• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you ITK? Or is this a general rousing the troops type statement?
Bit of both. There was a meeting between parties tonight regarding outstanding issues and the initial steer I’ve been given is positive. I can also see the effect this is having on some posters, so wanted to try and boost morale. We all want the same thing and being out of control and out of the loop is clearly having an impact on people.

"
" Lord i pray thee to bless my football club in its hour of need ,and pray that you can give Mr Martin the sense to finally do the right thing by not only the club ,but also the city of Southend and all its constituents and supporters. Give Mr Martin the sense to sell the club to the Kimura Group so that the supporters can finally rest and the club once again become a solid part of the community . I thank you Lord for all your blessings, please help to save our football club. " AMEN.

at th is precise moment, there are 2 or 3 players considering good offers from other clubs. There are 2 players who ma leave in addition to the above.
We are currently strugling to have 2 on the bench for a friendly and that's without preseason injury niggles.
there is a very real possibility that we can't fulfill fixtures unless the embargo gets lifted, yet alone a 25\1 shot at winning the league.
I wasn't arguing with the odds, I was pointing out they had been misinterpreted.

It's the 7th July... there are 2 working days left before the first friendly and 3 before deadline day at court. As forseen by some, it's coming down to the wire; I guess it's a bit of a surprise to me how so many thought it wouldn't when it's how Ron has operated for years. Anyway, here we are.

It's my understanding and belief that Ron has no options left and is like bear with a sore head about it. He knows he has to sell. Relationships at board level are, let's say, "interesting".

I don't know if everything will be concluded by Wednesday but I am 99.99% confident we won't be wound up. The pre-season planning will start later than everyone else; not ideal by any means, but not disastrous either. Whilst we may not have a great start (we never do!), these are professional footballers. There is no window and we can bring in whoever we need. And, for the first time for around 7 years, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE will be pulling in the same direction.

This is one first opening game I want to be at. Can you just imagine the atmosphere at the Hall? We may not win the game but the relief will be incredible.

So be optimistic guys, there's light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think it's a train.

It's my understanding and belief that Ron has no options left and is like bear with a sore head about it. He knows he has to sell. Relationships at board level are, let's say, "interesting".

Always be wary of an animal backed into a corner. By interesting do you mean RM is digging his heels in and ignoring advice?

Would love to be a fly on the wall in these meetings

The ONLY good thing to come out of this is that rat bag Martin, who now knows what its like to be put into a corner and make to squirm like the pig he really is.

I truly believe in Karma and this is hopefully the start of his.

PS: I will try TalkSport again today, didn't get on yesterday unfortunately but will give it another crack today.
Or in this case, Karmura.

Obviously , you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, Liam ,but I don't accept the position is as bad as you think it is .
I am just catching up with this thread and I am staggered that anyone can even get close to believing that the position isn’t bad

It much a kin to those that dismiss the possibility that the next hearing , if the debts included in the WUO aren’t paid in full. could well result in liquidation.

The legal representatives of HMRC will almost certainly have made submissions be they verbal or in writing to the judge and if there is any doubt that the sale is struggling then liquidation grows ever more likely

Turning to the supposed additional creditor I have been thinking about this and whilst it of course that there was an unpaid invoice hidden in a biscuit tin in Ron’s desk my guess would be ( and it’s just that a guess ) then if the rumour is correct then the debt could well be attributable to a HMRC matter.

Let me explain.

When Chelsea were recently sold the DD conducted by Bohley discovered PAYE issues and his group the made a voluntary disclosure to HMRC.

Football clubs historically have been the subject of PAYE/ NIC investigations and consequently where payments made have not been in accordance with PAYE regulations significant liability, interest and penalties flow from those investigations
From mobile phones and company cars provided to both management to players alongside accommodation. From payments made to scouts and stewards to payment of agents fees .
Whilst it’s unlikely to be an issue payments made to non contract players who in theory aren’t paid to play and should only be paid expenses.
As I say its only a guess but knowing football in general and the way in which we all know Southend has been run nothing would surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back