• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know the score with Ron, he will take it to the steps of the court on the 12th and either pay it off himself after selling his mint condition 80s Frosty bike reflectors or he will have finally relented and let the sushi company buy the club #wallop

Hi.

This - 100% in my view.

Sorry, I've only ever posted a handful of times, and twice on DD now! Just to knock on the head the whole "DD doesn't begin until exclusivity". As Kimura are in financial services (and presumably regulated by FCA / PRA), my own experience of DD remains that any number of parties can begin DD (call it round 1). Some questions, the seller may decline to answer until exclusivity ("round 2") because the information is commercially sensitive and/ or lawyers advise to defer the Qs until later.

Having worked on a number of sales & acquisitions (in fin serv, nothing as interesting as a football club more's the pity), it's just not my experience that DD and exclusivity go hand in hand, at least at the start. However, to repeat, some answers may not be forthcoming until there is exclusivity.

As somebody posted, DD will end up in diminishing returns - you end up spending serious money digging, probing etc and the benefit back in terms of additional info might be marginal. Ultimately, if it is Kimura and if they operate "typically" (ie like I've seen other firms!!!) then there will be a risk report to their Board laying out the pros and cons against their appetite to risk. God knows where we are on that timeline if indeed that is the process!
Am pretty sure they have covered a substantial amount of dd. It’s correct you don’t need exclusivity to conduct dd, if the other party is willing to open the kimono regardless.

Am pretty sure they have covered a substantial amount of dd. It’s correct you don’t need exclusivity to conduct dd, if the other party is willing to open the kimono regardless.
If I had to guess the sort of username one of the Kimura boys would pick to post on here, yours would be high on the list. The timing of your registration and post history are quite interesting too 🤔

#awooga #wallop

I'm led to believe Ron has a finger somewhere in the Ike Homes / Guiness Partnership pie.

I did think Guinness Homes were involved with FF. Not sure if Ron has any involvement though.

Guinness Homes are quite big though. In Leeds alone, they're part of building some new shared ownership flats in Leeds Centre. Those flats are not cheap at all.

If I had to guess the sort of username one of the Kimura boys would pick to post on here, yours would be high on the list. The timing of your registration and post history are quite interesting too 🤔

#awooga #wallop
Had crossed my mind too

Attachments

• 6600042-John-Hall-Quote-Sometimes-what-you-re-looking-for-is-right-under.jpg
    6600042-John-Hall-Quote-Sometimes-what-you-re-looking-for-is-right-under.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 87
I did think Guinness Homes were involved with FF. Not sure if Ron has any involvement though.

Guinness Homes are quite big though. In Leeds alone, they're part of building some new shared ownership flats in Leeds Centre. Those flats are not cheap at all.
Guinness Homes are building the homes opposite by B and Q I think but not fossetts

If true, I'm not sure outing him on the zone is a way to get further responses.
Could be true, could be coincidence but if it is true he may not post again, especially if he is bombarded with messages.

If it isn't it, could have some fun with said private messages.
Its not that deep mate lol, they're not an undercover agent if it were them, it's a bit of fun on a forum.

In regards to the old creditors that the club, wouldn't this have already been taken into consideration when agreeing the price for the club.

Surely it would be a case of if you won't pay them then it is coming off the asking price. If it was agreed that RM would pay them then it would just come out of the money he receives for the club.
This makes sense to me- but assumes that the list of creditors is accurate and complete.

Well tomorrow is a big day. It seems that it’s not going to happen yet.

I “think” this means that the players can leave. The 3 or 4 names we know may stay, who knows? But the academy players… ?

The wages? This is players lives and maybe sets more free. But for the staff - another date and punch in the face.

Awooga / Kimura - please do what you can.

Ron - do what you should do.

And Ron - you said DD on the buyers. Kimura are still to be trusted. But if they are tho only realistic replacement for yourself. Then do the right thing. I do believe that if money was infinite, the problems we have wouldn’t be problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back