• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they've done due dilligence and are waiting for a response. Then it's on the seller
The point is no-one knows…so no one can say with certainty where this sits. Full stop.
What we do know is the delay better be worth the cost as it’s now very obviously damaging the club..

Slightly off topic, York City take over has been concluded. It just needs the FA approval.
It’s a mother and son of the Uggla family. They operate as 394 sport, also 2 board members are from the York City Trust.
I wonder if the same opportunity will be offered to the shrimper’s trust ?
Providing the takeover ever happens that is.

It is not like selling/buying a house which is probably the most complex business deal many on here have do e.
I know sales of football clubs take time but there doesn't seem to be much urgency to get the deal done. All these rumours going around I'm not even sure what to believe now.

I know sales of football clubs take time but there doesn't seem to be much urgency to get the deal done. All these rumours going around I'm not even sure what to believe now.
If your a bidder and have been prepared to spend £400k on DD chances are your not just going in, kicking the tyres on the old girl and trying to knock a couple of £k of the asking price.

You go into the situation with worst case scenarios and if after DD you are greeted with those worst case scenarios then you may well have to think long and hard about the commitment. Sometimes in business it's easier walking away from a deal a few £100k down but saving possible £ms further down the line.

But if your house sale falls through there's potential for another buyer?
The house won't be demolished although it could through the sale.
But there is a huge difference. You've vastly oversimplified the domain, as have most others on here.

Ron needs the money, quite clearly the rise in interest rates is causing him huge financial problems. Most of his property empire is built on debt.

If the club goes bust, he gets nothing, absolutely nothing.

It is in Ron's best interest to close the deal as soon as possible.

It is in Kimura's interest to let it drag down to the wire.

Simply because the closer to the wire it gets, Kimura can demand a better deal.

It will be the same for the rumoured 3rd parties, it is in their interest to that the deal takes longer to complete.

But there is a huge difference. You've vastly oversimplified the domain, as have most others on here.

Ron needs the money, quite clearly the rise in interest rates is causing him huge financial problems. Most of his property empire is built on debt.

It will be the same for the rumoured 3rd parties, it is in their interest to that the deal takes longer to complete.
i hope you're right

I'm no fan of Ron but he is right when he says the pace of the takeover is in the hands of the buyer.

There needs to be a decision very very soon on whether they want to proceed otherwise they are just wasting everyone's time.
This is a very simplistic way of looking at things which, ultimately, doesn't carry.

You can't provisionally agree to sell somebody a house, give them a deadline date to complete by and then refuse entry to their surveyors or drag your feet or refuse to provide any additional information that they ask for.

It's in their hands to the extent that they can decide whether or not to turn a blind eye to some of the stuff that they've found that he hadn't previously disclosed......but who should be expecting them to do that?

It's just not how it works in the real world. Ron Martin doesn't live in the real world. Please don't join him up in the clouds.

Ron simply cannot refinance the balance sheet as he has no one that will provide him with the credit - there's a surprise.

He either accepts the offer, or negotiates a compromise of the offer, or finds another prospective buyer. Failure to achieve any of these will be catastrophic. imho.

Unsure if anyone can confirm, but it’s my understanding we have been reported to the pension regulator as the club have not been depositing everyone’s monthly pension payments for 9 months?
No idea if it’s 9 months or not but given salaries have not been paid/been paid late, it would not surprise me one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back