• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am concerned that as we know Ron acts like a spolied child that if things don't go his way that he'll have a tantrum and say something like "it's my ball and my game" and walk away blaming the bidders and everyone else.

Someone mentioned that he would like to 'punish' the fans and the club and this would be in keeping with that.

I just hope and pray that someone in his inner circle talks sense in to him though he appears to have avoided listening to anyone else in the past.

If it was today, I would have expected some kind of murmurs by now. Just little signs. But nothing. Today is a critical day with contract expiring etc. Really had hoped today was the day, but feels like its slipping away as a possibility.
If its not today, I can see it going to (or beyond 12th) as both buyers and seller playing chicken with the court hearing date.
Will Ron buckle with the prospect of selling off more assetts to pay HMRC? It was said on here that it was in Kimuras hands now, so perhaps they are running to clock down to force the deal through with Ron sweating about paying the bill. But we all know Ron won't sweat. Hes blindly optimistic when it comes to getting further ajournments.
We won’t be beyond 12th, as National League will throw us out of the NL set up if we don’t pay everything, something Ron Martin don’t have the money to pay for it.

Plus there be no further ajournments, the judge was very close to close us down on 17th of May. Proof of fund’s from potential buyers saved us.

I am concerned that as we know Ron acts like a spolied child that if things don't go his way that he'll have a tantrum and say something like "it's my ball and my game" and walk away blaming the bidders and everyone else.

Someone mentioned that he would like to 'punish' the fans and the club and this would be in keeping with that.

I just hope and pray that someone in his inner circle talks sense in to him though he appears to have avoided listening to anyone else in the past.
Although I agree with you to a certain extent, there is always in the back of my mind Ron's wish to maximise his personal gain and I think this is what drives his actions most of the time. Running things down, devaluing the asset and even going into administration or, worst case scenario liquidation, does nothing to increase his personal wealth and I think that will ultimately drive his decisions.

They will all be at training today. The big question is.....Will they get paid, as it's payday?
And then of course, the fallout if not paid. Also the brilliant staff behind the scenes who are owed two months wages, and it could be three after today. So, a big day today that will definitely affect things and staff.

Where is the income from season card sales. Surely that would have been enough to pay staff.

We won’t be beyond 12th, as National League will throw us out of the NL set up if we don’t pay everything, something Ron Martin don’t have the money to pay for it.

Plus there be no further ajournments, the judge was very close to close us down on 17th of May. Proof of fund’s from potential buyers saved us.
If it gets to that point, I think Ron will find a way to pay. But by then, will Kimura and the other apparent interested party say they've had enough?

Please stop being alarmist. Depending on the state of the sale, there may well be another adjournment.

Please stop being alarmist. Depending on the state of the sale, there may well be another adjournment.
To be fair, the wording in the last statement was 'MUST', so I wouldn't say he's being an alarmist.

The other companies we owe (which were the ones that joined the petition) may be the reason that paying the debts is a 'must'.

Respectfully, this is not alarmist. The situation is alarming and this is reflective of that. There is no guarantee that the club will exist on the 13th of July, and that existential threat is perpetual until Ron is no longer associated with the club.

There may be another adjournment but that is for the judge to decide. This will be the 5th High Court appearance for SUFC since Nov last year. That will be factored in ans there are no guarantees at all.

Why? Debt upon Debt, we need to be alarmed if this clown is left to march to HMRC on the 12th July which is a week next Wednesday. We have a right to be worried. Sick to the back teeth of him getting away with it. However, Martin being Martin will drag the club with him.
If he cannot prove he has the funds to clear the historical debt plus have the funds to see out the season we are gone.

Although I agree with you to a certain extent, there is always in the back of my mind Ron's wish to maximise his personal gain and I think this is what drives his actions most of the time. Running things down, devaluing the asset and even going into administration or, worst case scenario liquidation, does nothing to increase his personal wealth and I think that will ultimately drive his decisions.
Possibly. Pride seems to be a driving force though and there have been umpteen terrible decisions costing ££££££’s.

The debts aren't just owed to HMRC now, that's what concerns me.

There are additional debtors and the more the money owed piles up, the more the judge will doubt our ability to pay it all.

The only way out is a change of ownership, and preferably as soon as possible.

Not sure of that. It seems that it was Stan and Tom (and maybe others) that have managed to persuade him to sell in the first place. It might therefore need them to continue the good work.

Respectfully, this is not alarmist. The situation is alarming and this is reflective of that. There is no guarantee that the club will exist on the 13th of July, and that existential threat is perpetual until Ron is no longer associated with the club.

There may be another adjournment but that is for the judge to decide. This will be the 5th High Court appearance for SUFC since Nov last year. That will be factored in ans there are no guarantees at all.
That what happen to Bury FC, they only got ajournments due to rumours there was a buyer that was close to buy them out, only for Steve Dale to play cat & mouse with the buyer, when the Bury FC board told him to take the offers.

Steve Dale and Stewart Day both was bankrupt on December 2022.

Last edited:
although I tend to agree with you FBM and you are usually the calm voice of reason, I along with others really do think this is the fat lady singing. There is only so many times we test the judges patience and from what was said previous they are not taking Ron's BS any more

That what happen to Bury FC, they only got ajournments due to rumours there was a buyer that was close to buy them out, only for Steve Dale to play cat & mouse with the buyer, when the Bury FC board told him to take the offers.

Steve Dale and Stewart Day both was bankrupt on December 2022.
I am terrifed of this entirely possible outcome.

What I do t understand is how people can come on here and call RM all sorts of names make veiled threats towards him and his family and yet still expect that he will do what suits them best. He will do what he can to maximise his pot and that’s all he was ever gonna do from day one

Ron has always been a snake with zero morals.

It's just, people can now see him for what he is, whereas for years he still got lots of support from some areas of our support.

Any chance RM may be concerned by the stories that will come out about him if he sells? I know his reputation is in the gutter anyway but crikey what would come out be impossible for him to do ‘business’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back