• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say these words but if Ron Martin is somehow still involved with the club in August I will be boycotting the season

You won't be alone.

If for some reason ron Martin is still here going into next season, I can see crowds dropping well below 4k

In complete contrast. New owners would see crowds surge past an 8k average.

Either way, if Ron stays as chairman, I dont think we even start the season.

The problem with this is that we have no trust in Ron and he's earned that with his willingness to let staff go unpaid, his poor judgement ( relying on Harry) and various other things. BUT we don't know that it means that the Kimura guys are doing all they can to speed this through. I don't have any info to suggest that they haven't played everything with a straight bat but lots of assumptions on here that it's all on Ron and they are on the side of the angels and have found stuff etc.

I guess we might never know (or get the truth in a documentary) but with such little info coming out the zone can become a place where assumption take hold.

I reckon Ron will somehow scrape together just enough to kick the can further down the road next week, hoping that he'll be able to persuade the judge that he remains in serious negotiations with Kimura and/or another "interested party". Whether that will be enough to convince the judge is dubious, and will only, prolong the agony.

As always he's playing a dangerous game and the stakes could not be higher.
That's when they write a letter to the judge confirming they've pulled out.

Exactly so while you continue to sit around and not act.. I personally wouldn't start coming for me.. someone who is doing anything in there power (alot less than the trust) to do something.. but you do you pal
I said possibly. You don’t know me. Enough bickering now though - we are both on the same side. Well done for giving the trust a bit of credit here.

I would think if the judge asks any questions we are completely screwed. He may have been able to take most of our fans fools for years but a High Court Judge? I don't think so.

I don’t think there be another adjournment as the judge only given us an adjournment on 17th May, as SUFC Solicitors showed the judge that we in talk with a buyer and proof of fund. To think the judge took the longest 20 seconds before he hit the gravel.

Couple of bits of bad news:

1. Southend United's FF application is NOT on tomorrow's planning committee agenda at Southend Council, that means that if it was an approval issue holding the sale up, that won't be resolved.
  2. We will remain in an embargo until the club is sold. Even if Ron clears this WUP he is clearly not interested in funding the club beyond it's very existence. HMRC won't have received any money and so we'll likely be in this position again until the club can change hands.
HAVE A GREAT EVENING EVERYONE.

1. Southend United's FF application is NOT on tomorrow's planning committee agenda at Southend Council, that means that if it was an approval issue holding the sale up, that won't be resolved.
  2. We will remain in an embargo until the club is sold. Even if Ron clears this WUP he is clearly not interested in funding the club beyond it's very existence. HMRC won't have received any money and so we'll likely be in this position again until the club can change hands.
Point 1 isn’t an issue as planning permission on the first iteration was granted

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back