• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel if a sale isn't agreed/purchase agreed in the next two weeks then they will chuck us out
Sadly I have that feeling too.

Worth respect to the ITK’s i do only think there is one offer and the other 2 in the clubs statement are a smokescreen, I have no info just a gut feel.

Sadly I do not believe any statement RM makes, or those in his that are being paid by him, such as the agents for the sale or his solicitors etc, he is paying them so surely they will say what fits that mantra.

Those within the club will have info for sure, but is it what they know or what they have been told by RM or others. I am sure the loyalty is at its end but they still work and are hopeful of getting something so maybe the cant / wont say anything to rock that boat. Awful situation for those employees and I feel for them.

Let’s hope that there is some good news soon.

But the debt is primarily to him. He knows he won't get back what he's put in, it's damage limitation as far as SUFC goes for him now. But he isn't wrong when he says he is selling an opportunity.
Hasnt he transferred 16 million of debt to the club? Thought Chris Philips reported that. If true 16 million is a lot of debt for a NL club i would think

Hasnt he transferred 16 million of debt to the club? Thought Chris Philips reported that. If true 16 million is a lot of debt for a NL club i would think
Yes, maybe... but isn't he the majority shareholder of SEL who is the majority shareholder of SUFC?

All roads lead to Ron...

Yes, maybe... but isn't he the majority shareholder of SEL who is the majority shareholder of SUFC?

All roads lead to Ron...
Very true but the debt at Man Utd is basically the same but on a grander scale and that debt stays with the club to be cleared by perspective buyers if sold as a whole as I read it. So my assumption (and only an assumption) is that the same applies here

Found it strange that it was transferred given it hadn’t been before and it was done after the club was put up for sale, maybe even after the first tentative offer?

Last edited:
I fear we are very much in ‘hit’ or ‘bust’ territory now with the takeover, time running out and Ron’s 3 offers is 1 solid and 2 that have walked away from / never truly at the negotiation table

Very true but the debt at Man Utd is basically the same but on a gander scale and that debt stays with the club to be cleared by perspective buyers if sold as a whole as I read it. So my assumption (and only an assumption) is that the same applies here

Found it strange that it was transferred given it hadn’t been before and it was done after the club was put up for sale, maybe even after the first tentative offer?
It wasn’t transferred. There was a question asked about this borne of either misinformation or misunderstanding. It was always there. He just registered floating charges in respect of the debt. Didn’t change the balance sheet.

If they dont get paid i think we could be in trouble with the NL or FA or both as i thought there were rules about that
We were a month late previously and that didn’t result in any action. But if they aren’t paid on time again this month I don’t think there is any way he, or the club, could afford it to become a second month…

The longer this drags on the more the rumours will spread like a wild fire .The only people who know what is going on is Ron his solicitors and the potental buters .Untill the news comes out that the club has been sold or not We all just have to wait for answers .

No we won't. What we'll do is come on here, speculate like mad, moan at others who do not share our viewpoint and make the same brain numbing point time and time again in the hope that we ( and others) will believe it.
Next day, rinse and repeat!

It wasn’t transferred. There was a question asked about this borne of either misinformation or misunderstanding. It was always there. He just registered floating charges in respect of the debt. Didn’t change the balance sheet.
So what CP reported was mis information then, thats where i got the info from

We were a month late previously and that didn’t result in any action. But if they aren’t paid on time again this month I don’t think there is any way he, or the club, could afford it to become a second month…
So we’re Wigan the first time but on subsequent occasions they got punished i believed. I hope we dont, but things dont look good, with rumours of one of the alleged 3 (alleged in the clubs statement) walking away options are diminishing sadly and it is a worrying time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back