that (given all the ‘it’s with Kimura to act’ stuff over the weeks) the decision is with Ron. Take and save the club. Don’t take it and own the consequences.

As it happens it’s an easy deadline for them to give, because if the takeover isn’t completed by Wednesday the NL will nudge us off the cliff and all manner of staff and players are gone in a matter of weeks when their next pay cheque doesn’t arrive. So it was the deadline already whether they named it or not.

This way though, everyone is clear what needs to happen and who needs to do it - by Wednesday. If he doesn’t, all we’ll have is memories.
Yes he needs a deadline- always last possible moment as many have said.
This is what makes me think Kimura are still demanding club plus stadium now? Has this idea on one now the other later come from Ron’s side? If Kimura were buying club only they would surely have set a drop dead deadline for earlier (maybe 30th June) and it would be done by now- after all the idea is on its own it can be done by Wed even having had the distraction of the more complex piece ie FF? Probably the club but is pretty much done?
You would think that Kimura have said 12th or we walk? But I think a lot depends on the NL stance also.
The whole thing is a nightmare..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back