• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
For us older fans (my first game in about 1970) and who enjoyed/ suffered the Ron era in full there were good times and the most desperate- increasingly the latter as the money ran out. The younger you are the more you remember the desperate times. We can’t change where we are. And given all the possibilities of who we could end up with at least it looks like we have fallen on our feet.

Agree. Ron's tenure has been, what 25/26 years???? I'm guessing that's a long time in football club ownership - how many clubs have got owners in place for longer than that?

Agree. Ron's tenure has been, what 25/26 years???? I'm guessing that's a long time in football club ownership - how many clubs have got owners in place for longer than that?
5 years to long in the last 5 years he has taken the club to court so many times .That its only for the best he moves over to give the club its best chance of recovery .

Very true..always beware what you wish for re owners of football clubs. And we were never to have a choice. So given the input/feedback of Messrs Slater and Phillips, and what we can see, all we can surely be is optimistic?
Very much this!
As a glass half empty kinda guy know we can't get no worse than it is!

Does anyone really think that this idiot will do his best for SUFC…..dragging his heels as always and will only do his best to finish the club off…hope this reality check helps?Ron Martin (ex bobsleigh champion, reality, kit man ) is a wounded animal and secretly hates anything Southend United!

Look, I know there’s a lot of factors involved and serious legal/financial stuff to be considered.

But on the other hand an announcement today would be overnight for me and means I can double up going to the pub for a midnight kick off in the Cup Final with a celebratory drink up. So if they could just get a wriggle on I’d really appreciate it.

All the immigrant Mancs and plastic Aussie fans can be puzzled why the person celebrating hardest is a lone Southend United fan 😂

No deal being done today be a few weeks yet
I have no ITK info but heard similar yesterday from a mate who works in mergers an aquisitions. If no period of exclusivity has started the he said it couldn't be seen as imminent as usually people like a period of exclusivity to make sure all is in order etc

If the statement last Friday of 3 interested parties and no exclusivity having started is true then that means if it started (worst case) yesterday thats the end of next week at the earliest.

I have no knowledge around these things as I don't work in that area, hoping it is so much quicker as it needs to be done now

No deal being done today be a few weeks yet
Cannot afford that, as NL waiting for us to pay everything’s fully by Monday 5th or we get thrown out of National League set up. Torquay Utd & Dulwich are waiting to hear if they stay up if we get thrown into Ryman Premier League.

I reckon that post that got everyone excited yesterday could be that they were granted exclusivity and were able to finally start moving forward. I think a sale is gonna need at least a week before we get a completion.

Cannot afford that, as NL waiting for us to pay everything’s fully by Monday 5th or we get thrown out of National League set up. Torquay Utd & Dulwich are waiting to hear if they stay up if we get thrown into Ryman Premier League.

That's not quite right is it? Aren't we expecting a letter from the NL extending TODAYs deadline for HMRC payment. When the deadline is extended to we don't know

That's not quite right is it? Aren't we expecting a letter from the NL extending TODAYs deadline for HMRC payment. When the deadline is extended to we don't know
That is what was said, so maybe we have shown the o proof the takeover is happening, who knows this is RM after all

This is factually incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back