• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s sounds more like a (reasonable) fear rather than a conclusion, to me. I’m still optimistic, but I certainly wouldn’t criticise anyone who was really worried.
Certainly not a conclusion, but there’s only so much patience and days that can go past in radio silence with the keep calm and carry on mantra.

We’re getting to crunch time now with the contracts expiring, pre-season beginning and NL fixture release and AGM.

To me no clear movement towards a conclusion this week will be significantly concerning.

The quietness of ITK info is a telling sign for me. Takeover seems to be at a delicate stage. Don’t believe Wolfy has shut it as ‘they’ are on holiday. Feel like we will hear something this week, no idea what it’ll be though.
I think it's more of a crunch stage.

From a personal perspective, and looking at it purely from a business point of view and taking out the football emotion, I would have thought that the end of this week should be seen as some sort of crucial deadline.

One of the few things of any value that a new owner would be getting is the player asset value (regardless of how small!). If it runs on into next week then a lot of these may not get paid meaning they can walk away as well as the horrendous continuation of non payment of backroom staff. Not to mention the ones who's contracts expire and will be free to leave for nothing, Bridge arguably being our greatest asset.

On top of that there is the embargo that is stopping us from assembling a competitive squad and the impact on pre season training and we all know how that ends up if you have a poor one.

If you have agreed HoT in principle, then losing these assets would fundamentally change your stance on the amount you are prepared to pay.

I don't think either party can wait much longer before they both suffer negative consequences of further delay. It becomes a lose-lose situation.

I will remain hopeful of news before the end of this week purely on that basis, any delay into next week and beyond can only be detrimental.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but is Ron's Bentley a dark coloured convertable type with a rather large clue to the owner on the number plate? if so I just saw it heading in the general direction of Southend. Means nothing other than at least he's not in hiding. Unless it wasn't him, in which case it means even less..

Slightly off topic, but is Ron's Bentley a dark coloured convertable type with a rather large clue to the owner on the number plate? if so I just saw it heading in the general direction of Southend. Means nothing other than at least he's not in hiding. Unless it wasn't him, in which case it means even less..
maybe he's off to water the new training pitches

So you think we are done then? Because I see a silly post from you yesterday saying we will be in a relegation fight!! You do realise we won’t even get that far if nothing happens don’t you?
The National League will have their own deadlines to meet. Very soon. Do you think we'll survive with a 10 point deduction? Because it's entirely possible

AA23 OLE??

I think the real question is how good is Ron’s BATNA (Best Alternative To Negotiated Agreement).

It sounds like he may well be overreaching in the hope the buyers get desperate but from the sounds of it they’re calling his bluff so far (again not ITK, just trying to piece things together).

The rumour seems to be that the estate agent is out of the running, and that the second party are serious but nowhere near as advanced as Kimura. Ron can’t really afford to let the deal fall through, but whether he’s wise enough to realise that or is willing to bet the house is likely our biggest risk.

Kimura’s BATNA is strong (walk away), so Ron better be careful he doesn’t get a wrong read of the room.

I guess it’s just fortunate that he ****ing loves the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back