• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel like there must be some kind of reason why Chris and Matt Slater have not followed up their initial reporting, even just to say “this is still dragging on.”
Both will have their reasons for not saying anything. Chris has had a holiday and is covering the tennis (another sport he loves) in the off season. This whole thing at SUFC has put an enormous strain on his mental health and despite being a brilliant local reporter he still gets stick from people in the comments, I can totally understand why he hasn't said much more.

For MS, his beat is different. He only gets to write about us because of how badly we're run. There's no column inches in The Athletic for a stable or even ambitious NL club.

Both will know an enormous amount about the deal but, without anything substantial to provide, they can't just be writing columns in the off season. If they did we'd all get sick of it saying "there's nothing new in there.

We are still in the DD stage. It is an extremely complex process because of Ron's financial set up (group companies, charges, WUPs, inter company loans), the ambiguity of a stadium without full planning permission and of course, there is the fact that you can't trust a word that comes out of Ron's mouth during negotiations because he's a mega *******.

We have to be patient.

Both will have their reasons for not saying anything. Chris has had a holiday and is covering the tennis (another sport he loves) in the off season. This whole thing at SUFC has put an enormous strain on his mental health and despite being a brilliant local reporter he still gets stick from people in the comments, I can totally understand why he hasn't said much more.

For MS, his beat is different. He only gets to write about us because of how badly we're run. There's no column inches in The Athletic for a stable or even ambitious NL club.

Both will know an enormous amount about the deal but, without anything substantial to provide, they can't just be writing columns in the off season. If they did we'd all get sick of it saying "there's nothing new in there.

We are still in the DD stage. It is an extremely complex process because of Ron's financial set up (group companies, charges, WUPs, inter company loans), the ambiguity of a stadium without full planning permission and of course, there is the fact that you can't trust a word that comes out of Ron's mouth during negotiations because he's a mega *******.

We have to be patient.
I just find it surprising that in the most important period of the clubs recent history there's almost total silence from the journalists who you would think would be best placed and most interested in knowing what's going on.

I realise Chris has been on holiday, just seems odd to me that there's not even been a mention of the takeover in a few weeks, not even a tweet from what I can see.

I just find it surprising that in the most important period of the clubs recent history there's almost total silence from the journalists who you would think would be best placed and most interested in knowing what's going on.

I realise Chris has been on holiday, just seems odd to me that there's not even been a mention of the takeover in a few weeks, not even a tweet from what I can see.
National media will be buzzing if we fold.

They are vultures

Last edited:
Despite all of the above this and that, tomorrow is a key date. Figuratively speaking, it is the last day of the current season, and Saturday marks the first day of the new season. If you were to buy a club, this seems like a very good date to draw a line and take over from.
This isn't a 'clever' post and I'm not hinting at anything, just that tomorrow could be a day that something key happens (fingers crossed!!)

I'm led to believe Ron has a finger somewhere in the Ike Homes / Guiness Partnership pie.
Not as a director of any companies he has been associated with. That's not to say he couldn't be involved, but would you give Ron the task of paying suppliers?

That's like putting Harold Shipman in charge of first aid at a care home or Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville as the children's entertainers at a holiday camp.

Local media or national media?

I think you need to stop visiting Shrimperzone for a little bit in all honesty, it’s not a knock on you, it’s just advise, all posts from you just seem so depressingly negative, I feel like it would be great to take a break from SZ?

And that goes for anyone feeling like they’re constantly scrolling and getting frustrated, log out for a bit and hopefully in a few days time or so, maybe a positive bit of news will come out, it may not but who knows.
I wish it was as easy as that but as I suspect we all know its NOT........
Too much individually invested in SUFC in the past to just turn off now and come back in a few days........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back