• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this drags on the more the rumours will spread like a wild fire .The only people who know what is going on is Ron his solicitors and the potental buters .Untill the news comes out that the club has been sold or not We all just have to wait for answers .

Worth remembering, it's not actually him who runs the company looking to take over the club
Quite he was never buying the club. That was Kimura. Did he say he's not involved at all (e,g. in any way including say re a documentary/media/PR) or just that he's not buying the club? I guess at some point the audio clip will get posted...

I understand there are conversations ongoing about the bid this week, but I don’t know how those are going.

I’d be really keen to hear the whole clip with Ray Winstone. If he was asked whether he is part of a takeover, then technically he isn’t as I understand it - he won’t hold shares - so there is no truth in his being part of the takeover.

If he was asked whether he is connected to / aware of a takeover then from what I understand he absolutely has played a crucial role, whether or not he will going forward.

Just remember this... Before we all start panicking
Quite. And what would "involved" actually mean if he were. I think he probably is "involved" in some way but not as a buyer. Was it ever actually suggested he was by anyone ITK? TBH so many things get picked up from different sources and are elevated to fact /near fact status with nothing but rumour to support them.

He is never in a million years going to give anything away during the final stages (please god) of our clubs buyout.

If you really want to delve into his comments I would say the fact he didn't outright deny it should give us a clue.

It is a bit quiet from the club and bidders, but that’s to be expected and could be a sign that a deal is close.

Most of the negativity is on here though and reflects people’s concerns and worries rather than any intel. I suspect it will continue in a similar way until some real news breaks.

Fingers crossed we may not have long to wait now.

I doubt we will be getting too many updates now. I think some on social media assumed the story breaking last week meant a deal was closer than it actually is. But it will be a frustrating couple of months while we wait for any deal to be completed. Hopefully Ron won't move the goalposts.

What's to stop another wimbledon scenario? A move away with a franchise.
I very much doubt that the NL would sanction that without reference to the FA. And the FA got their fingers badly burned with Wimbledon.

Hopefully, in 12-15 months time your fans will have the legal power of veto over any such proposal anyway.

I doubt we will be getting too many updates now. I think some on social media assumed the story breaking last week meant a deal was closer than it actually is. But it will be a frustrating couple of months while we wait for any deal to be completed. Hopefully Ron won't move the goalposts.
If it takes months to complete the sale then there's a real risk of a relegation battle

It's incredibly tough for us supporters because of our emotional investment, but I really think people need to try and be realistic in their expectations over the progress of the sale and forthcoming (concrete) information over the next few weeks. If there's more than one interested party vying for the club/training ground/future stadium, Ron will be doing all he can to use competition as leverage. With multiple parties involved, the fact that it's a relatively complex transaction and the depth of DD that both parties will rightly need to undertake, this will take time.

As of now, I have prepared myself for our best out of contract players (and maybe even the three amigos) walking in the absence of an expedited resolution. I can also see next year initially being a struggle, with any thoughts of bettering last season evaporating as another rebuild takes place instead. However, if it means the club continues to exist, is transferred to the best new ownership and gives us all cause for hope and a platform to repair this great old club, so be it.

Last edited:
It's incredibly tough for us supporters because of our emotional investment, but I really think people need to try and be realistic in their expectations over the progress of the sale and forthcoming (concrete) information over the next few weeks. If there's more than one interested party vying for the club/training ground/future stadium, Ron will be doing all he can to use competition as leverage. With multiple parties involved, the fact that it's a relatively complex transaction and the depth of DD that both parties will rightly need to undertake, this will take time.

As of now, I have prepared myself for our best out of contract players (and maybe even the three amigos) walking in the absence of an expedited resolution. I can also see next year initially being a struggle, with any thoughts of bettering last season evaporating as another rebuild takes place instead. However, if it means the club continues to exist, is transferred to best new ownership and gives us all cause for hope and a platform to repair this great old club, so be it.
All true except add to this is the fact that further delays may well see buyer(s) walk as well.

And I think the idea that there are three buyers all truly interested is somewhat "manufactured" shall we say. I think we under estimate the cost to, and disincentive for, a new buyer to write off next season before it starts, begin again and cover all the associated costs. If Ron can put in the money for wages to be paid then maybe it can be stretched out- if he can't then the situation will become unsustainable IMO. And writing off next season any buyer will, or should, see as an unnecessary and avoidable £2m cost. I would at best be looking to knock that off the purchase price.

We shall see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back