• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure.

I’d expect the fines alone for various late/non payments, are not insignificant. I suspect they would go quite a way to sorting out the poor staff in fact.
  • Financial penalties for late/non-existent loan repayments and missed debt installments.
  • Interest on loans.
  • Payouts for contracts terminated early.
  • Legal fees in defence of WUPs and strike-off notices.
  • Legal fees for defence in cases of wrongful dismissal and/or breach of contract.
  • Payouts in cases of the above point.
  • Legal fees for work on Fossetts-related contracts.
  • Planning and consultancy fees - not in itself a bad thing, until you consider that 25 years and 4 submitted planning applications down the line and we still don't have a new stadium.
I'm not disputing the case that the club is loss-making at the moment but all other things being equal, I don't think it would take much (i.e. some competence, integrity and accountability) to improve the balance sheet, increase efficiency and reduce the losses.

Last edited:
  • Financial penalties for late/non-existent loan repayments and missed debt installments.
  • Interest on loans.
  • Payouts for contracts terminated early.
  • Legal fees in defence of WUPs and strike-off notices.
  • Legal fees for defence in cases of wrongful dismissal and/or breach of contract.
  • Payouts in cases of the above point.
  • Legal fees for work on Fossetts-related contracts.
  • Planning and consultancy fees - not in itself a bad thing, until you consider that 25 years and 4 submitted planning applications down the line and we still don't have a new stadium.
I'm not disputing the case that the club is loss-making at the moment but all other things being equal, I don't think it would take much (i.e. some competence, integrity and accountability) to improve the balance sheet, increase efficiency and reduce the losses.
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was between 1-2 million but who knows 🤷‍♂️

The club was struggling for cash but RM being who he is, hired a helicopter to take him and his so called friends to Epsom races and wiped out the SUFC credit card...This is not the only time he has done that. lets not mention his sons wedding .

I well remember when Tara was suing RM for money he was owed that RM turned up on Tara's doorstep at 9am on a Sunday pleading with him not to take him to court.

The man is fake.
I'm not religious, but there is a saying ... 'The good lord punishes those who deserve it in strange ways'.
Hopefully a certain person will get his comeuppance sooner rather than later.

This is crunch time with the new season upon us as fans. I feel this week will be make or break for Kev and who stays, who gets paid and how we as a club move forward.
Do i expect an outcome from the sale, don't we all.

RM's tenure has left him and his company Elounda nearly 40 mill in debt on borrrowing against land which was once the clubs.

A club he always thought was his future when stealing it for a borrowed 4 mill then saddling the debt back on the club is falling apart... Who on earth pays for all the interest on his failings..for sure it isnt him whilst loading more debt on the club.

I will divulge something that happened during Tara's period as just one example. Tara could not take any more of the way RM worked. The club was struggling for cash but RM being who he is, hired a helicopter to take him and his so called friends to Epsom races and wiped out the SUFC credit card...This is not the only time he has done that. lets not mention his sons wedding .

I well remember when Tara was suing RM for money he was owed that RM turned up on Tara's doorstep at 9am on a Sunday pleading with him not to take him to court.

The man is fake.
I was invited to join Ron etc on a private flight to Manchester for a match against Stockport, which was to include dinner etc. He arrived for the flight so late we missed the dinner. No consideration about anyone else.

At least we know Ron will be writing off his years of fantasy rent figures as promised and such a wonderful parting gesture that will no doubt redeem faith in him and mankind in general. So no £16 million for a start as he agreed

Thank you Uncle Ron, we all love your generous gesture before you depart to infinity and beyond1687816520009.png
#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back